What's everybody's gripe about the PS3?

[quote name='whoknows']I'm just trying to make the point that the $300 360 is a crippled system and a lot different than the analogy you made of it being as important as coming in different colors. The cheaper PS3 can play games as well as the Premium one, the stuff it's missing is what you are paying if you want to use the PS3 for more than just games.[/QUOTE]

My point was that the chrome finish is about as important as different colors. Even if you consider the $300 360 to be crippled, this isn't really a plus for the PS3 because the premium 360 bundle is still of course cheaper than the crippled PS3.

So even though you typically need more accessories for the 360, you can get them included in the $400 bundle and it's still less than you'd pay for any PS3.

[quote name='rickonker']My point was that the chrome finish is about as important as different colors. Even if you consider the $300 360 to be crippled, this isn't really a plus for the PS3 because the premium 360 bundle is still of course cheaper than the crippled PS3.

So even though you typically need more accessories for the 360, you can get them included in the $400 bundle and it's still less than you'd pay for any PS3.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is getting annoying. I am not debating the 360 being cheaper than the PS3.

The $500 PS3 isn't crippled in any way game wise, it can play games right out of the box while the 360 Core can NOT unless you plan on starting a game from the beginning every time you play. You need to buy a memory card or HDD to be able to play anything, a HDD If you want backwards compatibility.

The only stuff the Premium PS3 has that the $500 version doesn't is the extra stuff you would use if you want to take advantage of the non gaming capabilities of the PS3.

[quote name='whoknows']The $500 PS3 isn't crippled in any way game wise, it can play games right out of the box while the 360 Core can NOT.[/QUOTE]

Might wanna reword that.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, this is getting annoying. I am not debating the 360 being cheaper than the PS3.

The $500 PS3 isn't crippled in any way game wise, it can play games right out of the box while the 360 Core can NOT unless you plan on starting a game from the beginning every time you play. You need to buy a memory card or HDD to be able to play anything, a HDD If you want backwards compatibility.

The only stuff the Premium PS3 has that the $500 version doesn't is the extra stuff you would use if you want to take advantage of the non gaming capabilities of the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Well, since you called the $300 360 crippled, and the way to "un-cripple" it is to buy the accessories, it kind of made it a question of cost.

If the $300 360 were the same cost as the $500 PS3, then the PS3 is the better deal. If this is what you mean, I agree.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, this is getting annoying. I am not debating the 360 being cheaper than the PS3.

The only stuff the Premium PS3 has that the $500 version doesn't is the extra stuff you would use if you want to take advantage of the non gaming capabilities of the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I disagree the missing HDMI interface is a huge loss and there is no way to add it on. You basically bought a crippled PS3.

I personally don't believe there should be 2 versions of ANY console. But at least the 360 can be fixed with the addon cables and hard drive.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']People talk shit now and jump on the bandwagon hate. BUT when MG and FF come out eveyone is going to be Sony cock sucking again and back to bashing MS and Nintendo for being lame or some shit. I just buy all the systems for the fun of it.[/quote]

Agreed, I buy all the systems too

[quote name='Indiana']I disagree the missing HDMI interface is a huge loss and there is no way to add it on. You basically bought a crippled PS3.

I personally don't believe there should be 2 versions of ANY console. But at least the 360 can be fixed with the addon cables and hard drive.[/QUOTE]

They stuck that back on a ways back :lol:.

The only difference is the 20gb/60gb, the card reader, and the wifi. It still makes the 60gb a better buy, but not as much of a diff as in the 360. I was leaning towards the 20gb for a while because I have a wired ethernet connection where my games are set up. But someone else here reminded me of a very important (well, potentially important, anyway) issue - the wireless connection to the PSP. I'd definitely want to take advantage of that. I had completely overlooked that.

Of course, until they make a new revised PS3 with a hardware 1080i upscaler in it, I won't be buying either ;).

