What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...beta-opens-to-playstation-plus-september-3rd/

A beta for AC Revelations will be released on 9/3:
Hey there PlayStation Assassins! Aren’t you LUCKY?! We have just announced that PlayStation Plus members get access to the Assassin’s Creed Revelations BETA on September 3rd! No, seriously, this is happening! Here is a quick glimpse of some of the things you can expect to experience in the ACR Beta (a much, much more detailed list that will be available on a special website we’re creating just for the Beta, but in the meantime, you can learn more in our forums.

Characters

Nine characters are available in the Beta which are all unlocked for your use at the outset. Though they share the same overall behavior, their animations differ and their ability sets are customizable. Available Characters include: The Sentinel, The Vanguard, The Guardian, The Vizier, The Thespian, The Deacon, The Bombardier, The Trickster and The Champion.

Maps

Three maps are available in the Beta and are all unlocked from the outset. Be sure to pay attention to their layouts in-game as these maps have been tuned to allow more strategy than those in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (it’s easier to break line-of-sight, for example).
· Knight’s Hospital
· Antioch
· Constantinople

Modes

Four modes are available in the Beta and are all unlocked from the outset. Two of these modes are returning favorites from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, while the other two are brand new modes designed in response to player feedback. Available Modes include: Wanted, Manhunt, Deathmatch (NEW), and Artifact Assault (NEW).

Abilities

Eight Abilities are available in the Beta, but only some are available initially while others must be unlocked by increasing your rank. Although some Abilities return from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, you may notice some slight tweaks resulting from player feedback. Available Abilities include: Tripwire Bomb (NEW), Closure (NEW), Disguise, Fire Crackers, Throwing Knives, Smoke Bomb, Poison and Morph.
Prepare yourselves Assassins… to go undercover into the very heart of Abstergo’s training grounds!

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Is there a way to check if a PSN code has been used without redeeming it? Fallout New Vegas classic pack, specifically.[/QUOTE]
i think you can type it in without redeeming it (don't quote me)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/14/the-drop-week-of-august-15th-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Driver: San Francisco (Multiplayer) — Driver: San Francisco marks the return of the blockbuster driving franchise. Gamers play John Tanner, a hardened detective involved in a relentless manhunt throughout the City by the Bay. Thanks to a groundbreaking gameplay feature, players can now seamlessly shift between more than a hundred licensed vehicles, keeping them constantly in the heart of the action. With its timeless atmosphere, unique car handling and renewed playability, Driver: San Francisco offers the free-roaming, classic, cinematic car chase experience.

Medal of Honor: Frontline – The Nazi invasion is in full swing, and you’re the Lieutenant who’s going to put a stop to it. Step into the shoes of Lt. Jimmy Patterson once again, sweeping across Europe to rescue the innocent and destroy the opposition. The 15 assignments range from saving captured OSS operatives from a Nazi-held Dutch manor house to dismantling a German naval base. Your job is a little too tough for any one man to pull off on his own, so you’ll have a loyal group of soldiers and a slew of weaponry including the Liberator Pistol, Panzerschreck, MG42, and B.A.R. all of which will come to your aid in the heat of battle. Divided into five main missions, the gameplay is extensive and meticulously constructed, resulting in an experience that trumps earlier series installments.
Demos

PSone Classic

Breath of Fire IV — Princess Nina’s sister, Elina, has disappeared. Nina and her friend, Cray, set out to find her. Along the way, they encounter a young warrior name Ryu who has no recollection of his past. This troupe is about to find out that their quest to find Elina will lead them to something much bigger, which will require them to save the world. Take control of the three-member party (there are a total of six playable characters), and lead them into battle. Any member of the group not in the active party can be rotated into battle. When the going gets tough, have Ryu use his ability to transform into a dragon to give you an extra edge. If your characters keep getting killed, have them train under a master to improve their skills. Will Nina and the others be able to find Elina and save the world? Play Breath of Fire IV and find out.

Ooh, I'll get BOF4 for sure.

Surprised to see MOH Frontline on there, I never heard anything about it ever being separate from the newish Medal of Honor.

[quote name='tokyoterror']anybody out there who picked up section 8 predijuce get the origional section 8 yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, apparently its a pretty widespread issue. A lot of people have posted it on the Time Gate forums for the game. Apparently theres a "Chance" that the codes might not be given out until September.

