What's Gamestop's Red Flag Criteria?

dchrisd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Anybody know what criteria Gamestop uses to ban or red flag customers?

I'm curious because due to the recent sales, in the past month I've gotten a number of games (about 10), had some second thoughts or was unhappy with the packaging and returned a few of the games I bought (about 3). Employees haven't said anything about banning or red flagging my account, and normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but given the number of returns in a short time, I'm curious.

Don't really know but I've done 10+ return transactions in a couple of months so you shouldn't be worried about 3. Nothing has happened to me so far.

... We have people who have done well over 30+ returns in a month to take advantage of the trade 2 get $40 off promo. You won't get flagged.

i heard from my friend that if u return one game they just flag you off the bat, gs doesn't like to deal with picky customers. after a few months all of the gs in the country will have been notified and have a picture of you in the back room. you won't be able to trade in or even buy anything.

[quote name='addicted2games']You will only get flagged (banned) if you trade in multiple copies of the same game, even at different stores.[/QUOTE]
uh oh, I just traded in 2 Soul Calburs for PSP at 2 diff stores :cry:

They have people who monitor the internets 24/7 looking for people who badmouth gamestop. Anyone who ever says they don't like to pre-order or likes to flip games gets instantly banned. They somehow track your ip address and cross reference that with data they pay the federal government for. They get your picture and send it to every gamestop in the world and add you to their do not trade list. Then an agent sneaks into your house at night and implants a microchip in the back of your neck. The next time you attempt to enter a gamestop store an electronic signal is sent to the chip. This causes a zeppelin to land on your head, smashing your head clean out of your ass, may you rest in pieces.

[quote name='SteveChiller']uh oh, I just traded in 2 Soul Calburs for PSP at 2 diff stores :cry:[/QUOTE]

I have heard of cases where they do it for more than that. Someone I know got canned trading in 8-10 of the same game.

[quote name='darkslime']i heard from my friend that if u return one game they just flag you off the bat, gs doesn't like to deal with picky customers. after a few months all of the gs in the country will have been notified and have a picture of you in the back room. you won't be able to trade in or even buy anything.[/QUOTE]

I actually think that my closest BB has a picture of me up, but that's a story for another time.

[quote name='dabamus']I actually think that my closest BB has a picture of me up, but that's a story for another time.[/QUOTE]
story time now, c'mon!

I went in trying to get the nerf game for free. There was a guy that came up to the register and told the cashier that they weren't accepting the coupon. He told me that they had "had problems with me before" with this sort of thing.

I had never seen the guy there before, so I have no idea how he recognized me other than they have a pic from the security cam up or something.

I think what the OP is talking about is returning games within the 7 day period, not trading them in. I think my Gamestop has a limit of 3 and then they initial your receipt and with the 4th one they usually tell you to find something you like. I usually will return one and then wait awhile before I do it again, but apparently there are douchebags out there that buy a used game, beat it within 7 days, and return it and get something else. Then do the same thing again.

The return policy is there to help you out and keep you from being stuck if you buy a game that sucks, not so you can play as many games as you like for free. I respect the policy and I have a good relationship with my Gamestop, so I only return games that I hate, like Aliens VS. Predator.

[quote name='Badgun']I think what the OP is talking about is returning games within the 7 day period, not trading them in. I think my Gamestop has a limit of 3 and then they initial your receipt and with the 4th one they usually tell you to find something you like. I usually will return one and then wait awhile before I do it again, but apparently there are douchebags out there that buy a used game, beat it within 7 days, and return it and get something else. Then do the same thing again.

The return policy is there to help you out and keep you from being stuck if you buy a game that sucks, not so you can play as many games as you like for free. I respect the policy and I have a good relationship with my Gamestop, so I only return games that I hate, like Aliens VS. Predator.[/QUOTE]
my friend did that for bioshock 2, he didn't get anything else but he beat it in a day and didn't know it was going to be so short.

