What tools do you need to open a PSP?

darkcrawlspace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Their seems to be something wrong with the analog nub on my PSP, so I want to open the system up to see what the problem is. From the looks of it, it seems that I just need a really small screw, but I was wondering if you actually needed a certain kind of tool. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='net2']I found this link through a google search that explains how to do it.http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTAxNCwyLCxoY29uc29sZQ==[/QUOTE]
you've given me an interesting idea. since my(or at least will be mine once playasia decides to ship it) blue japanese psp has no valid warranty in the states, maybe i will replace the stock buttons with these clear ones. that's be a nice starter mod for me and make my psp even more distinct :cool: .

with tweezers and a screwdriver you can open your psp without voiding your warranty. It's easy as hell. I've done it 20 times and my warranty is as god as new.

Yea, I've been wanting to pop off the front cover just to clear out all the dust that's seeped under it :mad:

I removed the screw at the bottom but got a little nervous when pulling at the cover, so I just put the screw back and said "screw it". Haha, I made a funny :D

bread's done
Back