What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='bvharris']U2 - No Line on the Horizon.

Really wish I hadn't.. Had to go back and listen to Joshua Tree like 5 times after just to get the sound out of my ears.[/QUOTE]

I really like the new album.

*shrugs* I love the old stuff too, but honestly like some of the newer stuff even more, though Achtung Baby is still my favorite of their's.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Bowie - Scary Monsters
David Bowie - Earthling
David Bowie - Low
David Bowie - Heroes
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth

[quote name='theonlinelegend']Marilyn Manson-The High End Of Low[/QUOTE]
Almost picked this up yesterday i got Eminem - Relapse and Method Man Redman - Blackout 2

Has anyone bought the new 311 album from Amazon? I'm about to pull the trigger on it, but I'm wondering if the Amazon exclusive track is actually on the CD, or if you just get a download code.

U.P.O.- No Pleasantries

I wish more people knew of this album, it has influences of a lot of 90's rock but it doesn't just choose a genere it has a couple mixed in. Think of something like Pearl Jam or STP but more heavier and darker.

Went shopping today, happened to pick up 2 CD's

Manson- High End of Low (72 Minutes of Manson, good.)

Chickenfoot-Chickenfoot This is the letdown of the year for me. There is so much talent here but it turns out to be nothing more than a glorified hard rock album, the songs have been done before and the only good parts of the album is when Satriani does a solo, but even then thats limited which sucks because Satirani can play and do weird shit. Probably because their target audience would not care for Satriani's amazing work, fuckers.

That Chickenfoot album seems like it's made for everyone's dad. Satriani's guitar is wasted. I'm not a fan of his, mind you, but I know the man's work and he's better than that.

I got:
The Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
Bad Religion - No Control
They Might Be Giants - Here Come The ABCs.

Seventh Void - Heaven Is Gone

I heard the Chickenfoot song they played on Conan and I was not impressed at all. Satriani's solo wasn't even that hot. I missed an opportunity to see them in a small club in Philly a couple weeks ago, but after hearing that song I'm not really disappointed.

Cursive - The Difference Between Houses and Homes
Awesome Color - Awesome Color
Awesome Color - Electric Aborigines
The Dirtbombs - If You Don't Already Have a Look

Last week I received...

Sonic Youth - The Eternal (2xLP)
Sonic Youth - Battery Park, NYC (LP)

...from Matador. (The latter is the "bonus LP" that comes as part of the newest BEGN offer.)

Maybe a little steep at $40 shipped, but I've been enjoying both, so no complaints.

Death is Not a Joyride - 2008 - A Human Zoo - I hope they didn't ruin themselves for me after the horrendous live performance they put me through. I've been too afraid to listen to the album since I picked it up at the show.

2 Foot Yard - 2008 - Borrowed Arms - One of my favorite bands. Super pumped to listen to this tomorrow.

Have a Nice Life - 2008 - Deathconciousness (2xLP with 70 page booklet) - Best album of 2008. I only pre-ordered it, so I can't wait for it to get released and arrive.

[quote name='siderealshift']Last week I received...

Sonic Youth - The Eternal (2xLP)
Sonic Youth - Battery Park, NYC (LP)

...from Matador. (The latter is the "bonus LP" that comes as part of the newest BEGN offer.)

Maybe a little steep at $40 shipped, but I've been enjoying both, so no complaints.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous! I didn't get the chance to participate in this BEGN offer. The last one I got was a 7" copy of "Black Out" that came with Pavement's "Wowee Zowee".

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I'm jealous! I didn't get the chance to participate in this BEGN offer. The last one I got was a 7" copy of "Black Out" that came with Pavement's "Wowee Zowee".[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous! Wowee Zowee is routinely my favorite Pavement record (the order of preference rotates, of course, but it's frequently at the top) and somehow I completely missed out on that BEGN. #-o

[quote name='siderealshift']I'm jealous! Wowee Zowee is routinely my favorite Pavement record (the order of preference rotates, of course, but it's frequently at the top) and somehow I completely missed out on that BEGN. #-o[/QUOTE]

It's really only for collection purposes, cause it's not really that differen't than the album version.

