What to look for when buying a used 360

Allwhowander

CAGiversary!
I saw this on craigslist today.

"I HAVE AN XBOX 360 WITH 2 CORDLESS CONTROLLERS AND ONE CORD CONTROLLER THAT LIGHTS UP BLUE, I ALSO HAVE 3 GAMES, CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2, HALO 3, RED DEAD REDEMPTION"

I'm not sure if he even still has it, but assuming he does, any advice on what I should look if I go to buy it? It seems like a little too good to be true, so what problems should I look for? It'll be pretty easy to spot a RROD, or other major malfunctions. But I've never owned a 360, so is there anything else I may not be aware of? Stuff with xbox live for example? Thanks.

Definitely pop off the faceplate and check to see if the Microsoft tamper label is intact. Check on the back side for any types of pry marks.

If you can actually test it, open and close it without a disc in the drive. Some of the older 360s had a high fail rate on the drives. For the two I had problems with, the drive would stick without a disc in it. Eventually, both drives totally failed.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if someone gets banned from xbox live, is only their account banned or does the console get locked out as well?

[quote name='Allwhowander']Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if someone gets banned from xbox live, is only their account banned or does the console get locked out as well?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the console itself gets banned, in which case it will never be able to connect to Live again. I'd say to try it out at the guy's house or some other place with a TV and internet connection.

Make sure you ask him why he's getting rid of it. You can pretty easily tell from there whether he's lying or not.

i got a question to you all. Do you recommend selling a xbox 360 with lots of DL Content?

Do people appreciate all the things you have? or will be better to keep it?

bread's done
Back