What was the last game you paid full price for?

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I just wanted to see what was the last game you folks shelled out retail price for, before CAG or even after (rare).

The last game I payed full price for was Disgaea.

Dynasty Warriors 4 (it was a while ago.) Kain Vicent, man, the word is spelled 'paid.'

Last game I bought at "full price" was NHL 2k5. But before that it was FFX2. And on Tuesday, It'll be GTA SA

Street Fighter: AC
Metal Gear Solid: TTS
Viewtiful Joe
Soul Calibur II

those were the last three games I bought for full price.

the next will be MGS 3

if we are to count TRU games into this:

Mega Man and Gradius V were both the full MSRP, but getting one for free makes them more like 20 a piece instead of full price

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']um all of the games i got at the TRU sale day were full price[/quote]

Yeah, but they were on sale

For me, it was Phantom Brave with that weakass preorder mini-artbok deal. Before that it was NCAA Football 2004 (last year of course).

All GBA games unless otherwise noted:

The Sims: Bustin' Out
Harvest Moon
Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC)
Golden Sun

I can't think of any more, but those are the games (probably in correct order too).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Mario Kart Double Dash, thats was quite sometime ago[/quote]

Bought Mario Kart Double Dash along with the Gamecube Console at full price. What a dumb I was.

Driv3r (and I did enjoy it, strangely enough. How? By playing free ride, and ONLY free ride. Then using Action Replay and downloading a save that had 100%, then played in the new city in free ride. Never once did a mission), followed by Fable, and one copy of Halo 2 LE.. then another for my cousin using trades.

[quote name='basketkase543']Burnout 3 for ps2. I couldn't wait for that game...then one week later there was a deal on CAG for it for about $30. D'oh![/quote]

No, it turned out that playstaton.com didn't honor that price for anybody. So, you didn't miss out on any savings.
:(

I guessing the people who have paid full price for new releases don't have a fry's located near them. Fry usually have new releases for 15% off retail the first week of release. Also with ebay I really don't understand why anyone would pay full price unless it was a 19.99 game.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I guessing the people who have paid full price for new releases don't have a fry's located near them. Fry usually have new releases for 15% off retail the first week of release. [/quote]

Hah, I wish. My local Fry's in Las Vegas caters to wealthy tourists and foreigners. Almost nothing goes on immediate sale there. :x Except the $30K ganormous plasma screen that is on sale for $20K, wow, what a crappy deal!

My last semi-full price game I bought was Rise to Honor GH version for $20. My last true full price game I bought was Transformers for the ps2 when it first came out earlier this year. And the only reason I paid that much for it was because it was a gift for my spouse. I've become a real gaming cheap ass lately.

In 23 years of buying computer and video games I've paid introductory SRP approximately a dozen times. The last one was Zelda:WW but that is mitigated by the pre-order bonus of the remakes of the N64 Zelda titles, including one never previously released in the US.

For a full price purchase that didn't include such bonuses I'd have to go back to the SNES era. During a time when I was in a long-running intensely bad mood and didn't care what debts I incurred I bought several RPGs like FFIII and Breath of Fire at full SRP.

Recently? NBA Ballers.

But, I may break down and get that RE 4 collector's edition from GS for 60 though...

I'm with dnt_h8me2, Ninja Gaiden! After I read IGN's review of it and saw all the screenshots, I rushed down to EB and managed to get it with the wall scroll. Even though the game is about as short as Fable, the updates, tournaments on XBL, and its gameplay make it one of my favorite games in recent years.

preorder everquest II and then i saw the video of the pet baby dragon and broke down and upgraded to the collectors edition... which i i know is not cheap ass, but i love dragons... i've got a baby one tatooed on my back ;)

Culcept [cash]
Disgaea [cash]
Champions of Norrath [cash]
R&C 1 and 2 as GH with BB GGC coupon
Karaoke Revolution [free gift card]
Katamari Damacy[trade credit]
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne [trade credit]
Probably Growlanser Generations deluxe, or GG regular and Hot Shots Golf Fore, but those willbe with trade credit.

Do $20 games count? I don't really consider that full price even though I guess it is. Katamari Damacy for me then.

[quote name='Trakan']Do $20 games count? I don't really consider that full price even though I guess it is. Katamari Damacy for me then.[/quote]

Yes, any game you purchased for retail price.

bread's done
Back