On a side note, just extended my PSN+ for 3 months and pre-ordered SF3 and The Baconing. Gonna grab another 20$ card later for the other 2

wish theyd put up the psp neo geo fighter collections for sale. i finally found the samurai showdown one for 11 somewhere but i still want the kof collections and the metal slug collections.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/0-99-movie-and-tv-rentals-coming-to-psn/

Sony's going to be offering $0.99 SD/$1.99 HD TV and Movie rentals each week.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Amazon has been doing that and I've actually been renting quite a lot of movies from them. That's an appropriate price for a rental unlike the $4.99 and up Sony, Microsoft, and Comcast currently charge.

EDIT: Wow the first week is absolute shit. Hopefully they put out new/popular releases as the program goes on.

Everything's been up since about 4 PM, but they've yet to actually make everything visible without search. I've been waiting on their blog post rather than doing tedious searching.

Try Vudu, Mak. They have a lot of $0.99/$1.99 rentals every week and they're generally on a lot of good movies.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

Try Vudu, Mak. They have a lot of $0.99/$1.99 rentals every week and they're generally on a lot of good movies.[/QUOTE]

Can you do that through PS3? Or is it a dl to computer?

In a similar vein - UFC has fights streaming through their Facebook page from time to time. If I went to Facebook on my PS3 through the web browser, could I see the video?

It's a PS3 app like Netflix or Hulu Plus.

I don't watch videos on Facebook, so I wouldn't know if it would work or not. You could try it and see if it works.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a PS3 app like Netflix or Hulu Plus.[/QUOTE]

Ah cool. I saw there was a 'TV channel' section or something like that added to the xmb but I hadn't looked into it yet. I'll investigate right now.

Ah yeah they do. Got the $5.99 credit. Thanks for letting me know about this. I really like the set up of it. If they have deals on new releases every now and then I think I'll get rid of the disc option on Netflix.

Deals
Auditorium HD - $4.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Action Prinny - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Adell - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Curtis - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Gig - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Gordon - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Hanako - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Jennifer - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Kogure - $0.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Class World Command Attack Mode - $1.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Defender of Earth Character Pack - $2.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Demon & Detective Set - $1.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Disgaea 2 Character Pack - $2.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set w/Theme - $2.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Fake Heroes Set - $1.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Makai Kingdom Main Character Pack - $1.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Raspberyl Chapter 1 - $1.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Raspberyl Chapter 2 - $1.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Raspberyl Chapter 3 - $1.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Raspberyl Chapter 4 - $1.49
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Raspberyl Chapter 1-4 - $5.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Soul Nomad Set - $1.99
Pocket Fighter - $2.99
Ricochet HD - $4.99
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $4.99

Qore
Qore Episode 39 - August 2011 - Free

Games
Medal of Honor: Frontline - $14.99

PS1 Classics
Breath of Fire IV - $5.99 - 209 MB

Minis
Dr. Maybee And The Adventures of Scarygirl - $3.99 - 13 MB
Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot - $3.99 - 9.53 MB
OMG-Z! - $3.49 - 33 MB

Demos
Driver San Francisco Beta

Add-ons
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Costume Pack 3 - $0.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - New Stage and BGM Pack 2 - $2.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Stage Pack 2 - $3.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Weapon Pack Pack 1 - $1.99
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - Mission 07 - $0.99
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - Mission 08 - $0.99
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - Mission 09 - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Bonus Sucker Punch Mini-Missions - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Player Skin Bundle - $1.99
Infamous 2 - Kessler Skin - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Original Cole Skin - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Reaper Skin - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Powers Pack - $2.99
Infamous 2 - Electrocution Grenade Power - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Lightning Hook Power - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Sniper Blast Power - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Stalker Grenade - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Weapons Pack - $2.99
Infamous 2 - Caveman Club - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Gold Amp Weapon - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Samurai Sword Skin - $0.99
Infamous 2 - Sly's Cane - $0.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Toy Story 2 Costume Kit - $5.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Emperor Zurg Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Jessie Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Stinky Pete Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Woody Costume - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - Fall Out Boy Pack 01 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band 3 - "Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Thnks fr th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Child in Time" by Deep Purple - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Pac-Man Fever" by Buckner & Garcia - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Froggy's Lament" by Buckner & Garcia - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Hyperspace" by Buckner & Garcia - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Mousetrap" by Buckner & Garcia - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Dead Again" by Possible Oscar - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - All hail Kay! - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Bombs don't unscrew - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Cadet, I asked you a question! - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Desert Fire - Free
Yoostar 2 - I work only 16 hours a day - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - It is a good day to die - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Mrs. Hagley's a lot better than you - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - The promise of a woman - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Reverse bear trap - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Squirrelly newscast - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - When the goin' gets tough - $1.99

