What was the last game you paid full price for?

with giftcard: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness from Gamestop
cash out of pocket: Assassin's Creed.
unforgivable: My friend pressuring me into buying Halo 3 at midnight at a gamestop AND THEN making meget a Live account i hardly use (and when i did get it, he moved on to CoD4, as did the rest of my friends list.)

I think it might have been Persona 3 ($50) or Uncharted ($57). Good thing about the stores in Chinatown (NY) is they don't charge tax when you pay cash.

It would have to be Persona 3. Being an Atlus game, it is not such a big deal I guess. Everywhere else around here had sold out long ago, but the place I stumbled upon had four copies - crazy stuff. This was over a month ago, so they are probably long gone by now. I feel lucky to have found one though.

[quote name='Hostile']Anyone else lucky enough to have such a huge backlog of games to play that there's no need usually to pay MSRP?[/quote]

Massive backlog here but I can't seem to stop buying shit.

I think I need an intervention. :grouphug:

I get new games on release day, but even then I rarely pay 'full' price. I will usually get a coupon or employee discount or something. Plus alot of the full price games I get are $15 ps2 games.

The most Ive paid for new games recently is about $52 for new 360 games.

odin sphere, though i'm really kicking myself for not picking up persona 3 instead. don't get me wrong, i love odin sphere. it's just that it's still available at the local stores for 10 dollars cheaper, whereas P3 is now an ebay endeavor for like...30 or 40 bucks over retail.

also i know this has nothing to do with the post topic, but the time i picked up odin sphere i also got yakuza new on BB clearance for 7 bucks. i think playing that game felt sweeter than odin sphere.

I have to retract my post about purchasing DJ Max Portable for full price. I went through my records and found that I paid less than 40 for it. ^__^

So...the last game that I paid full price for was...does a 60gb PS3 count if it came with a free game? If not, then...Yugioh for GBA back in 2002, I think.

I'm surprised no one said Mana Khemia Alchemists of Al-Revis Limited Edition. Since they are already charge you for it before it's release, it should count.

Mana Khemia™ Limited Edition Scholarship Box Set & Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut Premium Box. Though I don't know if ToD counts now that the price has been upped since I had originally pre-ordered it.

Before that, technically Super Mario Galaxy but recieved the $25 gift card at the same time and used it on my next purchase. If that doesn't count then probably Persona 3 since I was really looking forward to it.

My next will be Brawl since I really don't like the Circuit City's around here. I'm too hyped for it to wait to get it at a discount considering how much I played the first two.

GTA: Vice City. Finished it in three weeks and was able to trade it online for some great games (back then the GTA franchise was still very hot and ppl hadn't gotten used to the idea that there would be 10 billion copies floating around in 3 months. People were actually offering two games (a newer and an older) for GTA:VC)

I just bought three full-priced games this week. I've become very lazy lately. I used a giftcard for one of them, but whatever.

bread's done
Back