The only time I ever "flagged" a customer when I worked there was when he was doing multi returns to buy & beat & refund. He'd do it all the time so I told my staff we weren't dealing with him anymore. There're no pictures on the wall in the backroom or an epic list where they keep track of annoying customers, it's all in-store, if you get "flagged" at a store just go to another one. If you piss off the employees they'll just not deal with you anymore. No one really actively tracks trades or returns. Realistically as long as you're within policy GS can't give you crap and if they do just go above the staff and talk to the District Manager and they'll have to do whatever you want. You might even get a discount if you seem pissed and offended at being singled out. As long as you're not trading in stolen merchandise you're fine, return away. ;D

[quote name='Badgun']I think what the OP is talking about is returning games within the 7 day period, not trading them in. I think my Gamestop has a limit of 3 and then they initial your receipt and with the 4th one they usually tell you to find something you like. I usually will return one and then wait awhile before I do it again, but apparently there are douchebags out there that buy a used game, beat it within 7 days, and return it and get something else. Then do the same thing again.

The return policy is there to help you out and keep you from being stuck if you buy a game that sucks, not so you can play as many games as you like for free. I respect the policy and I have a good relationship with my Gamestop, so I only return games that I hate, like Aliens VS. Predator.[/QUOTE]

I did multiple returns last gen on PS2/Xbox games, since I found that many of the games people raved about to me just plain sucked. Yet after 2-3 returns I was told I would 'have to be stuck with the next one I took'.:roll: I can't help it if the friggin' games suck and I want to pick something different.

As of late I haven't done it much, but when they had that 'trade select games get $20 off a purchase' and the 'bump your select games to $40 tiv' promos I did some returns or just took the credit instead of buying anything.

I have something like 10 Gamestop stores around here, so I can space out my returns between all of them if I want to.:D;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I did multiple returns last gen on PS2/Xbox games, since I found that many of the games people raved about to me just plain sucked. Yet after 2-3 returns I was told I would 'have to be stuck with the next one I took'.:roll: I can't help it if the friggin' games suck and I want to pick something different.[/QUOTE]

You could have helped it if you had rented the games instead of buying them outright. If there was a pre-order bonus involved, buy the game and keep it sealed. Then you rent. If the game sucks, you take back your sealed copy for a full refund, no questions asked as long as you're within 30 days.

[quote name='saturnotaku']You could have helped it if you had rented the games instead of buying them outright. If there was a pre-order bonus involved, buy the game and keep it sealed. Then you rent. If the game sucks, you take back your sealed copy for a full refund, no questions asked as long as you're within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Renting a game cost money and then you would have spent the rent money + the new game if you did like it.

[quote name='saturnotaku']You could have helped it if you had rented the games instead of buying them outright. If there was a pre-order bonus involved, buy the game and keep it sealed. Then you rent. If the game sucks, you take back your sealed copy for a full refund, no questions asked as long as you're within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was gonna spend $7-8 to rent a game, THEN buy it if I liked it, as opposed to buying it used(most were way cheaper than $50 already), trying it and then returning it if I didn't like it.

I was a CHEAPassgamer before I was a CheapAssGamer, so the thought of spending full price on a game was out of the question if I could try it and decide if I liked it BEFORE deciding if I wanted to keep it or not.;)

I see regular customers consitently go in all the time and tell the manager they are specifically there to exchange a game before the 7 days are up. It's part of Gamestop's policy. One of the Managers said to me as long as it is the policy there is nothing really to be done about constant returns other than let it be. If you outright abuse certain things however (ex return the same game 4 times to the same manager at the same store within a week), you make yourself more noticeable and put yourself in your own fox hole.

Also depends on your local managers, and their attitudes, as well as the strictness of the DMs in your area. Don't know for sure, but this is what I've noticed from observation/experience.

That's why I wanna call or stop into my closest GS today, since I did a six game duplicate trade yesterday and I wanna be 100% certain the manager and DM are still cool with stuff like that.

They kept telling me 'as long as I have a receipt to show where I got them and what I paid' they were ok with it, but I just wanna be sure. After all, who else am I gonna dump my excess deal games on anymore if they perma-ban me? Gamecrazy/HWV? LMAO Blockbuster? LMFAO

bread's done
Back