What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...t-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-free-for-members/

The full PS+ update for this week:
This week PlayStation Plus continues the piping hot delivery of updates to keep you warm this December. Last week, you took the plunge into the underwater world of Rapture with BioShock 2 joining the Instant Game Collection. This week, you’ll be busting out your shoryukens and controlling gravity with two great games: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Rochard!

December 11th PlayStation Plus Update

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (PS3)

Free for Plus members

Street Fighter IV was already a bonafide hit when it ushered in a new era of 2D fighters. Take that winning formula, refine and balance one of the best fighting game engines, add four new characters (Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni), take part in new online modes and you’ve got one of the most complete fighting game packages ever. See you online; I’ll be the guy using this handy guide to my all time favorite fighting game character.

Rochard (PS3)

Free for Plus members

A PSN gem, Rochard brings fantastic puzzle-platforming in the form of taking control of astro-miner John Rochard. Though a humble premise it may be, you’ll be addicted to the gravity control mechanics of Rochard as you solve environmental puzzles and explore new ways to navigate the wonderful trappings of this galactic platformer. It’s a PSN exclusive that, if you missed, you should definitely make the time to play. You can read more on the game from the PlayStation Blog’s coverage. Please note, this title will only be available free in Plus for one week.

That’s it for this week’s update, and remember that the above updates will be in effect once the PlayStation Store updates on December 11th; usually between the times of 2:00pm – 5:00pm PST. Also, for those wondering, we do have PS Vita games on the way in December that will add to the already great library of content on PS Vita Plus. Watch for those to be announced in this space later this month.

Please remember to jump in to the PlayStation Community Forums in the Plus space where you’ll find threads (or start your own!) to discuss Plus. Of course, leave your thoughts here as well and remember, giving specific feedback is always the best course. Enjoy the update, and see you in the comments.

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']Wait, does that mean Rochard will only be in the store for one week or Plus user only get it for a week?[/QUOTE]
The latter.

Wow more free games! I'm surprised they're adding even more free Vita games soon. Makes me question how they're turning a profit with so many free games and only getting $50 a year.

I thought you had a week to download Rochard, but then had it as long as you have PS+? No? I guess that means I don't need to set up the PS3, activate PS+ 1 month trial, in order to download Rochard for Xmas....

Please, please, please tell me there's a line in Rochard where he says "I'm Rock Hard, Baby." Otherwise, I won't be playing the game.
I know his name is pronounced Roshe-Shar frenchy style in game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I thought you had a week to download Rochard, but then had it as long as you have PS+? No? I guess that means I don't need to set up the PS3, activate PS+ 1 month trial, in order to download Rochard for Xmas....[/QUOTE]
You have one week to grab it, which can be played for as long as you're subscribed.

Deals
Beatshapers Indie Bundle - PS3/PSP/Vita - $2.99 -
Includes BreakQuest, Canabalt, Enigmo, Galcon Labs, and Wizorb
Class of Heroes - PSP - $7.49
Tiger Woods 13 Bonus Edition - $39.99 -
Full Game + Some DLC

Games
Ben 10 Omniverse - $39.99 - 2.8 GB
Big Sky Infinity - $9.99 - 664 MB - Cross Buy
Black Knight Sword - $9.99 - 762 MB
Judge Dee: The City God Case - $7.99 - 321 MB
Mix Superstar - $9.99 - 212 MB

PS2 Classics
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - $14.99 - 4.2 GB

Demos
Black Knight Sword - 762 MB
Mix Superstar - 212 MB

Add-ons
Assassin’s Creed III - Language Pack Brazillian Portuguese - Free
Assassin’s Creed III - The Hidden Secrets - $4.99
Battlefield 3 - Aftermath - $14.99
Borderlands 2 - Collector’s Edition Pack - $4.99
Borderlands 2 - Creature Slaughter Dome - $4.99
Dishonored - Dunwall City Trials - $4.99
Lego Lord of the Rings - Middle Earth Pack 1 - $1.99
Lego Lord of the Rings - Middle Earth Pack 2 - $1.99
Lego Lord of the Rings - Weapon and Magic Items - $2.99
Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise - Naughty Costume Set - $4.99
Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise - Naughty Weapon Set - $4.99
Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise - Totally Naughty Set - 6.99
Rock Band 3 - Toadies Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band 3 - "Possum Kingdom" by Toadies - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Away" by Toadies - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Tyler" by Toadies - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "28 Days" by Mafia Track Suit - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - "Betrayed" by Musica Diablo - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - "No Ghost" by The Haunted - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Trenches" by The Haunted - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "On The Run" by Emerald - $1.99
Rocksmith - Nickelback Song Pack - $7.99 - Includes the three songs below
Rocksmith - "How You Remind Me" By Nickelback - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Rockstar" By Nickelback - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Bottom’s Up" By Nickleback - $2.99
Worms Revolution - Medieval Tales - $4.99