[quote name='Indiana']I disagree the missing HDMI interface is a huge loss and there is no way to add it on. You basically bought a crippled PS3.

I personally don't believe there should be 2 versions of ANY console. But at least the 360 can be fixed with the addon cables and hard drive.[/QUOTE]
Actually the $500 version DOES come with HDMI

http://news.com.com/2100-1043_3-6118346.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158155.html

EDIT: Beat by IO :p

[quote name='whoknows']Actually the $500 version DOES come with HDMI

http://news.com.com/2100-1043_3-6118346.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158155.html

EDIT: Beat by IO :p[/QUOTE]

Nevertheless, that's kind of a selective truth, isn't it? If the Core 360 is crippled as a result of what it does not include, the PS3 sure is crippled by means of including goddamned RCA cables. Not the same kind of crippling, sure, but if you want to get nit picky about it...

And before you go there, don't fucking bring up monoprice.com. Alright? Very few people know about that site, very few people are genuinely patient and savvy consumers, and many consumers will bite into their Best Buy salesperson selling them $60-100 HDMI cables, telling them it's necessary for the PS3 to look as good as it can (and they'd be right).

I still don't think you're wording things properly. The core 360 can play all but a handful (fewer than 5, and that includes Final Fantasy XI, which isn't even a game, objectively speaking ;)) of games just fine. You can't save them, sure. But that's a whole different issue than saying "this can't play games."

Look, I know you love your PS3. I'm a fan of mine as well. But you can't be so stubborn as to try to refute *every* complaint against it, and in addition, level attacks on the objective inferiority of the other systems. For fuck's sake, dude.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nevertheless, that's kind of a selective truth, isn't it? If the Core 360 is crippled as a result of what it does not include, the PS3 sure is crippled by means of including goddamned RCA cables. Not the same kind of crippling, sure, but if you want to get nit picky about it...

And before you go there, don't fucking bring up monoprice.com. Alright? Very few people know about that site, very few people are genuinely patient and savvy consumers, and many consumers will bite into their Best Buy salesperson selling them $60-100 HDMI cables, telling them it's necessary for the PS3 to look as good as it can (and they'd be right).

I still don't think you're wording things properly. The core 360 can play all but a handful (fewer than 5, and that includes Final Fantasy XI, which isn't even a game, objectively speaking ;)) of games just fine. You can't save them, sure. But that's a whole different issue than saying "this can't play games."

Look, I know you love your PS3. I'm a fan of mine as well. But you can't be so stubborn as to try to refute *every* complaint against it, and in addition, level attacks on the objective inferiority of the other systems. For fuck's sake, dude.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to bring up monoprice, and for the most part I dont even care about the HDMI arguement because my TV doesn't even support it.

As for the 360 saving arguement, yes, while it can play games I don't know who is going to start the game from the beginning every single time. We aren't in the days of the Genesis/SNES where saving, for the most part was used pretty sparingly (with the exception of a few games) since the games weren't all that long. With today's games being well over 10 hours long easily, not being able to save is a big deal.

[quote name='mykevermin']many consumers will bite into their Best Buy salesperson selling them $60-100 HDMI cables, telling them it's necessary for the PS3 to look as good as it can (and they'd be right).[/QUOTE]

Is this true? I thought that since HDMI is digital, the quality isn't affected by the brand of cable.

[quote name='whoknows'] We aren't in the days of the Genesis/SNES where saving, for the most part was used pretty sparingly (with the exception of a few games) since the games weren't all that long. With today's games being well over 10 hours long easily, not being able to save is a big deal.[/QUOTE]

So playstation 1 and 2 sucked because you had to buy a memory card?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']So playstation 1 and 2 sucked because you had to buy a memory card?[/QUOTE]
Sure, if that's how you want to take what I said.

