What's a quality brand of CD-RW?...

SEGA128DC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hmm, I really need to buy a pack of CD-RWs. I was going to buy a 5pk of Memorex CD-RWs, but I hear they're not reliable at all! So, what's a good quality brand of CD-RW?...

And I third them... I've used TDK, HP, Sony, Phillips, Imitation, Memorex, and Verbatim and out of all of those, Verbatim is the only one that has yet to give me a coaster disc.

I can vouch for the Memorex CD-RWs not being reliable. I got a 5 pack in slim cases and of those, 2 had been faulty after 2 or 3 rewrites.

Well, I guess that 25pk of 650MB (12X) Verbatim CD-RWs are worth getting for $18 shipped. Thanks for all the feedback...

Just curious, why CD-RW's versus CD-R's.

If you watch the ad's, you can keep yourself in name-brand 50 packs of CD-R's for well under $10/50pack.

Just burn onto them until they're full, then toss them if the contents become outdated. I just keep my outdated ones on an old 50pk spindle...instant archival system!

If you go with CD-RW's anyway, I also like verbatim.

I use TDK so far they have been keeping good. Never heard of this V disc thou.

I want to use DVD-R now seeing how all DVD-ROMS will read DVD-R. Also it cost less for storage.

[quote name='m6oo']Just curious, why CD-RW's versus CD-R's.

If you watch the ad's, you can keep yourself in name-brand 50 packs of CD-R's for well under $10/50pack.

Just burn onto them until they're full, then toss them if the contents become outdated. I just keep my outdated ones on an old 50pk spindle...instant archival system!

If you go with CD-RW's anyway, I also like verbatim.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, CD-Rs are so easy to find cheap. I just picked up 3x 50 pack cake boxes of Verbatims for $13 shipped after rebate. $13 for 150 CD-Rs!:)

bread's done
Back