Premium Themes
Call Of Duty Black Ops II Aftermath - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Arizona Cardinals - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Atlanta Falcons - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Baltimore Ravens - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Buffalo Bills - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Carolina Panthers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Chicago Bears - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Cincinnati Bengals - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Cleveland Browns - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Dallas Cowboys - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Denver Broncos - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Detroit Lions - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Green Bay Packers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Houston Texans - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Indianapolis Colts - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Jacksonville Jaguars - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Kansas City Chiefs - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Miami Dolphins - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Minnesota Vikings - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL New England Patriots - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL New Orleans Saints - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL New York Giants - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL New York Jets - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Oakland Raiders - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Philadelphia Eagles - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Pittsburgh Steelers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL San Diego Chargers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL San Francisco 49ers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Seattle Seahawks - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL St. Louis Rams - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Tennessee Titans - $2.99 - Dynamic
NFL Washington Redskins - $2.99 - Dynamic

Wallpaper
Derrick the Deathfin

Vita Games
Big Sky Infinity - $9.99 - 664 MB - Cross Buy

Vita Demos
Uncharted: Fight for Fortune - 277 MB
---------------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Games
Rochard - 1.3 GB
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - 17.9 GB

Expiring for PS+ Next Week:

Deals
Puddle - $5.00
Puddle - Vita - $4.00
Sorcery - $15.99

Games
Rochard - 1.3 GB

SInce I am new to this...have either RE: UC or RE:DSC ever gone on sale or "free" for Plus members? Was it ever released on disc here in the US?

[quote name='eldergamer']I just want a theme that matches whatever game I'm currently working on.[/QUOTE]
I like this idea. Even if it's just the splash screen image from your most recently played game, that would be pretty sweet.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They were on sale for PS+ at launch for the first couple of weeks and they're PSN exclusives.[/QUOTE]

AHH damn.... guess I will wait for the cards to go cheap or another sale :| thanks bud.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You have one week to grab it, which can be played for as long as you're subscribed.[/QUOTE]

Ah, then you had wanted to say "former", not "latter". :) Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

Games
Black Knight Sword - $9.99 - 762 MB
[/QUOTE]

Finally, such a cool and unique game, and yet no one's talking about it...what's that about.

Plus I'd have to say Grasshopper and Digital Reality didn't do the best to get the word out for it too.

Still will be picking this up this weekend, and I hope other people here give it a shot too, not many cool games like that released these days.

On another note, Invincible Knight is on the HK store with a demo to play it, simply you are a knight on a horse that can accelerate and destroy enemies the faster he goes, it's a 2d side scroller and must be played to appreciated, you only get to play the 1st level, and its a simple game, but has some nice depth to it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ah, then you had wanted to say "former", not "latter". :) Thanks for the clarification.[/QUOTE]
The latter said that it's available to PS+ users for a week while the former said it's only on PSN for a week.

[quote name='uncle5555']Finally, such a cool and unique game, and yet no one's talking about it...what's that about.

Plus I'd have to say Grasshopper and Digital Reality didn't do the best to get the word out for it too.

Still will be picking this up this weekend, and I hope other people here give it a shot too, not many cool games like that released these days.[/quote]
Looking at my email history, I can only see two emails about Black Knight Sword from the PR company, which were sent out on December 6 and Today.

Looking at my email history, I can only see two emails about Black Knight Sword from the PR company, which were sent out on December 6 and Today.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, there was one press event that was on the official site and youtube channel, and they did very little to no press with any of the game sites I visit.

I just hope word of mouth is enough to help it along it might be short (from initial reports) but it deserves to do well since it does something new and refreshing with a well worn genre.

[quote name='uncle5555']That's what I thought, there was one press event that was on the official site and youtube channel, and they did very little to no press with any of the game sites I visit.

I just hope word of mouth is enough to help it along it might be short (from initial reports) but it deserves to do well since it does something new and refreshing with a well worn genre.[/QUOTE]
In comparison, the same PR company sent out quite a few emails about Sine Mora before and after launch.