[quote name='rickonker']Is this true? I thought that since HDMI is digital, the quality isn't affected by the brand of cable.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I dunno about that. My "they'd be right" comment was in regard to buying HDMI cables to make the PS3 look better than it would with the included RCA cables.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, I dunno about that. My "they'd be right" comment was in regard to buying HDMI cables to make the PS3 look better than it would with the included RCA cables.[/QUOTE]
True. Am I the only one looking forward to 2010, when I expect the new consoles to have motion-sensing controllers, 1080p HDMI output, AND a good, centralized online service?

[quote name='jer7583']PARAGRAPHS

that is all.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to comment on grammar, you shouldn't use a sentence fragment.
Along those same lines, capitalize the first word in the sentences you actually DO make.
That is all. ;)

[quote name='jousley']If you are going to comment on grammar, you shouldn't use a sentence fragment.
Along those same lines, capitalize the first word in the sentences you actually DO make.
That is all. ;)[/QUOTE]
In his defense, for some people (including me) bad grammar is easier to read than a bunch of text that hasn't been split into paragraphs.

[quote name='rickonker']In his defense, for some people (including me) bad grammar is easier to read than a bunch of text that hasn't been split into paragraphs.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, back to lurking for me then. I rarely have much to say, but when I do, it falls on deaf ears. Instead of an exchange of information, it becomes an exercize in nit picking. I've been a member of this site long enough to run across many people that talk a lot but have nothing to say. Forgive me for trying.

[quote name='jousley']Oh well, back to lurking for me then. I rarely have much to say, but when I do, it falls on deaf ears. Instead of an exchange of information, it becomes an exercize in nit picking. I've been a member of this site long enough to run across many people that talk a lot but have nothing to say. Forgive me for trying.[/QUOTE]
Sorry if I offended you, but wasn't your post basically nitpicking as well?

[quote name='rickonker']Sorry if I offended you, but wasn't your post basically nitpicking as well?[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.

[quote name='rickonker']Is this true? I thought that since HDMI is digital, the quality isn't affected by the brand of cable.[/quote]
That's true, but how many people know that?

My bad...I didn't realize they added the HDMI interface back on. I guess both systems are ok in the light versions. I still disagree with either company offering 2 versions of the console. Both companies have done it now, but only the MS system seems to have actually dropped the price a decent amount. $100 off of $600 doesn't seem like a worthwhile price drop to me.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Im not even done with Resistance. AND its already longer then Gears of War. So what the hell are you saying?

I think I figured out what the ignore list is for.[/QUOTE]

If you cant beat RFOM on hard faster then GOW on insane then stop sucking at video games i dont know what to tell ya

[quote name='DJSteel']Daddy you are a friggin moron... do you think the PS3 was the most expensive console released??[/QUOTE]

What neo geo? How many people owned that in the US? Hell most people didnt even realize you could use your memory card for that system in the arcade and also heaphones, the slots were under the arcade sticks above the coin slot (metal slug with headphones ahh bliss) anyone else miss World Heros....BRAAAA BRAAA BRAAA!

[quote name='furyk']Daddy: You're insane. The PS1 had and still has the worst launch line-up of all time of the majors.[/QUOTE]

No actually PS3 gets that award, but by your standards that make 2 different PS systems out of 3 'the worst ever" LMAO

Compared the to the PS3's launch lineup, the PS1 lineup was excellent.

The PS3's launch lineup is abyssmal, mostly because between now and..what...march...is there ANYTHING due out that isn't a port?

# Battle Arena Toshinden
# ESPN Extreme Games
# Kileak - The DNA Imperative
# NBA JAM Tournament Edition
# Raiden Project
# Rayman
# Ridge Racer
# Street Fighter:The Movie
# Twisted Metal
# Warhawk
# Power Serve 3D Tennis
# Total Eclipse Turbo

There are a couple of stinkers in that bunch, but there are a BUNCH of games that lasted in peoples game collections for long, long times. PS1's launch lineup was fantastic.

actually Sega Dreamcast had the worst system launch..

