What will be brought to us in the next gen of video games?

Phelmo

CAGiversary!
I was just wondering what you guys think will be new with the next gen video games? I think that 3D but I'm not sure what else.. Maybe games will include a system that allows you to smell your surroundings?

Games chopped up into bits and sold to us like DLC, or games that come with a license key to kill the pre-owned market.

I don't think 3d is going to do much till they eliminate the stupid specs. But I think they already have TV that don't need the specs, so it may take off.

I see you're from Devon OP, send me a pastie and some clotted cream kthnx.

Shiner graphics, but lesser improvement than in past generations. Only so much shiner/realistic you can make 3D graphics from where they are now.

Probably a lot of motion controls (which would keep me from buying a console, if motion controls are shoe horned into most games).

More DLC free in new games and more download only games to cut down on used game sales.

I just want better game design. You don't need fancy new peripherals or virtual reality when there's still so much creative potential with what we have right now.

I think the next gen consoles and their capabilities are going to be just as important as the next gen games..

[quote name='benjamouth']I see you're from Devon OP, send me a pastie and some clotted cream kthnx.[/QUOTE]

Gonna have them both mixed together?

[quote name='Phelmo']Maybe games will include a system that allows you to smell your surroundings?[/QUOTE]

That technology won't exist until they invent the Smell-a-vision. :whee:

I'm really hoping 3D is not the future of gaming. If it is, I'm just gonna stop buying new consoles and stuff and work on my backlog. My backlog is big enough to be entertained for years anyways. It actually might help my bank account alot if 3D ends up being the future of gaming haha.

I mean probably an overall improvement on the graphics. I think we still have a ways to go in this gen so it's hard to imagine what's next. Everyone is JUST jumping on the WII wagon with Kinect/Move. I say you sir have a good question.

MS will ad blue ray, drop backwards compatibility from the 360. You know how you have to pay to transfer your rock band 2 songs to RB3? I bet MS will charge to transfer your XBLA games to the new machine. I also think they'll play up the social networking aspect of live, copying facebook and trying to get some of that Zynga browser game cash.

What would I like? A partnership with a pizza place so I can order a pie with my saved credit card while in game and have it delivered right to me.

The paying for things sucks.. But the social networking thing would be pretty cool (achievements posted on FB and twitter etc..).

As for the pizza thing.. being able to order food on the marketplace via the home button would quite possibly be the coolest thing ever.. What they should also do is make it so you can fill the controller with a drink that is drinkable through a straw in the mic!

I do think that the new gen of consoles will have backwards compatibility though.. I will be quite pissed off if I can't play any of my 360 games on a new system, in my opinion they should even make it so that you can play the 360 games on-line via the new system.

I would like to see more options for custom in game music. If you ever used life w/ playstation, the PS3 will select songs based on what mood you select. I'd like to see that in games, where based on the mood of the event the system will select the song for you. Basically, the console is using your personal music to "DJ" your menus or certain parts of your game.

I'd be a happy panda if the overall quality of graphics remained as they are now, but all developers were forced to produce games at 1080p/60.

bread's done
Back