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals - Described as "Tons of Sales" and "More Than Could Fit On The Page" and "Maybe Dollar Games This Week or Next" and "Further Discounts for PS+"
Auditorium HD - Permanent Price Drop
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock - Permanent Price Drop
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - Vita - Permanent Price Drop
Dyad
LocoRoco - Permanent Price Drop
Lumines Electronic Symphony - Vita - Permanent Price Drop
Magic Orbz
Papo & Yo Bundle - Game + Soundtrack
Sega Holiday Bundles

Games
Batman Arkham Asylum
Dogfight 1942
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Karateka
Labyrinth Legends
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Knytt Underground - Cross Buy
Zombie Driver HD

Minis
Hotel Mogul

Demos
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
Dogfight 1942
Fuel Overdose
Karateka
The Unfinished Swan
When Vikings Attack

Add-ons
Dead or Alive 5
Jeopardy
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Sleeping Dogs
Wheel of Fortune

Music
Papo & Yo Soundtrack

Vita Games
Burn The Rope
Knytt Underground - Cross Buy
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath - $14.99
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Vita Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet

PlayStation Mobile
Cosmic Cleanup
I Will Be The God of the Forest
Tobibon

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Why is SSF IV such a big download?! I'm only at 20%.[/QUOTE]

No idea.

Mine finished over two nights (where my PS3 turns on for a couple hours and auto-updates, etc.) but yeah, that size is ridiculous. It isn't like its on two discs on 360 or anything. Lazy coding?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/16/the-drop-week-of-december-17th-2012-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:
Vita

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Sonic the Hedgehog and all the rest of SEGA’s great cast of characters hit the road again in this sequel to the hit racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed offers convertible vehicles, brand new characters, and killer All-Stars moves! Following on from the huge success of Sonic & SEGA All-Star’s Racing, the characters now have their own unique transforming vehicles designed to take advantage of the varying terrain. The line-up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favorites — including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi — return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia.

PSN

Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath - (PS Vita) – Oddworld just got … Stranger. In Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath, players step into the role of the Stranger, a rough and tumble bounty hunter who tracks down outlaws for moolah. Using a special weapons system that gives a whole new meaning to “live” ammo, players encounter deviant species and hostile challenges along the way. Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath combines first and third-person gameplay with familiar Oddworld elements and an all-new engine to deliver a unique gameplay experience.

Originally released in 2005, Stranger’s Wrath has been faithful reproduced on PlayStation Vita with a raft of enhancements, including: stunning HD visuals (with improved character models as well as new detail-enhancing effects such as normal mapping and self-shadowing,) re-mastered dialogue and additional bonus material.

Batman: Arkham Asylum – In Batman: Arkham Asylum the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics’ detective to life!
Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum — Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme.

Zombie Driver HD – Fight your way through the streets of a zombie infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city’s population into mindless brain hungry monsters. Time is your enemy and your car is your weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything on your way including fences, phone booths, street lamps and hordes of zombies. When the gruesomely mutated zombies become too much to handle, buy a new car or get more guns and upgrades installed. You can earn more money for finishing side quests, making kill combos and searching for hidden prizes. Game play is unrestricted and the player can freely roam through the dark streets, alleys and backyards searching for the best shortcuts or hidden power ups.

Karateka – Created on an Apple II by Jordan Mechner in his Yale dorm room, Karateka became a #1 bestseller and influenced a generation of gamers with its groundbreaking rotoscoped animation and cinematic cutscenes. 28 years later, Mechner returns to his indie roots with a new take on Karateka for today’s digital game platforms, featuring art by Jeff Matsuda (The Batman) and music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin (Civilization IV).

Whether you are a nostalgic Karateka fan or new to the game, Karateka will charm you with its classic love story set in feudal Japan. Fight to save the lovely Mariko from the evil warlord Akuma and reunite her with her True Love!

Labyrinth Legends – Explore ancient tombs of lost civilizations in Labyrinth Legends. Evade concealed traps. Solve intuitive puzzles. Collect stars and gold, and discover hidden treasure, weapons, artifacts and more. But stay alert to battle foreboding mummies, zombies, ghouls and other monsters hidden in the shadows.

LEGO Lord of the Rings – Explore Middle-earth in an epic and thrilling LEGO video game adventure for the entire family! LEGO The Lord of the Rings brings to life the legendary fantasy saga by J.R.R. Tolkien. The game follows the original storylines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Players can team up in pairs as adorable LEGO The Lord the Rings minifigures to experience countless dangers, solve riddles and battle formidable foes on their journey to Mount Doom.

