What's a good price range for an NES/SNES Mini?

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I'm fairly new here and could be missing a painfully obvious thread/link with some good info, so don't kill me if I am.

I've been getting back into older-gen games/consoles after having my fill of 360/PS3-era goods. Problem is that I never owned an NES of my own, and my SNES has been in questionable condition for years - the power adapter outlet is missing a piece that keeps the connector from the adapter in place (meaning I have to keep the cord in just the right angle if I want the console to power on), and the outer shell has suffered that oh-so-lovely yellowing effect almost all of 'em fell prey to.

Tried repainting the SNES black with Krylon Fusion, but I slightly botched it in a few areas - I'm no expert with paints and didn't realize it would eat through the plastic if I tried wiping off parts of it (I did a mediocre job on a small bit and tried wiping it off gently, even). It's not horrible, according to a few people (I'll try posting pics of it for your opinion), but I'm extremely picky with my consoles and want them to be in as good condition as possible.

EDIT: Pics:

#1: Notice where the plastic was eaten away above the Nintendo logo. There's also some to the bottom left of the power switch. Another big problem to me was the fact that the eject switch had some paint that pooled on the bottom of it (was too afraid to mess with it for fear of more plastic-eating goodness), along with the Super Nintendo sticker/faceplate not painting well.

2e16k3c.png

#2: Mostly pleased with how the bottom turned out - especially surprised I did well enough with the sticker on the bottom. Angry at someone for trying to 'assist' me with removing the security screws while I was away at class and warping the middle-right screw hole.

2uy3uy0.png

#3: The back plate was the only part I was too afraid to try to paint, as it was connected to the motherboard fairly solidly (I managed to paint the controller ports without too much trouble, however). If you look closely, you can see where the adapter connector is missing. Kinda sad that I failed at painting around the repair call sticker and had to cover it all up.

2my7yh2.png

#4: Okay, so a little bit of paint seeped into the controller ports and made them not so perfect. Still, it's unnoticeable when there's a controller plugged in.

9hsvv6.png

So now that I'm done with my unnecessary rambling, I wanted to know what I should expect to pay for these older consoles. I recently found a $45 Mini SNES (it's legitimate) at a local Buybacks for $45, but I've noticed that they tend to overprice everything that's retro a fair bit ($1000 for an NES? No thanks!). As for an NES, well... I haven't found any for less than $60, and those were only at local flea markets.

The thing is, I don't use eBay any longer after having to deal with losing $150+ with a buyer dispute that was completely unfair (I shipped them my old laptop, they claimed it was broken and eBay forced me to take back a broken one that wasn't mine), so that avenue is closed to me. I'm not expecting an easy source to find 'em, just a good idea of what I should settle for if I find another lying around next time I go peek my head in at a local shop.

Thanks for any help, guys! And don't hate me too much for my ramblings.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back