WZ is pretty much my favorite Pave album, too. Sprawling, different, classic Malkmus songwriting with some great contributions from Kannberg as well. Though recently, I've been listening to Westing (by Musket and Sextant) more often.

[quote name='DestroVega']Mono is the "Life in Mono" Mono right?[/QUOTE]

It's the Japanese instrumental band, not the British trip-hop band.

[quote name='rabbitt']It's the Japanese instrumental band, not the British trip-hop band.[/QUOTE]

gotcha... I always thought bands couldn't share the same names legally when recording?

[quote name='DestroVega']gotcha... I always thought bands couldn't share the same names legally when recording?[/QUOTE]

...Which is why we end up with band names like Death From Above 1979.

I finally caved and bought...

Queensx.jpg

It wasn't cheap, but I've been lusting after it for quite some time. I knew that a local store had a copy, so I figured I should grab it before I move away.

I also picked up...

Archer Prewitt - Three (LP)

^ a friend of mine has that, pretty cool. I probably would have scooped one myself but don't have/probably will never have a player.

[quote name='rabbitt']How much did you pay for Rated X? It has been on my radar for far too long.[/QUOTE]

$39.99, sealed. If you check web prices (and availability in the US), it's actually not that bad.

Additionally, "Ode To Clarissa" is a pretty awesome Oliveri song. I was sort of expecting something bogus like a 2-minute "joke" bonus track, like the pregap track on Songs For The Deaf, but I was pleasantly surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZVfO4f8QQ

I also noticed, rabbitt, that someone (not any of the original labels, I don't think) recently repressed all of the Kyuss studio albums on 180 g, including Sons Of Kyuss on transparent vinyl. I'll definitely be grabbing those when I can afford to do so.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Found this at Hot Topic today for $5.99,

Portishead - Third (2xLP)[/QUOTE]

beast of an album that you need to really listen to a lot for it to sink in...

Street Sweeper Social Club - Self-titled. Saw them live at the CD release party, it was incredible. Group I went with got 2 of Tom Morello's picks.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Found this at Hot Topic today for $5.99,

Portishead - Third (2xLP)[/QUOTE]

I had a total ":shock:" moment when I read this, but for some reason I was thinking you meant the box set version.

Still a good buy, though. If I could stand to be in a Hot Topic store for more than four seconds, I would definitely check out what they have on vinyl.

[quote name='siderealshift']$39.99, sealed. If you check web prices (and availability in the US), it's actually not that bad.

Additionally, "Ode To Clarissa" is a pretty awesome Oliveri song. I was sort of expecting something bogus like a 2-minute "joke" bonus track, like the pregap track on Songs For The Deaf, but I was pleasantly surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZVfO4f8QQ

I also noticed, rabbitt, that someone (not any of the original labels, I don't think) recently repressed all of the Kyuss studio albums on 180 g, including Sons Of Kyuss on transparent vinyl. I'll definitely be grabbing those when I can afford to do so.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I want Blues For The Red Sun on vinyl.

Trip to the record store yesterday, these are my finds.

DSCI0038Medium.jpg

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True (Stiff Records Italian pressing) $15
Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine $10
New Order - FEP 313 $3

The EC record was quite a find, as I've been a voracious fan since I was an angry 15 year old. The DFA vinyl was a nice find for that price, especially as it's an album I love. The New Order vinyl was a surprising find in the used bin that's normally filled with Kiss and Ted Nugent. It's got the version of Temptation that I haven't heard before.

I bought a few records out of the 99 cent bin that I didn't really feel like taking pictures of. Def Leppard, Squeeze, and Rick Ocasek's "This Side Of Paradise", because I felt I REALLY needed to hear "Emotion in Motion" :lol:

bread's done
Back