Videos
Assassin's Creed Revelations Singleplayer Walkthrough Trailer
El Shaddai Launch Trailer
Sega Rally Online Arcade Launch Trailer
Swarm Game Trailer

Themes
Section 8: Prejudice

Premium Themes
Black Star - $2.99 - Dynamic
Food Frenzy Apples - $2.99 - Dynamic
Food Frenzy Cake - $2.99 - Dynamic
Food Frenzy Chocolate - $2.99 - Dynamic
Food Frenzy Grapes - $2.99 - Dynamic
Food Frenzy Lolli - $2.99 - Dynamic
Food Frenzy Strawberry - $2.99 - Dynamic
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - $1.99
Fish - $1.49
Gaze 2 - $1.99
Skulls - $1.49
Wendy 4 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Wendy PSP 8 - $1.99
Wendy PSP 9 - $1.99
Wendy PSP 10 - $1.99

Breath of Five IV (10) - $0.49 each
Infamous 2 Chaos Bundle - $0.49
Infamous 2 Order Bundle - $0.49
------------------------------------------
PlayStation Store

Deals
Worms 2: Armageddon - Puzzle Pack - $3.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Forts Pack - $3.99

Breath of Fire IV Bundle - $0.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats quite smart of NIS.....discount the Disgaea 3 DLC right after announcing Disgaea 3 for the Vita (Which includes all of the DLC XD).

Either way, i'd totally bite if i hadnt brought it all upon thier original release. (Which i still dont regret)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...assassins-creed-revelations-multiplayer-beta/

The PS+ updates for the next two weeks:
PlayStation Plus is heating up in August with exclusive access to some of the most anticipated Fall releases including Resistance 3 and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations!

With the 8/23 Store Update, Plus subscribers will have access to some of the multiplayer battlegrounds in Resistance 3 with the Multiplayer Beta, which includes two major maps in the game: the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, and the Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. Be one of the first to get your hands on this breakthrough FPS experience.

With a special 9/3 Store publish, Plus subscribers will have access to the spectacular cat and mouse gameplay that makes up Assassin’s Creed: Revelations’ multiplayer modes via the Beta. Get access to 3 maps, 9 characters, and 4 modes of undercover assassin action.

Lastly, the PlayStation Network PLAY event is in full effect with the release of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition on 8/23 20% off in Plus. The Baconing, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and Renegade Ops will continue to be available for pre-order with a 20% discount for Plus as well. That’s Day 1 discounts, people!

Check out the full outlook of content hitting for 8/23 and 8/30 Store Updates, and as always, let us know your feedback in the comments.

Here is the content list for August 23rd and August 30th

Free BETA Access:
Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta, Aug 23
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Beta, Sep 3

Free Minis:

I Must Run!, Aug 23

Free Dynamic Theme:
LittleBigPlanet “Sackboy on the Run”, Aug 23

PSN PLAY Discounts:

Street Fighter III Third Strike: Online Edition, $11.99
The Baconing, $11.99
BloodRayne: Betrayal, $11.99
Renegade Ops, $11.99

Discounts:

MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle, $1.04, Aug 23
Wakeboarding HD, $3.99, Aug 30

Exclusive Avatar Bundle:

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition Avatar Bundle, Aug 23
Section 8: Prejudice PSN Avatar Pack (10 Avatars), Sep 3, Free

Good thing I got lucky and got a Multiplayer code for Resistance 3 and I'm not a Playstation Plus member :D.

Since I really haven't payed any attention to PS Minis, what are they exactly? Just small, quick little games?

I'm also just waiting to hear that Monster Hunter 3rd HD Remake is coming to NA on PSN, oh when that day comes I'll be a very happy man!

Minis also seem to have no trophies.

They also seem too difficult for 'causual' games. But maybe that just says something about my level of skill.

[quote name='eldergamer']Minis also seem to have no trophies.

They also seem too difficult for 'causual' games. But maybe that just says something about my level of skill.[/QUOTE]

Based on my extremely limited experience, some are harder than others. Shift Extended is super-simple and super-easy. Me Monstar Hear me Roar (I think that was the name of it?) was a good difficulty level for me. Totally cute game, too.

[quote name='eldergamer']Minis also seem to have no trophies.

They also seem too difficult for 'causual' games. But maybe that just says something about my level of skill.[/QUOTE]
They're made for the PSP and run on the PS3 through an emulator, so they won't have trophies, online MP, or any PS3-specific features.

