What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='senorwoohoo']That's what I've been hearing.

I listened to most of it last night and not too much of it jumped out at me, but I like what I remember.

I hate to quote Pitchfork, but this one seems like much more of a grower than St. Elsewhere, which I might listen to next.[/QUOTE]

It is a grower. St. Elsewhere was one of my favorite albums to run to, and I listened to The Odd Couple for the first time in that setting and wasn't impressed. Listening to it a second time in a different environment made a big difference. Still not sure if I like it as much as the first album, but it's a damn good album, and I really hope they keep working together.

[quote name='lunatic_pandora']obZen by Meshuggah. fuckING AMAZING.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Bleed is incredible.

As for me, Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted

Haven't picked up anything in a while.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Daft Punk Alive 2007[/QUOTE]

Was just gonna pick that up the other day but changed my mind. Picked up Discovery instead. Altogether I got:

Nine Inch Nails : Year Zero
Nine Inch Nails : The Downward Spinal (Dual Disk)
Daft Punk : Discovery
Kanye West : The College Dropout

[quote name='nickmad']creed? come on, really? they are the absolute worst.[/QUOTE]

Creed is alright in small doses. Admittably I liked them a lot better in high school than I do now. Listening to the GH album showed me that , but they're still ok. One thing we should have learned though is that Scott Stapp didn't make Creed alone. Them splitting up into Alterbridge and him going solo proved that. Alterbridge = win , Scott Stapp = lose.

[quote name='Rozz']Why would you get the DualDisc version?[/QUOTE]

Was this directed at me? If it was , is there something wrong with the dualdisk version? Where I got it from it was the same price as the non-dualdisk version so I figured I was getting a better deal.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Was this directed at me? If it was , is there something wrong with the dualdisk version? Where I got it from it was the same price as the non-dualdisk version so I figured I was getting a better deal.[/quote]

Well, it might work on one of your players but it's not guaranteed to work on everything. It has not been approved so that's why it does not feature the Compact Disc logo. It's basically two discs glued back to back together, so it weighs more and has errors in many players.

[quote name='bmachine']Mindless Self Indulgence - Never Wanted to Dance [EP][/QUOTE]

Me too, I'm also a whore so I bought the extended version of their "You'll Rebel to Anything..." album despite already owning the original and clean versions. I hope those fruits are at least spending my money on crack.

[quote name='Halo05']Me too, I'm also a whore so I bought the extended version of their "You'll Rebel to Anything..." album despite already owning the original and clean versions. I hope those fruits are at least spending my money on crack.[/quote]

LOL...ditto here, to all of the above. Also picked up YRTL on vinyl...it's framed and hanging above my fireplace!

Going to see them in Philly in May with The Birthday Massacre...should be a killer show.

[quote name='Rozz']Well, it might work on one of your players but it's not guaranteed to work on everything. It has not been approved so that's why it does not feature the Compact Disc logo. It's basically two discs glued back to back together, so it weighs more and has errors in many players.[/quote]

This is the first I heard of such a problem. After a bit of Googling, I got a bit paranoid because I have a few DualDisc albums. But I just tested them out to be sure, and I had no problem playing them in any of my two disc changers, two computers, two DVD players, portable player, and car system. Go figure.

got these at sakuracon
The slants- Slanted eyes slanted hearts
High and might color- Go over
the Scandal -SPACE RANGER single
ALi project- grand final
Ketchup mania greetings from tokyo

[quote name='bmachine']Yup...grabbed it at Hot Topic. Only $12.[/QUOTE]

found a copy on Sunday and I've gotten my fill of Hot Topic for the next two years (last time in there was to grab that Hot Topic exclusive Slayer single).

