What was your favorite system?

This has been done to death but my favorite system ever is probably the Gamecube - barely over the SNES. Dreamcast and PS2 are up there too. I love them all though.

256 bits:
1. My PC with Geforce 7800
2. My PC with Geforce4 ti 4200 8x (overclocked to ti4800+)

128 bits (nobody talks about bits bots anymore these days, but my point here to make myself clearer):
1. Ps2
2. Xbox
3. gamecube
I used to have all of em, until my ps2 broke 3 years ago.

64 Bits era:
1. N64
2. My PC (the old dual-Voodoo2 cards was 64 bits)

32 Bits era:
1. Ps (SCPH 1001)
2. V-Saturn (My saturn had different color and a "V" infront of the saturn's word)
3. 3DO. (Used to play a lot of "FMV games" - it was cool then, friends were amazed by its "graphics". They said "wow it's like real people" BWAHAHAHA.
4. 32X (only had 4 games for it, 2 32x games and 2 32xcd. I was the only kid who has 32x in my neigborhood)

16 Bits era:
1. genesis (I think genesis' graphic is superior than that of SNES minus the rotational, mode7, scaling effects ) (compare genesis' thunder force 3 to SNES' Thunder spirits = same game, different name).
2. SNES (Had tons of RPGs for it, plenty of import games, and plenty of bootlegs). Used to have ALMA 42mbits and DOctor7 32Mbit to backup games. )
3. Sega CD (cool looking machine, Graphic is enhanced with SNES-like graphical effects. slow loading really kills anyway = loading was the same with 3d0)

8 bits era:
1. Nes (twinbee and B-wings , SMB3, Heavy barrel, Contra, super C, Zoids were all time favorite). I used to play import RPG even though I had no idea what the games' stories were all about)

Didnt' care about: Dreamcast, Neogeo, gameboy, tamagotchi, turbo grafx, atari

I'd say a very close tie between SNES and DC. SNES squeeks it out for me because I was the perfect age for gaming when it came out. Also, I got the DC very late in its life so I got sloppy seconds.

My Favorite System: The search button on this site that will let you know how many times this exact topic has been repeated over and over.

1. Xbox
2. Dreamcast
3. Genesis
4. SNES
5. Intellivision

The 16 bit era remains the best gaming era to date. It was the last time you had a clear and distinct "look" for games on competing systems and each machine had clear categories they were stronger in. Genesis was unquestionably the best sports machine and the SNES did arcade ports, RPG's and platformers better.

1. Dreamcast
2. Genesis
3. Colecovision
4. NES, PS, Gamecube
5. PS2 (tie)

SNES is missing only because I couldn't afford one in college after I bought the Genny

1 PC 2 SNES

Really anyone who was there back in the day it has to be SNES. So many good games. More then any other system. PC is there because it got me into gaming the the Sierra games. King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Space Quest, etc

Of the consoles Snes had the most 10/10 perfect games back in its time. PS's have a lot of good games but no where near as many 9 or 10 out of ten perfect games.

PS2 is first for me, only because I never had a PS1, so the PS1 games made the system especially awesome.

Then the SNES.

1.) Xbox
2.) Dreamcast
3.) SNES
4.) NES
5.) Sega Genesis
6.) Gameboy / Gameboy Color
7.) GameCube
8.) Atari 2600

Something like that, maybe.

Least favorite:

1.) PlayStation
2.) PlayStation 2

My current fav is the Nintendo DS.

My all-time favs

#1 Dreamcast

#2 Saturn

#3 Tie between Vectrex/Colecovision

My least favs

PS1/PS2, Intellivision

For me:

1. NES
2. Atari 2600
3. Xbox
4. PS1
**large gap**
5. SNES (Didn't end up getting too many games for this one for some reason.)
6. N64

Just got a PS2 on Saturday, so I'm not gonna put it in the rankings. I have a feeling it would slide in as a new #4, although since it is shiny and new right now I'd probably be tempted to make it #3. Consoles after the NES really won't hold the same sentimental value with me so I don't see anything taking over #1 or #2.

I own a bunch of other systems, but I'm not ranking those I picked up after the system 'died'. (Such as Saturn, DC, Jaguar, etc etc.)

Dreamcast

Still to this day better than my PS2, in my eyes anyway. The system that yet again proved, the system with the most fanatic fanboys wins. True, the PS2 has *more* games than any other system, but if over half are so so, what good does that do?

I've had a DC, PS2, XBox, and GC either at or around launch (within a few months), and it was really the first console I actually had to choose which games I wanted.
For the PS2, I wanted SSX, kinda wanted Fantavision, and Dynasty Warriors.
For XBox, Jet Grind Radio Future made me break down at get it, Halo was just ok.
GC I wanted Star Wars and Monkey Ball for the woman.

When DC launched, I walked out with Sonic, Blitz, Soul Calibur, MK Gold, and went back the next week for Hydro Thunder and Ready to Rumble. I wasn't done, but ran out of cash. Couldn't wait for Marvel vs Capcom. I don't think I've ever had more fun with any other console. Not even in the 8 and 16 bit era. The 2600 is actually probably a close second.

1. Xbox
2. Gameboy Advance sp
3. SNES
4. Nintendo DS & PSP - tie.
5. Gamecube
6. NES
7. Sony Playstation
8. Gameboy Pocket
9. Playstation 2
10. N64

[quote name='Autumn Star']
Im just wondering why DC did so poor but yet its on everyones top 5!!![/QUOTE]

Its because systems that do badly grow a large fanbase. It happened with Neo Geo, it happened with Sega (most of their systems actually), and now its happening to the Gamecube (although it didnt do as poorly as the others mentioned).

hard call for me.
I guess this would be my Top 10

SNES
GameBoy (all)
DreamCast
GameCube
PC
Xbox
NES
Genesis (w/ CD)
N64
PS2 / PSOne