Like any line of games, some are hard and some are easy. I don't know what you're playing that makes you think all of them are hard.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're made for the PSP and run on the PS3 through an emulator, so they won't have trophies, online MP, or any PS3-specific features.

Like any line of games, some are hard and some are easy. I don't know what you're playing that makes you think all of them are hard.[/QUOTE]

Right. no DualStick support either. Using the d-pad is a bit of a pain. The only ones i really play are the ones I get for free through PS + for the most part.

Blockus, Space Shooter for $2,. I tried Young Thor and it was easy at first but got harder.

They can support the left stick, but that's up to the game. A Space Shooter for $2 is hard at first since you don't have any upgrades, so your first goal should be to play one of the easy levels and earn enough money to buy upgrades to your main gun. It gets easier once you've got better offensive capabilities.

Sweet, glad to hear PE2 is dropping finally. It has taken many years, but the quality of PSOne titles on the PSN is really damn good at this point.

[quote name='metaly']I thought PE2 was supposed to be horrible.[/QUOTE]

It changed genres which put off a lot of people, including me, from RPG to Survival Horror/Action, and they changed the look of Aya, which was also hurt it's appeal to fans of PE1. Wasn't a huge fan of the old RE games, so PE2 didn't sound good to me, but it got respectable review scores. Just checked it's metacritic and it's got a 79. I'm willing to give it a shot.

[quote name='metaly']I thought PE2 was supposed to be horrible.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it was horrible, it just was different than what most people were expecting at the time.

The next few weeks should be when all of the PS1 Classics that have been stored up from recent ESRB ratings will come out:

Breath of Fire IV
Centipede
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Parasite Eve 2
Pong

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/21/the-drop-week-of-august-22nd-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike — The Street Fighter series has long been the measuring stick by which other fighters are measured, and Street Fighter III: Third Strike set a new standard with its amazingly technical fighting style and bold, fluid 2D artwork. 19 determined warriors of varying styles prove their skills in combat. Each fighter has their own reasons for entering the tournament, testing their skills against the greatest martial artists the world has ever seen. Choose your favorite warrior, mastering a huge number of moves and combos. Your skills will be graded by the game’s built-in Grade Judge System, so it might be wise to enter the Practice mode or go one-on-one with a friend in Versus mode before you tackle the tournament. These fighters have developed skills so powerful, that by building up a super arts meter during the fight, they are unable to unleash devastating attacks and combos that will send opponents reeling!

Hamilton’s Great Adventure — Hamilton’s Great Adventure is a co-op puzzle adventure game from Fatshark. Take part in an amazing journey, guiding the splendiferous adventurer Ernest Hamilton and his brilliant bird Sasha as they co-operate to crack crafty conundrums and challenges! Progress through four unique and visually stunning environments. Delve into gameplay featuring both action puzzling and traditional problem solving. Immerse yourself into a fantastical storyline filled with extravagant escapades and memorable characters.

Comix Zone — A downloadable version of the 1995 Genesis/MegaDrive game. Sketch Turner is an artist in New York City. One day while Sketch is drawing, there is a huge thunderstorm and a bolt of lightning hits Sketch’s image, bringing it to life. That image is Mortus, a megalomaniac mutant who wants to become real and rule the earth. Mortus magically transports Sketch into the pages of his comic book so that he can end his creator’s life and become real. Inside the comic book, Sketch meets General Alissa Cyan, who believes he is a superhero that came to save their post-apocalyptic world from the evil brought by Mortus’ hand. Now Sketch must save the comic book world and get back to his own…

Demos

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Bodycount
NHL 12
Hamilton’s Great Adventure

minis

Fighting Fantasy: Talisman of Death
Hysteria Project 2

PSone Classic

Parasite Eve II – Three years after “the event” in New York, Aya Brea has joined the FBI to help control the threat of another mitochondria outbreak. After encountering several Neo Mitochondrial Creatures (NMCs) in a Los Angeles office building, Aya starts on an investigation into the source of the situation. She will have to travel to a variety of locations and fight dozens of NMCs that don’t want her to discover the truth behind their existence. Luckily, Aya is trained in the use of several weapons including pistols, rifles, and machine guns. But when things get a little too hairy, she can call on the power of her own mitochondria and pull off special attacks or heal wounds. Your performance throughout the game determines which of the multiple ending you will get to see. It’s up to you to try to keep the mitochondria in check with PARASITE EVE II.

bread's done
Back