What X360 games should we be looking forward to in 2009?

Droenixjpn

CAGiversary!
Now that 2008 is nearly over, the big question remains: What big title games will be coming out next year?

I'm personally hoping for Final Fantasy 13, and that's all I really can say.
Possibly some big time RPGs, and some just fun to play games.

What are all of you CAG Members hoping for, for 2009?

[quote name='rodeojones903']Killzone 2
Street Fighter 4
Star Ocean
FF13
DQ9
RE5
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
and hopefully Yakuza 3[/quote]
How many of those titles are for 360? :cry:
Oh yeah and I am Alive seems pretty interesting. Judging from the lack of footage being put out, I'm guessing late 2009. Please don't screw this up Darkworks...

I wonder if the God of War series will become a 360 super power? I bet the company will turn it over to Microsoft, let's just hope. I wouldn't mind play God of War, lol.

I do hope Microsoft plays their cards right next year, I mean they had one successful year this year, let's hope next year is even more successful.

With Microsoft having Final Fantasy 13 in their hands they have achieved something amazing, they have obtained a super power franchise which belonged to their rivals. Nintendo once owned it, then Sony. I know Sony will be getting the game to along with Versus, but at least the 360 got some love from Square.

I can't wait for next year's E3, I'm hoping they will present us with some excellent games, and hopefully successful new game series.

Resident Evil 5 will most likely get me buying it, since I liked Resident Evil 4, but I didn't even really play it though.

Next Year is a new year, and let's hope Microsoft doesn't screw it up.

Alan Wake
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty 6
Street Fighter 4
Alan Wake
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
FEAR 2
Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost & Damned DLC
Halo Wars
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (probably not everybody's cup of tea)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Alpha Protocol
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Fight Night Round 4
Dante's Inferno
The Witcher
Halo 3 expansion

There's probably more, but that's a pretty good start. FF13 won't make it here next year, only in japan. Also, this is only 360. There's plenty more on other systems.

Darksiders
Star Ocean IV
Halo ODST
Batman Arkham Asylum
Uncharted 2
Killzone 2
Final Fantasy 13 (hey, i can dream right?)
Street Fighter IV
God of War 3
...um...that's all I can think of now

I can't think of more than one exclusive title for the 360 to look forward to. The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai is the only one I can think of.

[quote name='JJSP']Really, why are we looking forward to PS3 titles in the 360 section?[/quote]

A mix of seeing this in the front page and not seeing the 'Microsoft Gaming' and 'Xbox 360' at the top.

Well, let's see...

Prototype
- Superpowered fun.

Alpha Protocol
-A spy RPG? Yes, please.

Bayonetta
-It's like Devil May Cry, but sexier and with hair.

- Sure. Why not?

Street Fighter 4
- Arcade stick required.

FEAR 2
- Fear is fun.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- I'm still going to call it Call of Duty 6.

Alan Wake - If it's actually being released
Call of Duty 6
Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost & Damned
Halo Wars
Halo 3 ODST

Can't think of anymore.

If their planned schedule is still the same as they said when they released the first game, we should be also seeing Mass Effect 2 by the end of the year.

Other than that, Alpha Protocol, Riddick, Alan Wake, Street Fighter 4, KoF12, Ghostbusters, Arkham Asylum, Brutal Legend and Resident Evil 5. Plus, anything else that looks interesting that I don't know about

Right now my list is small but thats because I'm putting aside some of my money for a PS3 if it drops to $300, and I still have the DS and Wii to buy for.

Feb: Street Fighter IV Collectors Edition
March: Even more expensive RE5 collectors edition
Ninja Blade (but Zew says it sucks so we'll see about this one)
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Bioshock 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
About 10 XBLA game as usual.

Halo ODST looks like a XMas gift request rather then an actual purchase from me right now.

I don't believe I will be buying Halo 3: ODST, it's just really an expansion, but how much will it cost?

I can't wait for E3 woohoo!

