What would you do?

stevez0r

CAGiversary!
As of now I own a 360, PSP and will get Wii (hopefully). However, I was thinking of getting the new PSTwo (Silver) and getting games for it. But now I see that PSP will have games that PSTwo have already (EG: Ace Combat, GUN, Warriors). Is there much difference between the PSTwo and PSP games? So I'm asking what would you guys and gals do? I know some may say get both, but honestly how much gaming can one person can do?

Some of the PSP games end up being pretty close to their console counterparts but you may want to check out reviews because some of them end up being horrible due to controls or game issues. I'm currently playing X-Men Legends II on my PSP which is pretty good and even has some extras. Truth be told though a PSTWO at $130 is a steal and you would be able to find a lot of good games to play on the cheap. I'm not sure if you want a PS3 but it will be backwards compatible so that is something else to keep in mind. As for how much gaming can one do...like I'm sure most people here would agree...you may not have the time but you'll buy it anyway.

Tough question. Do you do more gaming on the go or at home? There aren't any games out for the PSP that aren't out for the PS2 or coming out soon. I'd say pick up a slim PS2 if you find a good deal somewhere this holiday season. I have a feeling Sony will still push PS2s on people that can't afford the PS3. Costco is another place that usually has good deals on consoles. You might want to check there when the silver PS2 comes out.

[quote name='stevez0r']As of now I own a 360, PSP and will get Wii (hopefully). However, I was thinking of getting the new PSTwo (Silver) and getting games for it. But now I see that PSP will have games that PSTwo have already (EG: Ace Combat, GUN, Warriors). Is there much difference between the PSTwo and PSP games? So I'm asking what would you guys and gals do? I know some may say get both, but honestly how much gaming can one person can do?[/QUOTE]

Tell us what kinds of games you plan on getting. Some (Godfather and Scarface come to mind) are way off from their console counterparts, from all reviews I've read. Some are (Gun, for instance) supposed to be just like their PS2 counterparts, if not slightly enhanced.

In my experience, load times are a factor for me. I played WWE Smackdown vs Raw on PSP, and almost through the motherfucking PSP at a wall because the load times were worse than sega CD titles. I've read others (Midnight Club 3) are awful also.

In the end, depends on what you want to play. If you're choosing between a PSP/PS2 title of the same kind, check out what reviews have to say about differences. In the end, if you come across a PS2 game you just *have* to play, pick one up. In the meantime, stick with your PSP until you find it necessary to buy a PS2. They'll only get cheaper.

jkam: I would love to get a PS3, but the price range is to much. Hopefully Sony will continue to push the PS2 for another couple years.

depascal22: One reason I brought the PSP is to game on the subway, but I can count on one hand how many times I did so. Mostly I'm either studying for some class or listening to my iPod.

mykevermin: I mostly playing games like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, and Sports games. But I'm getting to like games like Assassin's Creed.

I didn't think about comparing the review. Think I'll do that get the slim PSTwo and if I'm interested in a game I'll compare the review and see which one is better.

I'd imagine most games will be better for the PS2 because of the dual analog controller and the slightly better graphics.

I love my PSP but I play mostly Lumines, Exit, and Tekken. I love the fact that instead of just porting Tekken 5.0 they put Dark Resurrection on it to make it sweeter.

the....#1.... problem with .....ports of PS2..... games on the ....... psp.... is the.... ridiculous.....amounts of......loa----ding... that you.....have to.....en------dure....

bread's done
Back