What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

BestBuy.com is doing 2 for $15 on a bunch of indie CDs, I went for 4 new cds ($7.50 each with free shipping!):

The Go! Team - "Proof of Youth"
Band of Horses - "Everything All The Time"
Shout Out Louds - "Our Ill Wills"
Sunset Rubdown - "Random Spirit Lover"

I already have the other CDs by Go Team and Band of Horses, so this was a logical progression, and I love Wolf Parade, so Sunset Rubdown seemed like a logical purchase, but Shout Out Louds was a blind buy, just based on the single. Anyone heard it, and if so, how is it?

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']BestBuy.com is doing 2 for $15 on a bunch of indie CDs, I went for 4 new cds ($7.50 each with free shipping!):

The Go! Team - "Proof of Youth"
Shout Out Louds - "Our Ill Wills"
Sunset Rubdown - "Random Spirit Lover"

I already have the other CDs by Go Team and Band of Horses, so this was a logical progression, and I love Wolf Parade, so Sunset Rubdown seemed like a logical purchase, but Shout Out Louds was a blind buy, just based on the single. Anyone heard it, and if so, how is it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I bought the Hold Steady's Boys and Girls in America and Band of Horses' Cease to Begin.

Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd - Only $5 at Walmart, still have a cassette version of this, so it was time to upgrade.

[quote name='rcannon']Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd - Only $5 at Walmart, still have a cassette version of this, so it was time to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I have dark side of the moon on cd and VINYL. Picked up the record of it from a rummage sale a few years ago for $1 nearly mint.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Daft Punk - Alive

If you like Daft Punk's CD "Discovery" Then you pretty much have to get this. It's got some fantastic live remixes[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Great album.

Yesterday, bought:

Gallhammer - Ill Innocence

Didn't expect it to be $20 bucks, but it was damn good. Also, finally received my copy of Cannabis Corpse - Blunted At Birth, that I ordered back in August.

Did the Best Buy deal too and grabbed:

The National - "Boxer"

Loving the National, but Band of Horses seems pretty generic so far.

[quote name='starman9000']Did the Best Buy deal too and grabbed:

The National - "Boxer"

Loving the National, but Band of Horses seems pretty generic so far.[/quote]

That National CD is pretty exceptional...I listen to "Mistaken for Strangers" like it's my job.

There's a great piece on them in the new Paste Magazine, if you're interested.

[quote name='bmachine']

There's a great piece on them in the new Paste Magazine, if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

When did it come out? I think my subscription might have just ended (and I probably won't resubscribe as they stopped including DVD's)

[quote name='starman9000']When did it come out? I think my subscription might have just ended (and I probably won't resubscribe as they stopped including DVD's)[/quote]

Just got it in the mail 2 or 3 days ago...National is actually on the cover. It's the Dec 07/Jan 08 combined issue.

Weren't they doing a deal a little while back where you could pay whatever you wanted for a subscription? Might be the way to go.

Is that Best Buy deal still going on? Just poked around the site and couldn't find it, so I'm assuming it's over...please link if I'm missing it.

Just got a big order in the other day:

My Chemical Romance - Black Parade
Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation
Aerosmith - Pump
Genesis - Turn it on Again : The Hits
Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Led Zeppelin - IV

First cds ive gotten in a few weeks.

[quote name='starman9000']Did the Best Buy deal too and grabbed:

The National - "Boxer"

Loving the National, but Band of Horses seems pretty generic so far.[/QUOTE]
You know, it's strange because I have pretty much the exact opposite opinion: what I heard of The National sounded pretty generic, while Band of Horses is incredible, IMO.

[quote name='starman9000']Thanks for the heads up on Paste, I may see if I can find that price your own subscription deal.[/quote]

Just looked it up and it's over...sorry. I should've checked before mentioning it.

Pulling Teeth - Martyr Immortal (Hardcore/metal from Baltimore)
Dethklok - The Dethalbum Deluxe Edition
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Candy Cigarettes And Cap Guns

Creature Feature - The Greatest Show Unearthed

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero on vinyl (6 panel gatefold cover, 180 gram double LP, 16 page lyrics booklet)

The NIN set is freakin' gorgeous...I just want to rub it on my body.

[quote name='Klank']My most recent buy is
Nothing's Lost - Styrofoam
Post - Bjork
Debut - Bjork
Homogenic - Bjork
Give up - The Postal Service
Irresistable Bliss - Soul Coughing[/quote]
Nice choices here.

M Doughty of Soul Coughing actually has a new solo CD coming out in February called Golden Delicious...should be awesome.

Picked up "Alone: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo" as it came out just today. It's not so much an album as it is a compilation of demos and such. Overall, it's really stellar.

the last cd i bought, hmmm...Lil Wayne: Tha Carter II (the day it came out)

i download cds most days, last one was Jay-z: American Gangster

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero Remixed

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I enjoyed the first half. I tried to get the Rivers Cuomo CD but Best Buy didn't have it yesterday (which is madness, why the fuck even carry CDs if you're not going to get big releases on day one?).

[quote name='Halo05']Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero Remixed

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I enjoyed the first half. I tried to get the Rivers Cuomo CD but Best Buy didn't have it yesterday (which is madness, why the fuck even carry CDs if you're not going to get big releases on day one?).[/quote]

maby they were sold out?

Everybody's picking up Lupe's "The Cool"...Is it really that good?

I just got my amazon order from gift cards in this morning.

Got Ghostface Killah's "Big Doe Rehab" and Wu Tang's "8 Diagrams"

Since my last post:

Everclear - Sparkle and Fade
Dethklok - The Dethalbum
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gold & Platinum
Monster Magnet - 4-Way Diablo
Sugar Ray - Floored

bread's done
Back