I think the 360 needs another game from Bethesda (highly doubt that will happen by next year).

sKATE 2
F.E.A.R 2
Halo Wars
Resident Evil 5
Ghostbusters
Alan Wake
Bayonetta
Blood Bowl
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Champions Online
Dead Island
Fight Night Round 4
Formula 1 2009
Halo 3:ODST
Halo Chronicles
I am Alive
Mass Effect 2
RACE Pro
Splatter House

overall a promising 2009 in my opinion

I'm looking forward to:

Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warefare 2
FEAR 2
Halo Wars
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Mass Effect 2
Halo ODST

RE5
FEAR 2
Halo ODST

If they come out: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Call of Duty 6 (imagine this one is a sure thing).

Sure there will be a few more that come up that interest me down the road. But I have plenty of 2008 fall games to catch up on next year anyway.

At this point 2009 is looking rather disapointing. Esspecialy compared to the back to back years of awesomeness that were '07 and '08. We've been spoiled.

Prototype
Batman Arkham Asylum (I'm a marvel fan but I can't get enough of batman)
Champions Online
Street Fighter 4
FFXIII
Bionic Commando

Last edited by a moderator:
ASSASSIN'S CREED 2?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Yeah sorry, I just liked the first one, but let's hope they make this one a lot more funner. Maybe a future assassin or something.

I'm keeping my list 360 focused:

Want:
Street Fighter IV: Limited Edition
Resident Evil 5: Game of the Year Edition (they should just put that on the box now and save some money on the re-printing)
Halo: ODST
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Halo Wars
The Witcher
Beyonetta
Peggle

Interested:
Prototype
Star Ocean
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Alan Wake

If they make '09:
Assassin's Creed 2
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasty XIII
Splinter Cell Conviction
Saboteur

Street Fighter IV: Limited Edition
Ghostbusters
Batman Arkham Asylum

Are the only 3 that I'll pay close to retail for next year that are on the radar.

There are a few PSN titles that I want to pick up like Flower, Fat Princess, and that Punisher game.

Outside of those all other games this coming year will be purchased near the end of it during various sales and such, unless something outright amazing shows up.

Aliens: Colonial Marines (although I think I read somewhere it may have been canceled)
Bayonetta
Batman: Arkham Asylum
OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Street Fighter IV

There are some titles for other consoles I'm quasi-excited about, but I'm glad 2009 is a bit lacking at the moment (gotta whittle that backlog down).

Ah yes, Champions Online. I forgot to mention it. I like how we'll be able to design our nemesis (I have many, bearded ideas).

Resident Evil 5
Ghostbusters
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Operation Flashpoint 2
SplatterHouse
Doom 4 (2009?)
Duke Nukem Forever (2009?)

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']At this point 2009 is looking rather disapointing. Esspecialy compared to the back to back years of awesomeness that were '07 and '08. We've been spoiled.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we will see more games announced by E3 that get released later this year. Let's not forget the games that fly under the radar that end up being decent. I for one am glad 2009 isn't looking to be a wallet raping experience because there are still plenty of games from 08 and even 07 that I have to purchase - plus if you own multiple systems there are opportunities elsewhere to.

I have to get games from this year and last year as well. I missed out on some pretty good games. I missed out on Fallout 3, although I do hope I can get my christmas money from my aunt and uncle.

[quote name='cmart05']
Blood Bowl
Champions Online
[/QUOTE]

Forgot all about these two games. I hope they do the Blood Bowl series pround, I've spent quite a bit of time playing the tabletop game and read the books. Champions Online will be interesting to watch unfold

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys you have it all wrong. FF13 doesn't even have a release date in the US. Also what about AC2 and Bioshock 2 you don't know about them? Pretty disappointing for enthusiasts here

Definitely looking forward to Skate 2. That's about it though.

I'm kind of glad that not too many games are coming out (or at least haven't been announced). Gives me a chance to work on my huge backlog.

bread's done
Back