What's a GOOD racer game EXCLUSIVE to the PS2?!??!

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Ok so im at EB/GS today and looking around at some racers for the PS2..I find a few and I see one called Enthusia and check out graphics and I was like wow, looks realistic enough...but decided to hold off til i read a review or two before picking it up. Anyways I saw some others including GT4 and just wondering which racer game for the PS2 really shows the power of the PS2...like the graphics and so on and is fun to play. My favorite racer was Metropolis Street Racer for the dreamcast because of the graphics and espically the music. Is there a racer game with great graphics and good soundtrack to it?

Please list only exclusive PS2 games, if its a game like Need for Speed type games that have a PC port on it, then don't mention it as I know NFSU 1 and 2 plus NFSMW is for the PC which I can get at anytime.

Thanks

Gran Turismo is ok, but I typically have more fun just driving fast in my own car than driving in Gran Turismo. There's something about Gran Turismo that just doesn't pique my interest totally (which is odd, since I'm a gearhead). As much customization as the game offers, I find much of it to be irrelevent since it seems to be much more efficient to drive really fast, and use the walls as guides than to try and brake and go slowly around the corners.

Other than that, you seem to have the ATV games.

Kinetica is supposedly pretty good, I own it but have never gotten around to playing it. Jak X combat racing is supposedly decent, but I didn't really like the demo.

Oh, I actually thought of some.

Shox, Rumble Racing for super-fun arcade action, and WRC for some really hard-core simulation.

Also, if were not confined to asphault-bound racing, there's Splashdown.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Kinetica is supposedly pretty good, I own it but have never gotten around to playing it. Jak X combat racing is supposedly decent, but I didn't really like the demo.[/QUOTE]

*Kinetica*
period.
if you don't buy GT4.

Its so fun... sort of like Wipout only you do tricks to earn boost. Its an amazing game...

In addition to the GT games, there is Jak X, Splashdown Rides Gone Wild, Rumble Racing, Smuggler's Run, Smuggler's Run 2, Downhill Racing, and Ridge Racer V.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']In addition to the GT games, there is Jak X, Splashdown Rides Gone Wild, Rumble Racing, Smuggler's Run, Smuggler's Run 2, Downhill Racing, and Ridge Racer V.[/QUOTE]
Smugglers run had a version for the gamecube

[quote name='guardian_owl']Smugglers run had a version for the gamecube[/QUOTE]
I forgot that there was an enhanced version of the second game on the gamecube. The first version is exclusive, though.

[quote name='sying']Technically, Gran Turismo 1 and Gran Turismo 2 also, technically[/QUOTE]

Yes also good games. Graphically it will look like crap compared to the new ones, but you can buy used cars, which is an awesome feature early on in the game.

So you know where I'm coming from, I hate realistic racing games. So very boring to me. That said, if you're going for graphics and power, GT4 or GT3 are the way to go. If you want vechicals that can blow each other up, Wipeout: Fusion.

[quote name='crystalklear64']So you know where I'm coming from, I hate realistic racing games. So very boring to me. That said, if you're going for graphics and power, GT4 or GT3 are the way to go. If you want vechicals that can blow each other up, Wipeout: Fusion.[/QUOTE]
Or Twisted Metal: Black :twisted:

If you enjoy simulations, Toca 2 hands down for the racing experience. Gran Turismo 4 if you are interested in driving everyday cars. Of course this is with the expensive Logitech wheel...

[quote name='Madskills1182']Just go with GT 3 or 4. Cant do better then them.[/QUOTE]

THere's plenty better. GT can become extremely banal. It can be fun, but I also think it's far too overhyped for its own good.

A few that haven't been mentioned:

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 is pretty awesome. It's the first one in the series to feature actual licensed vechicles instead of knockoffs, and there's a lot of highway to cruise and race on. It's pretty deep too. It shouldn't set you back more than $10-$12.

The ATV Offroad Fury series is pretty decent, and the first two are pretty easy to find on the cheap.

I've also heard good things about Road Trip and ChoroQ, but haven't tried either of them out (note that while there is a Road Trip for the Gamecube as well, it's different from the PS2 one).

bread's done
Back