First Party Games

"Sonic Adventure(TM)" -- Sega's world-renowned Sonic the Hedgehog(TM) will be making his debut on Sega Dreamcast in "Sonic Adventure" -- an action/adventure title setting loose the famous blue character in an all-new full 3D thrill ride.

Sega Sports(TM) "NFL 2K" -- From bone-crushing tackles to strategic offensive maneuvers, "NFL 2K" is the most realistic football game ever made, featuring an intricate 3D collision model that ensures players don't just fall over when hit -- they respond to the direction and force of the tackle.

"The House of The Dead(TM) 2" -- A new evil inventor has picked up where the mad scientist Dr. Curian left off in "The House of the Dead" -- creating zombies striving to put an end to mankind. Get ready to fight the undead as two rookie AMS agents in this action-packed adventure.

"CART - Flag to Flag(TM)" -- The first-ever racing title that replicates the intense competition and challenging tracks of CART racing. True-to-life high octane driving action.

Third Party Games:

"AeroWings(TM)" (Crave) -- Players train high in the skies as they try to reach perfection to become a member of the exclusive Blue Impulse aerial stunt team. Loops, barrel rolls, diamond formations, speeds of mach 2.5, incredible video replays and streaks of smoke will keep this title soaring long after gamers crash.

"Airforce Delta(TM)" (Konami of America, Inc.) -- Pilots get ready to grab some serious air with the latest action-adventure title from Konami of America, Inc. Contracted by a mercenary organization, players top-gun in more than 20 strategic missions -- search and rescue, dogfights and reconnaissance. To sweeten the pot in this "the more you take out, the more you take home" deal, gamers can upgrade their ride, choosing from more than 30 different international aircrafts, to get the job done.

"Blue Stinger(TM)" (Activision) -- Blue Stinger offers non-stop action gameplay, incredibly detailed 3D environments, an immersive storyline and multiple levels of puzzles, secrets and environmental paths.

"Hydro Thunder(TM)" (Midway) -- Enter this fast-paced water adventure as members of the Hydro Thunder Racing Association (H.T.R.A.). Players join this organization of racing renegades in a quest to race through 11 unique and visually stunning aquatic tracks, with one of the 13 different high-performance boats.

"Monaco Grand Prix(TM)" (Ubi Soft) -- The most challenging 3D racing simulation game ever with incredible realism, 15 customizable car configurations, spectacular lighting, weather and smoke effects.

"Mortal Kombat(R) Gold" (Midway) -- This fight-to-the-finish slug-fest features 20 controllable characters including a handful of classic combatants that are making their way back to the Mortal Kombat scene.

"NFL Blitz(TM) 2000" (Midway) -- When this game comes to Sega Dreamcast from the arcade, it will include fully controllable punt/kick situations, a super play editor in which gamers can design their own offensive and defensive plays and many more incredible features.

"PenPen TriIcelon(TM)" (Infogrames) -- Funny animal characters compete in a madcap triathlon on ice. Select one of seven whimsical characters including a penguin, shark, walrus, hippo, octopus, bird or dog. Race against each other (up to four players) or against the clock in three unique events including belly-surfing, ice-walking, and swimming.

"Power Stone(TM)" (Capcom) -- A breathtaking fantasy fighter with mesmerizing graphics and non-stop action. Its release marks the first fully interactive 3D game where players interact with the environment. Eight mysterious new characters pit their skills against each other in beautiful 3D environments as they battle to collect power stones.

"Ready 2 Rumble(TM) Boxing" (Midway) -- Featuring world-renowned boxing announcer, Michael "Let's Get Ready to Rumble(R)" Buffer, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing gives players the opportunity to compete as one of 16 boxers, each with his own fighting style. Each boxer is hyper realistic with an unlimited number of punch combinations for both realistic and over-the-top boxing styles.

