What to you think?

Alucard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Does anyone else think that some people here can be very rude. I mean I just started here and most people already have shot at me. i mean some of been real cool with me being a newbie and everything. Is this normal to be attacked right off the bat? I guess I just ain't good at people skillz. At least I always can turn to Video Games. Any answers to why some people here can live with themselves treating newbies this way would be real helpful:wall:. And to those who are nice you people deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for Gaming world coolness.:cool:
Alucard

"Awww Mittens"

Welcome to a public internet forum. They are and always have been this way. Just sort the wheat from the chaff.

Oh geez, don't be naive. It's a public forum w/ ppl from different places... some of them not necessarily from the US so you're bound to find someone who rubs you the wrong way. Even if you weren't on a public forum, try working in customer support or tech support and you'll see how nasty ppl really are.

It just has been a long time since someone tried to insult me. Sorry if i offended anyone. I'm just new to this whole forum thing and didn't expect what i was in for. I will try to keep things under wraps. Thanks for informing me of the way things work around here. guess i should go play some Tekken 5 now.
Alucard

[quote name='Alucard']It just has been a long time since someone tried to insult me. Sorry if i offended anyone. I'm just new to this whole forum thing and didn't expect what i was in for. I will try to keep things under wraps. Thanks for informing me of the way things work around here. guess i should go play some Tekken 5 now.
Alucard[/QUOTE]
:cry:

[quote name='zionoverfire']I think I've found a new name for my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Aw yes the ever growing and expanding ignore list. Really a great feature from the site upgrade.

Welcome Alucard. Sorry there are some people here who are impatient with or rude to Newbies. (Actually, they’re just as likely to be short tempered with everyone, now that I think about it.)

My advice to you is: watch your spelling and grammar closely, make sure any deals you post could not have been reported before and don’t offer any opinions that are likely to be unpopular with anyone or, forget all of that and just don’t take to heart what some people say or the way they say it. ;)

I’m sure that as you use the boards more you will find that the overwhelming majority of CAGs are friendly and helpful (and funny too) and that you’ll enjoy being a part of the community here. Again, welcome!

The thing is though, people are only rude to you, if you give them a reason to be. Just be nice and friendly and don't post stupid things and people will be fine to you for the most part, sure there are a couple of dicks here, who I don't feel like naming at the moment, but as a whole, CAG is an amazing place with lots of cool and interesting people. Oh yeah, and these kinds of topics are only asking for trouble...

I dare say that a kick-ass Alucard avatar will net you more respect.

Like this one:
51ye4y

ummmmmmmmmm.... I absolutely mean no disrespect, but this is how I would train a newbie anywhere. You get treated like crap to being with, if you make it through and show your worth then you get some respect, but if you just wanna loaf through it like nothing, then you get to be a dumbass, if you aren't and you come through on a major deal then all will love you!

But never take it personal, just roll through and know it's not just you

Haha, whoa, you guys are totally jumping on this guy. He's obviously new to forums, so cut him some slack. Openly admitting to Ignoring him aren't going to solve any problems.

Alucard, I'm sorry that you've been mistreated, but you'll have to brace yourself for it. There's a lot of Internet assholes out there, and CAG is no different.

[quote name='Alucard']Does anyone else think that some people here can be very rude. I mean I just started here and most people already have shot at me. i mean some of been real cool with me being a newbie and everything. Is this normal to be attacked right off the bat? I guess I just ain't good at people skillz. At least I always can turn to Video Games. Any answers to why some people here can live with themselves treating newbies this way would be real helpful:wall:. And to those who are nice you people deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for Gaming world coolness.:cool:
Alucard

"Awww Mittens"[/QUOTE]

Who knew, even undead overlords have feelings (well Castlevania heroes always did look kinda femme...)

All the people here have been such a great help. I realize now that first impressions aren't always what they appear to be and that things generally improve. I now have my Alucard avatar up. I find the avatars on this site to be so funny. Keep up the good work everybody. And thanks for the support.

Well if you noticed the main reason you were flamed is because you posted obvious deals. If it is advertised Online or at B&M, then we already know about it.

bread's done
Back