What to look for?

Zahiti

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,
So i dont know of a lot of games that are worth a lot. I go to the Flea Market almost every weekend, so if someone has a list or something of games that i should pick up and what price i should look for them for. THat would be completely awesome, who knows, maybe i'll throw in a prize, idk.

Zahiti - my suggestion to you would be to check completed auction listings for games on ebay, or what people sell certain games for here.

From my experience, knocking a small percentage (10-20%) off non-fluke (once in a while, a single copy of a game will sell unusually high. this is a fluke) successful sales seems fair.

Games that have continual demand are:
Valkyrie Profile (PS1)
Suikoden II (PS1)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast, PS2, or Xbox)
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (PS2)
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne & Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
Breath of Fire I, II, III, IV (first two are on GBA and SNES, third is on PS1 and Euro PSP, fourth is on PS1)
Grandia II (Dreamcast)
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (Gamecube)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Shining Force II (Genesis)
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
Phantasy Star (Sega Master System)
Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition (PS2)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1, because no one wants to pay $60 for this game)

The $15-20 range is good for a lot of these games.

These are not only in demand, but are also good games (a few are a tad overrated, but they're not bad). This list is but a sample. I wish you luck.

-sailorneorune

Cheapest - there isn't. It's a decent 2-D game, a throwback to the days before the 3-D Castlevanias on the N64 and PS2 that people seem to really not like. The gameplay of SotN has been since closely replicated on the GBA and DS, and it's just simple fun and nostalgia, mostly nostalgia.

Nostalgia sells.

/there's your answer
//my apologies for the threadjack

[quote name='Sailorneorune']
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (PS2)[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought this was really cheap/common. huh.

This is why I said they were in demand and not rare... some games that are hard to find command precisely dick on the secondary market and some games that are common but beloved may get higher prices because people really, really like them.

Factor in the fact that some games are dirt common in one part of the country (or the world) and rare in another, and the possibilities are endless.

Again, my list is merely a sample. Anyone feel free to add to it.

you develop an instinct for it over time. Start by visiting every possible store that might look like it carries video games on your way to and from work/school, then browse cag and digitpress in between every other site and you'll quickly develop a 6th sense of rareness/value. Keep it hidden though--if anyone finds out, you'll be socially castrated for being such a dork. ;)

[quote name='Apossum']--if anyone finds out, you'll be socially castrated for being such a dork. ;)[/quote]

Social castration? What, exactly, does that entail?

bread's done
Back