What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='AshesofWake']depeche mode tonight!

*boner*[/QUOTE]

Me and my girlfriend have been trying to find tickets to a Depeche Mode concert in our area, but the tickets are $90+. I am jealous!

Last Sunday I went to Mayhem Fest. Nothing says a leisurely day of rest like 8 hours of merciless metal bands...Oh, and Bullet for my Valentine, too.

Everything was awesome. All of the bands made jokes about the weather and obscenity laws in OK. Of course, Marilyn Manson didn't pay any attention to it. He also ended the night by "ejaculating" confetti all over the crowd.:lol:

Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong, Fireworks, Polar Bear Club, & Drive A last night in Pomona. Hell of a show, oversold the venue by 100 people.

I saw Heaven and Hell with Coheed and Cambria last night, got a free ticket from a promo for buying a ticket to the Dethklok show in October.

Coheed was great, they played a nice cover of Iron Maiden's The Trooper. They mostly played songs off of their last 3 albums, don't think they did any songs off of Second Stage Turbine Blade though.

Heaven and Hell was amazing. Dio, Iommi, Butler, and Appice were all great! They played songs off of The Devil You Know and all of the Dio fronted Black Sabbath albums.

Modest Mouse with The Night Marchers

Here's the setlist:

Dramamine
Gravity Rides Everything
Fly Trapped In A Jar
Never Ending Math Equation
3rd Planet
Here It Comes
Satellite Skin
King Rat
Dashboard
The Whale Song
Blame It On The Tetons
Breakthrough
The Good Times Are Killing Me
The View
Spitting Venom
------------------
Bury Me With It
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
Broke
It was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Nine Inch Nails
8/22/09 @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC

Nine Inch Nails
8/25/09 @ Terminal 5, NYC

Nine Inch Nails
8/26/09 @ Terminal 5, NYC

Just saw Heaven and Hell, again, with Coheed and Cambria...both bands did excellent sets. Next up looks like Kiss: Alive at 35 in October (its a bucket-list kinda thing with me), possibly Alice Cooper but...meh..I'm so so on that last one.

Gotta start looking at the smaller venues, they are off my radar right now...

Anyone know if Peter Gabriel is ever going to tour again?

I saw Weezer/Blink Saturday... it was cool from what I remember...

did anyone see Weezer Monday in Saratoga? They played a longer set and the setlist is nowhere to be found.. like the show never happened.

Saw Gang Gang Dance last night. Really really great show and their relentless noise actually set fire to one of the main speakers during the encore. Certain segments where they had three sets of drums going at the same time were fucking intense. I highly recommend checking this band out if you can.

[quote name='bmachine']Nine Inch Nails
8/22/09 @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC

Nine Inch Nails
8/25/09 @ Terminal 5, NYC

Nine Inch Nails
8/26/09 @ Terminal 5, NYC[/QUOTE]

lucky Bastard

Over the summer I saw Tiesto in London, but briefly. Had to fly to Dublin that same day! Wished I could've stayed the entire time. I also went to Milan and saw Gabry Ponte, not expecting anyone here to know him, haha.

KMFDM in Boston Sep 26 :cool:

[quote name='bmachine']I'll be there! KMFDM is a drug against war![/QUOTE]

Few days after that I get to see em in the shithole that is Harpos!

Then about a month after that til... THE GENITORTURERS! :D

Saw Creed in Hershey, PA a few weeks back. Wow. What a great show. I think it was the 2nd show since they came back.

They are just awesome. glad they are back.

I've been out of the loop for a while, I think the last show I went to was Streetlight Manifesto a few months back.

But next month: Psychedelic Furs and Happy Mondays! HOLY fuckING SHIT I CAN'T WAIT.

[quote name='bmachine']I'll be there! KMFDM is a drug against war![/QUOTE]

Shit, really? Hope to see you there at the venue (not that I'd know how to recognize you unless we come in CAG pajamas :lol:)

Three 6 Mafia. Came to perform at my university. Cross faded as hell. Last thing I remember before blacking out is getting hella sick from the monster bass. Woke up in my girlfriend's bed and regained consciousness while drunk sleepily eating steak and rice. Good times. This was like.. last Halloween. Pretty much stopped having fun in winter quarter so I could buckle down and concentrate on school. So close to a 3.5..

I saw Our Lady Peace at the fillmore in detroit on the 21st and july 11th in sarnia ontario with stone temple piliots.

Then on the 29th I say hed pe and mushroom head at harpos in detroit (damn this show was good!)

I feel so old right now. The last 3 concerts I went to were John Williams and the Music of the Movies, An Evening with Diana Krall, and Mozart Under the Stars, all at the Hollywood Bowl over the past 4 weeks.

Just got back from Alice In Chains in Philly. They put on an incredible show filled with old favorites and some new tunes. Highlights were Nutshell, We Die Young and Again. Jerry was spot on as was the rest of the band. I'm liking DuVall with them, he is a top notch replacement for Layne. Can't wait for the new album!

Harvey Danger.

It was their last show ever. It was awesome. They went through their setlist and then stayed on stage for an additional 2 hours and took requests.

3 Inches of Blood last night at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, pretty awesome. one of the opening bands, Holy Grail was awesomely fun. but sad panda for not playing premonition of pain.

Glay on 9/9/09 @ The Fillmore. Another fun show like last year. Teru yelling out, "I want your BOYS! (voice)" was unintentionally hilarious to me.

Down last night in Philadelphia. Great show but An Evening With Down is much better as they play longer, they had an opener last night that was pretty lame.

Just got back from Yeah Yeah Yeahs with Yacht.

Phenomenal show. Both bands were excellent.

Here's the setlist for YYYs
Sealings
Phenomena
Heads Will Roll
Kiss Kiss
Dull Life
Down Boy
Hysteric
Soft Shock
Gold Lion
Honey Bear
Zero
Turn Into
Date With The Night

Encore

Y Control
Maps (acoustic)
Tick

[quote name='dim2192']Killers w/ Wolfmother

met some really cute girls :)[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is a show I'd like to see. Never seen Wolfmother.

[quote name='shieryda']Going to see Buckethead on Friday!!![/QUOTE]

Good luck on getting a toy! Buckethead live never disappoints. I've seen him like 5 times and the show is great every single time.

[quote name='tcrash247']Good luck on getting a toy! Buckethead live never disappoints. I've seen him like 5 times and the show is great every single time.[/QUOTE]

Toy? I'm taking my Flip camera to try and get some video.

[quote name='shieryda']Toy? I'm taking my Flip camera to try and get some video.[/QUOTE]

Is this your first Buckethead show? In the middle of his set, he pulls out a big bag of toys and hands them out to the crowd, like Santa.

[quote name='tcrash247']Is this your first Buckethead show? In the middle of his set, he pulls out a big bag of toys and hands them out to the crowd, like Santa.[/QUOTE]

First show, yes. I didn't realize that the guy has been around for 13 years!

bread's done
Back