what's a good wireless headset to complement the DSS?

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I have the dx11, which is an x11 with the DSS combined.

However, I'm not liking the wires. So long and a hassle. I wouldve gotten. The x41 if there weren't any complains about defects such as static and crackling (the hiss is understandable but crackling is serious!)

Now I'm looking for a good wireless headset to replace my x11. If I get the x31, then its basically an x41 with the DSS. And if the x41 has problems, I'm sure the x31 does too.

So, anyone know a good wireless headset to complement my DSS? I play the xbox 360, not PC

Ok I found out about the logitech G930. Unfortunately, its for PC only. However, is it possible to connect it to the DSS so I can use it with my 360?

There's also the F540 buts its just stereo..

[quote name='giantqtipz']Ok I found out about the logitech G930. Unfortunately, its for PC only. However, is it possible to connect it to the DSS so I can use it with my 360?

There's also the F540 buts its just stereo..[/QUOTE]

Well X11 is stereo; it's the DSS that makes it virtually surround sound. I got a pair of F540s after owning X11's because I couldn't stand the humming in the X11's either. The F540s are more comfortable and sound much better- you might want these. They are currently on sale for $100 at Best Buy right now.

[quote name='giantqtipz']ah thanks! but will the f540 work with the DSS?[/QUOTE]

Well I though the DSS had analog audio inputs but I was wrong. F540s don't come with a 3.5mm headphone cord, you would need to get one of those (for cheap) for it to work.

Your only other option is to buy a wireless PC headset, but then you wouldn't have voice chat.

edit: It's important to know that most wireless headsets have a box of some sort that is meant to transmit audio. I don't think the box included with the f540 would be able to transfer the audio upgraded by the DSS, but I would ask some tech support on their site.

[quote name='Squal']Well I though the DSS had analog audio inputs but I was wrong. F540s don't come with a 3.5mm headphone cord, you would need to get one of those (for cheap) for it to work.

Your only other option is to buy a wireless PC headset, but then you wouldn't have voice chat.

edit: It's important to know that most wireless headsets have a box of some sort that is meant to transmit audio. I don't think the box included with the f540 would be able to transfer the audio upgraded by the DSS, but I would ask some tech support on their site.[/QUOTE]

ah thanks again. i just looked into it and ordered an adapter so i can connect the headset to my DSS.

Ahh I got it to work with my dss! Thanks man :D! I posted the deal on the deals section and gave you credit. You're now more popular than before lol..

bread's done
Back