Whatever happened to the new game from the ICO developers?

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Wasn;t there a new game called something like 'colossus' or 'colossal'....

Anyone have any clue what i'm talking about? It looked really interesting, and I hope it wasn't shelved....

Any help?!?

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']IGN called it their runner-up for PS2 Game of E3 (After Okami). I would have to agree on both accounts.[/QUOTE]
It certainly looks beautiful. I am excited by the seemingly huge scale of the world in which the game is set. I hope the gameplay is on par with the visuals...

I expect great things from this game...

But it migth be over shadow by all the geat games coming this fall... & XBOX 360...

this might turn into a sleeper hit like the last 1...

If it's even close to what I expect I can imagine it being the golden child of the PS2. ICO was amazing and beautiful and SotC just seems to improve on the best parts of ICO. I can't imagine how it will go wrong.

It'll be downsized by the masses of players who had no idea what the hell it was, just like what happened with ICO.

I preordered it too.

But it migth be over shadow by all the geat games coming this fall... & XBOX 360...

I was talking about it with some friends-- if they marketed it against the next Zelda, they could probably move a few copies.

after beating ICO last night I am definitly picking this game up... I just hope it plays out a little longer than ICO did. Hope this game is on a DVD disc... that way I will know it's going to look/be better than ICO.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']after beating ICO last night I am definitly picking this game up... I just hope it plays out a little longer than ICO did. Hope this game is on a DVD disc... that way I will know it's going to look/be better than ICO.[/QUOTE]

It's gotta be, it's shaping up to be the most lush and beautiful game ever made.

What I know it isn't a sequel to Ico (I regret selling it). The point is to kill bosses (temple guardians). Each boss has a weak point at a particular spot and the point is to kill them. Also, you get to ride a horse. I hope it has more dialogue than Ico.

[quote name='ericx']What I know it isn't a sequel to Ico (I regret selling it). The point is to kill bosses (temple guardians). Each boss has a weak point at a particular spot and the point is to kill them. Also, you get to ride a horse. I hope it has more dialogue than Ico.[/QUOTE]

Unless the horse can talk, I would doubt that it will have more dialogue. In fact, I expect there will be less.

[quote name='ericx']What I know it isn't a sequel to Ico (I regret selling it). The point is to kill bosses (temple guardians). Each boss has a weak point at a particular spot and the point is to kill them. Also, you get to ride a horse. I hope it has more dialogue than Ico.[/QUOTE]

IMO part of the draw of ICO was that it didn't use a lot of dialog & cut scenes to tell the story, but rather used the environment itself with sparse cut scense to set up the mood. Originally, the developers had planned to let you play back through the game after beating it & have the "Yorda-speak" translated to English, but they scrapped this idea. I think it was a smart move. The game's atmosphere was partially driven by you being in the main character's shoes: you didn't fully understand who this girl was or why these creatures were after her, but you felt like it was your duty to protect her.

Great, now I'm gonna have to play it again tomorrow. :p

There's a great preview in Play Magazine this month, and yeah, they say there's almost no dialogue. it's done that way on purpose.

bread's done
Back