[quote name='rapsodist']
Hanne Hukkelberg - Rykestraße 68
[/QUOTE]

Awesome album, prefer it over her awesome debut album Little Things

edit: also finally picked up Verses' Ms. O'Ginny 12". Nice to finally have Shin-Ski's remix and the instrumental for my turntable

[quote name='Rozz']Well, it might work on one of your players but it's not guaranteed to work on everything. It has not been approved so that's why it does not feature the Compact Disc logo. It's basically two discs glued back to back together, so it weighs more and has errors in many players.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rapsodist']This is the first I heard of such a problem. After a bit of Googling, I got a bit paranoid because I have a few DualDisc albums. But I just tested them out to be sure, and I had no problem playing them in any of my two disc changers, two computers, two DVD players, portable player, and car system. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Got two 7"s in the mail yesterday:

Final Draft - S/T
Weedsteeler/Nautical Hyperblast split[/QUOTE]

That is why I dont like buying them. I think it says some where on it that the disc may not work in all players. I have one or two Mudvayne CDs that are like that. Another thing I don't like about them is that the top gets scratched alot. Atleast mine did untill I took out the insert that tells you about the dual disc. Other then that they have worked fine in everything I put them in. I only have played the one side and dont even know what is on the other. I got them because the one was the only one best buy had of that cd and the other because it was the same price as the normal cd, had more content and thought I would check to see what it was. Don't think I will get them again.

As for the last cd that I bought it was Chthonic. Anyone that is into metal I suggest you check them out.

Gaudi and Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn - Dub Qawwali
Mindrot - Soul
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians

Awesome albums, bought them all used, paid about $25 in total

Why? - Alopecia
She and Him - Volume One
Colony 5 - Buried Again
Boole - The Vital Few
Ministry - Cover Up
Moby - Last Night

[quote name='senorwoohoo']My Bloody Valentine - Loveless[/quote]
One of my all-time faves. Excellent choice.

Why? - Alopecia
She and Him - Volume One
Colony 5 - Buried Again
Boole - The Vital Few
Ministry - Cover Up
Moby - Last Night

[quote name='senorwoohoo']My Bloody Valentine - Loveless[/quote]
One of my all-time faves. Excellent choice.

[quote name='bmachine']One of my all-time faves. Excellent choice.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, kind sir.

De La Soul - The Grind Date
The Stooges - Fun House
Built to Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future
King Crimson - The Power to Believe

[quote name='thechairmanh2k']Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest of Times
2 Dragonforce cds, dont know the names.[/quote]
Call me old fashioned, but I usually know the names of the stuff I buy.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Call me old fashioned, but I usually know the names of the stuff I buy.[/quote]

The Murphys album was so good, he forgot the names of the other 2.

Just picked up Anti Flag - The Bright Lights of America

[quote name='cdubb1605']just got aesop rock - none shall pass

pretty good if the "indie-hop" scene is your thing[/QUOTE]

Aesop Rock is one of the best rappers alive, whether he makes "indie-hop" or not. His linguistic style is miles ahead of Sage Francis and Atmosphere, probably his closest peers in the genre.

Neutral Milk Hotel "In the Aeroplane Over The Sea"
The Breeders "Mountain Battles"
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!"

First NC disc I've bought, blind buy based on all his general praise (and the praise for this specific album).

Tangoterje - I Want Your Love 7" (new single from Red Astaire aka Freddy Cruger)
Kanser - Future Retro Legacy
Clara Luzia - The Long Memory
Living Legends - The Gathering EP
Siah & Yeshua DapoED - The Viualz Anthology
The Grouch - Show You The World
Cadence Weapon - Afterparty Babies (on vinyl to go with my cd copy)

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']First NC disc I've bought, blind buy based on all his general praise (and the praise for this specific album).[/quote]

Do you like it? I haven't been able to find it locally.

Murder Ballads is the best thing he's ever done, in my opinion...check it out if you want to explore the back catalog at all.

[quote name='bmachine']Do you like it? I haven't been able to find it locally.

Murder Ballads is the best thing he's ever done, in my opinion...check it out if you want to explore the back catalog at all.[/quote]

I discovered Nick Cave with The Boatman's Call, funnily enough. It's actually a really wonderful album to me, as is the following one, No More Shall We Part. But I agree that Murder Ballads is a great first stop; it's much more indicative of Cave's total discography and personality. I also want to recommend Tender Prey on the strength of "The Mercy Seat" alone.

bread's done
Back