"Soul Calibur(TM)" (Namco) -- The greatest weapons-based fighter returns from the arcades -- "Soul Calibur" unleashes gorgeous graphics, fantastic fighters and crushing combos so amazing they'll make your head spin!

"Tokyo Xtreme Racer(TM)" (Crave) -- Featuring adrenaline-pumping competition and gorgeous graphics to match, this title allows players to race turbo-charged import racers against rivals on the Tokyo highway system.

"TrickStyle(TM)" (Acclaim) -- TrickStyle is a thrilling futuristic racing game where competitors must use stunts to beat some of the meanest and most talented Urban Surfers in the world. The game combines fast and furious racing, wild stunts, beautiful and detailed environments and open-ended gameplay to create an experience unlike on any other console.

"TNN(R) Motorsports(SM) HardCore Heat(TM)" (ASC) -- This game is a gear-grinding, rough and rugged off-road racing game that features eight colorful and highly detailed off-road racing vehicles to choose from. Cars posses various handling capabilities, engine power and have a responsive 4-wheel independent suspension. Players can race over six international tracks.

they had 2 - 3 good games, the rest were mediocre or also on other systems. Add in the fact that some of the games didn't work and they had to recall them then place stickers on the fixed games so retailers knew which to sell.

DC-Ready2RumbleBoxing-s.jpg

The Dreamcast had a fantastic launch. NFL 2K, Power Stone, Soul Calibur, and House of the Dead 2 were great games. Sonic Adventure hasn't aged well, but the game was good at the time.

[quote name='Daddy']Yeah ok..thats total bullshite[/quote]

right... anything that doesn't say what you want it to say is bullshit

[quote name='furyk']The Dreamcast had a fantastic launch. NFL 2K, Power Stone, Soul Calibur, and House of the Dead 2 were great games. Sonic Adventure hasn't aged well, but the game was good at the time.[/quote]

74.3 is not great..add that in with the issues with the games.. to me that was really bad.

Yes it is bullshite...PS1 launch with TWISTED METAL and Battle Arena Toshinden...dude, comon twisted metal was so the shit when it came out I played the fook at of it! Dreamcast with Ready2Rumble and Soul Caliber was fantastic too. No ranking can supress the hype of a new system when you play a great game that lives up to the expectation or the graphics jump from one platform to another, its when those things dont happen that im disappointed and in this case PS3 was the only system I can remember that this was the case. I dont hear ONE person bugging out about any game on PS3 let alone the system itself, in fact i cant remember the last time that ever happened? Not even a fanboy, comon thats a bit odd not to mention no one in here even bugged out about how great the system or games were not even some scrubby newb? I understand that your banking on next year for games and for now you have a blu-ray polayer but to say you have a great system is a joke, fact is until the MGS and FF games show your standing there with a 700-800 hole in your wallet for xmas or a new blu-ray player I guess. Best part is if I go by this ranking I am to believe that xbox and HALO isnt better than resistance on PS3 for a launch ..OMG bahbahbahba totally obsured

PS-Since you love the rankings you should be playing SSX on your PS over resistance on your PS3 as well ;-)

[quote name='Daddy']Yes it is bullshite...PS1 launch with TWISTED METAL and Battle Arena Toshinden...dude, comon twisted metal was so the shit when it came out I played the fook at of it! Dreamcast with Ready2Rumble and Soul Caliber was fantastic too. No ranking can supress the hype of a new system when you play a great game that lives up to the expectation or the graphics jump from one platform to another, its when those things dont happen that im disappointed and in this case PS3 was the only system I can remember that this was the case. I dont hear ONE person bugging out about any game on PS3 let alone the system itself, in fact i cant remember the last time that ever happened? Not even a fanboy, comon thats a bit odd not to mention no one in here even bugged out about how great the system or games were not even some scrubby newb? I understand that your banking on next year for games and for now you have a blu-ray polayer but to say you have a great system is a joke, fact is until the MGS and FF games show your standing there with a 700-800 hole in your wallet for xmas or a new blu-ray player I guess. Best part is if I go by this ranking I am to believe that xbox and HALO isnt better than PS3 and resistance..OMG bahbahbahba totally obsured[/quote]

Ready 2 Rumble wasn't the best scoring game on the system...but I bought R2R at launch.. and like many of the launch titles, the game blue screened and if you want to call bs on some of the PS3 launch titles.. I can do the same with some of the DC games since R2R was on multi systems..

