Whats better: iPhone 3G or HTC Fuze

help1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
What I want in a phone is all the usual, plus video/music playback and web browsing. The thing that makes me lean towards the HTC is that it has a QWERTY keyboard and that typing on the iPhone gets dirty. What do you guys think?

See if you can try both of them out in store. Everybody is going to have a different opinion. The iphone is the "popular" choice, but popular doesn't always equal best. I've never tried the Iphone myself, since I refuse to pay for AT&T's overpriced service, but many people seem to like the music and web browsing experience on it. If you listen to music often, it might be the better choice, as many HTC phones, including the Fuze, will require a separate and slightly bulky dongle just to plug in headphones.

If you can deal with that, know that you'll have many applications and features available that you WON'T get on an iphone. Being a Windows Mobile phone, you'll be able to use Mobile office, which will allow you to type papers, edit excel spreadsheets, etc. There's also tons of programs available in every conceivable category you could imagine. Just know that unless you're willing to go the "shady" route, you'll have to pay for them.

The best thing to do is decide for yourself. They're very different phones, and chances are that if you go in store and play around with them, you'll definitely end up leaning in a certain direction.

Depends on how much you'd be using the keyboard and want to deal with Windows Mobile verses the iPhone OS and an on-screen keyboard. I have the Touch Pro, which is the Sprint version of the Fuze. It's a great device, with plenty of RAM, has a microSD slot for storage, and is pretty quick, with a great screen. The keyboard is a huge selling point for me, though it does take a little getting used to.

My main reason for getting the Touch Pro was for keeping up with my work email, which the Touch Pro/Fuze does great and the iPhone does in a poor manner, since it's Exchange email.

I am an iphone user, and I played with a fuze for 5 to ten minutes before getting my iphone 3g. I found that the screen was too small after having used an iphone, and the iphone keyboard isn't bad at all once you get used to using it (and auto-correct is a big help most of the time).

I would go with the iphone. The only thing I would have considered other than it is if HTC had brought the TOUCH HD stateside with Android (it has a 3.8" touchscreen).

Iphone with a screen protector or an XYLO Case would do the job if you're worried about dirt. Back before I had the case dirt really wasn't an issue, but then it isn't like I had barbecue sauce on my fingers while typing either.

Auto correct is a huge help on the iPhone. Believe me, I'm a PC guy through and through, but the iPhone is just perfect. The fit and finish is second to none. The reason I'm such a big fan of the iPhone and recommend it so highly is that with other phones, they race to release the product so fast that they overlook so many minor touches. Apple had years to perfect the flow and interface of the phone. I kicked around getting a Blackberry for the keyboard aspect, but I've never gave it a second thought after I got the iPhone. I'm just so freakin' happy with it. :whistle2:#

I'll never understand how the Iphone is incapable of receiving pic/video messages (anyone know why?). Boggles my mind. My sis has one and it's fun to play with, but not very practical for an average user. I sent her a pic message and she couldn't open it to enjoy it right then and there. I just need my phone to have good service and get pic/video texts. Verizon kills AT&T as far as reception, my friends with AT&T always lose reception when I still have full service. Also, the $30 data plan is a deal breaker. Unless you'd rather browse the net on a tiny cell screen than your PC or need to constantly check email because of work/business, it wouldn't get used nearly enough to justify the cost. If the Iphone goes to Verizon, doesn't require $30 data plan, and can accept pic/vid messages like every other phone out there then I'd consider one. Until then, I'll stick with my free phone that has better reception and can receive MMS messages.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']The iPhone is better but AT&T sucks. Wait until you can use it with other carriers.[/quote]

What he said. Att data and voice plans compared to t-mobile are just ludicrous. I only pay $24.99 for Unlimited data + 400 Text. For $34.99 i can have Unlimited Data + Text

So my vote is for the T-Mobile G1 made by HTC and runs Android.

[quote name='Layd Dly']What he said. Att data and voice plans compared to t-mobile are just ludicrous. I only pay $24.99 for Unlimited data + 400 Text. For $34.99 i can have Unlimited Data + Text

So my vote is for the T-Mobile G1 made by HTC and runs Android.[/QUOTE]

Tmobile huh... I have been running alltel and used to have Tmobile. For me the plan was great. I want data on my phone for work/personal use now though.. I have been thinking about doing the research.

Whats with the new touchscreen Blackberry Verizon is always advertising....

I know with Alltel (I know Verizon bought them) that I get more reception in Michigan than my coworkers with Verizon plans..

bread's done
Back