What was the last game you payed full price for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madden 2004
I will forever most likely be paying full price as I always have to own it the day it comes out. Although I did manage to pick it up at CC this year with a free $10 giftcard making it 39.99 so there was a little savings.

Maximo vs the Army of Zin.
I made a promise to one of the lead developers on the game that I'd buy a copy of his game as soon as it hit the shelf.

I don't regret it for a minute.

Diablo II about a month after it came out. Before that, TMNT 2 for the nes, and the last/first was Dragon Warrior. I regret nothing!!!

Wind Waker, which is in fact the only game I have ever preordered, and only becuase of the $15 bonus disc and $5 strategy guide. Otherwise I rarely pay over $20 for a game.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Unfortunately, GTA Double Pack for Xbox.[/quote]

Man, me too, I did it the week before Target had it on sale, but my reciept went through the washing machine.

Mine is NFS:underground. I don't regret it either, mainly because I'm selling it to one of my friends for 30 now. Thats 20 bucks for an excellent game. Wow Dr.Mario, you really are a true cheapass, and I praise you for that.

Well if you count trade-in value, Socom II and Ratchet and Clank II. Otherwise, it was The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

I cant remember exactly but I think it was Arc the Lad for PS2, for 35 dollars at the "local shop" but it could have neen used...if so then it would have been Space Channel 5 for 19.99 at Gamestop.

I cant remember, but i payed full price for the gameboy player for gc, and will pay full price for mario+luigi. i used trade ins for store credit, so i guess im still a cheap ass.

I believe it was Mario Kart: Double Dash, though it came with a $10 Gamestop gift card. I also bought Prince of Persia (GC) and Ratchet and Clank 2 for full price, but that was with the whole trade in any non-sport game for $10 credit deal at EB.

[quote name='weimerwanger']disgaea; I'm guessing I'll get my money's worth back if i want to sell it in 5 years[/quote]

This is a very good call. I've been pondering if i should get this as well, as I don't see a pricedrop ever coming for this game. :(

FFX-2, and I bought the guide with it so it was pretty pricey. I do feel it was well worth it considering how many hours I've put into this game!

hmm the last game i payed full price for was nba jam for $70 on the snes...well my parents payed for it acutally...dam i guess i really am a cheapass...everything ive bought since then has either been marked down or had some kind of deal [like 2 for 1 or 3 for 2]

SOCOM 1 shortly after it came out. Lucky for me, when SOCOM 2 hit the stores, I had a friend working at a gamestop.... employee discount.

TODAY. Sonic Heroes for the XBox. Why ? Because I love Sonic and the music rocks. They deserve my dollar. :D Do I regret it? Don't know, haven't played it yet! Haha! Before that it was SSX3 which I am still playing. Cool purchase.

Enter The Matrix.

Man...that REALLY pissed me off. Its like buyng a $50 dvd that you have to play really long crappy mini games to get to 5 minutes of cool footage.
Actually, that sounds like most Square games... (J/K!!! i like square)

DBZ Budokai 2. But thats because I had a gift certificate that was going to expire and I needed to buy something.

[quote name='SIUfan']Modern Warfare 3, which is the worst of the MW series.[/QUOTE]

Holy balls, what grave digging post, but an interesting thread none the less.

I think Halo Reach was the last one I paid full retail for.

[quote name='tgk2044']Holy balls, what grave digging post, but an interesting thread none the less.

I think Halo Reach was the last one I paid full retail for.[/QUOTE]
Well...it IS Halloween.:lol:

ZOE HD Collection LE. Before that, it was DMC HD Collection.

If we don't count trade in credit, Halo 4. Otherwise, it was Akai Katana. Seems like shmups either always drop in price or raise in price. And I always guess wrong.

Holy thread resurrection batman!

Anyway, last game I paid full release date price for was ME3 CE in March, $80 down the drain. Last one before that I think was GTA 4, which I bought with my 360 in 2008 :D

So we're going with this?

Dark Souls. Don't regret a thing. Before that it was probably before the 360/PS3 era.

Next will be Halo 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back