[quote name='Daddy']
PS-Since you love the rankings you should be playing SSX on your PS1 over resistance on your PS3 as well ;-)[/quote]

actually I don't have a ps3, yet, plus SSX is on the PS2.. assmonkey

Dreamcast had an good launch line up. Soul Calibur was like the killer-ap and the considered the best game to come out that year. I think based on just having Soul Calibur, Dreamcast has one of the best launch line ups.

[quote name='DJSteel']actually Sega Dreamcast had the worst system launch.. [/quote]This is a joke post, right? I could easily see myself going and playing at least 4 of those games right now and enjoying them more than a lot of what comes out now.

[quote name='MadFlava']Dreamcast had an good launch line up. Soul Calibur was like the killer-ap and the considered the best game to come out that year. I think based on just having Soul Calibur, Dreamcast has one of the best launch line ups.[/quote]

BUT they had so many issues with their launch titles. to me, it's not just about the titles.. but the launch itself.

[quote name='Genocidal']This is a joke post, right? I could easily see myself going and playing at least 4 of those games right now and enjoying them more than a lot of what comes out now.[/quote]
i bought a Dreamcast at launch. I still have one and I love it. Powerstone and Soul Calibur are still the greatest along with Skies of Arcadia, etc. BUT they had issues with their launch.. I had to take 3 games back because they'd blue screen all the time.

You might want to clarify your post above then... it sounds as if you're bashing the Dreamcast for the quality of the launch titles when in your latest post that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

[quote name='Genocidal']You might want to clarify your post above then... it sounds as if you're bashing the Dreamcast for the quality of the launch titles when in your latest post that doesn't seem to be the case at all.[/quote]

at the bottom of the post I have a picture then I state about their issues with their games.. their games overall were pretty good.. I still can't remember what the problem was.. I think it was the Capcom games... but I'm not sure.

[quote name='DJSteel']actually I don't have a ps3, yet, plus SSX is on the PS2.. assmonkey[/QUOTE]

Yeah nice retort my bad perhaps I should say Warhawk on PS1 or Mario 64 or Madden 2002 on GC...ahahha either way lame comeback on your part. Oh and I never got the blue screen on my dreamcast, maybe you should stop keeping it underwater or whereever you were storing it

[quote name='Daddy']Yeah nice retort my bad perhaps I should say Warhawk on PS1 or Mario 64 or Madden 2002 on GC...ahahha either way lame comeback on your part. Oh and I never got the blue screen on my dreamcast, maybe you should stop keeping it underwater or whereever you were storing it[/quote]

you obviously didn't get it at launch.. The games which had the problems got recalled and were fixed and re-released with that sticker I showed on Ready 2 Rumble.

Warhawk kicked ass that is why they are bringing it back for the Ps3. GCN, Metroid Prime got better reviews than Halo.. I think it was better than Halo my self. btw Mario 64 is in the top 3 of 10 most influential games in the history of gaming.

[quote name='mykevermin']You two! shaddup! Go play on a system you like instead!

Me? I'm gonna go sit next to my PS3, since it's 30 degrees outside.[/quote]

lol. I'm at work wasting time..

[quote name='mykevermin']fair enough. I'm just jealous b/c I don't have the time to waste today except for brief one sentence posts.[/quote]
usually my end of the month is that crazy.. beginning of the months..not so much..I don't have a stressful job at all

bread's done
Back