What's going on with Gogamer.com?

redline

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
What do you think is happening with the company? It seems odd that their store would be offline for weeks. How are they making money during this time? I've seen in some other threads around here that their stock was getting low on a lot of stuff just before the site went offline. Wonder if they decided to liquidate and transform into something else. Digital content distribution, perhaps? Maybe another Gamespot/IGN type of news and review site?

I hadn't even realized something was going on until it dawned on me that I hadn't received an e-mail from them in a while. Went to the site and saw the "away message." Using the term "gaming destination" doesn't seem to bode well as far as a return to retail, though it will be interesting to see what their ideas are.

I know they are working on something big- gaming industry is changing and it is all going digital eventually.
Don't count them out yet- They have been around for some time.

They were supposed to reopen in may... they've been saying they were going to reopen for months now. Check their facebook page you can see alot about whats going on.

I have been wondering the samee thing, as I was clearing out my email archive I ran across a correspondence I had with a customer service rep, so I sent off an email asking if they were still in business. This is the reply I got tonight:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email as of now gogamer.com has been shut down and we are
changing direction from Gaming to gaming accessories and once we have all of
our exclusive products ready they will be up and running on gogamer. Gogamer
store is still available on amazon.com and Ebay at this time as we are
dumping all of the pc games that we have in stock at this time. Let me know
if you have any other questions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=
A2O93G6EZUI19A"

Thank you

Simon Jaroudi
Gogamer.com"

Just as well, that store sucked. Everytime they had a good deal on something I was willing to pay their outrageous shipping costs would kill the deal for me and on occasion they had something I would pay for it was a import or something. They never replied to emails and their 48 hours deals were usually a bunch of shit I wouldnt pay shipping for even if it was free and then 1 or 2 games I could get cheaper from like amazon or atleast for the same price with free shipping.

bread's done
Back