Knytt Underground (PS Vita/PS3) – Knytt Underground, the sequel to the massively popular Knytt and Knytt Stories, is an exciting platform game offers gamers exploration in an infinitely breathtaking atmosphere.

Burn The Rope (PS Vita) – Burn the Rope is a unique game for the pyro in all of us. All you have to do is feed the fire! In this challenging game, you try to burn as much rope as you can in each level. There’s a catch! The fire only burns upwards, leaving you to tilt and turn your Vita to keep your flame alive!

As you progress through the levels, you’ll encounter bugs crawling along the rope. Different bugs have different reactions to the flame. For example, the ant changes the color of the flame so you can burn different colored ropes, and the spider shoots out a web bridge so you can access parts of the level that you could not before.

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan – Heavy Fire: Afghanistan – The Chosen Few offers blisteringly fast-paced action set in a modern day Afghanistan

minis

Hotel Mogul

Demos

Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013
Dogfight 1942
Fuel Overdose
Karateka
Sound Shapes (PS Vita/PS3)
The Unfinished Swan
When Vikings Attack! (PS Vita/PS3)
Zombie Driver HD

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Burn the Rope sounds a blatant copy of Cut the Rope to me.[/QUOTE]
The only thing that's similar is that they both feature rope.

aMSh8nDzQPVWQr8R6XugxY0HkRvwshiVEdNXZxcNVOImrgoXdh5VjCZw62xA-o4J7DQ

Burn the Rope is about trying to burn the entirety of a design made of rope by rotating the device around to keep it going.

7F8w3PU5rPJmczM06PXU8qNgXxtsS6PtItoLiL4FmJJ4HFQkwmihK-nh_j4H_gutrQg

Cut the Rope is about using physics, rope-cutting, and some other objects to get a piece of candy to a little monster so he can eat it.

oh I didn't actually look up the game. I thought Burn the Rope was literally touching the rope to burn it. When they meant rotating the device I was imagining the way you sometimes have to tilt the device in Cut the Rope but that picture pretty much show the difference. Thanks.

I'm feeling a special kind of dumb right now, but I can't figure out how to get the Beatshapers indie bundle. Did I miss it or am I just doing it wrong? I searched for it on my Vita in the store and don't see it. Looked through the last few pages and didn't see anyone else having trouble except folks who couldn't get it because they already had some game from the bundle. I don't have any of the games already, and would like them all.

Thanks.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...pdate-anomaly-warzone-earth-free-for-members/

This week's PS+ Update:
There’s a lot to love with PlayStation Plus in December. Perhaps you’ve already thought of what a great gift a PS Plus membership makes for your fellow PS3 gamer. Or maybe you’ve been diving into the games in the Instant Game Collection with new additions like BioShock 2, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, and Rochard. Either way, you’ve got more great content on the way with this week’s addition: Anomaly Warzone Earth! You’ll also find some amazing holiday deals on games that you might have missed. Read on to find out more.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 18th PlayStation Plus Update

Anomaly Warzone Earth (PS3)

Free for Plus members

Anomaly Warzone Earth is an extraordinary mixture of action and strategy in a reversed tower defense formula. Call it tower offense, if that’s a bit easier. The game tasks you with saving a near-future Earth from an alien onslaught. The invaders have captured world’s major cities, building huge turrets that destroy everything in their path. It’s up to you to lead an armor squad through the streets of cities like Baghdad and Tokyo, planning the route and strategically choosing which units to deploy in order to crush the opposition. Download it today and experience this fantastic twist on strategy gaming.

Holiday Essentials Sale

Various discounts for Plus members

You may have seen the announcement already, but this week marks the first week of the PSN Holiday Sale! You can check out the full announcement here, but here’s the breakdown of all the games that you’ll be able to get an amazing sale price on for this week:

Game - PSN Sale Price - Plus Sale Price
Catherine - $27.99 PSN - $19.60
Counter Strike Global Offensive - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
Dyad - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
Escape Plan - Vita - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
I am Alive - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
LittleBigPlanet 2 - $13.99 PSN - Free PS+
LittleBigPlanet - Vita - $24.99 PSN - $17.49 PS+
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $6.99 PSN - $4.90 PS+
NHL 13 - $41.99 PSN - $29.40 PS+
Rayman Origins - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
Rayman Origins - Vita - $20.99 PSN - $14.70 PS+
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
Retro/Grade - $6.99 PSN - $4.90 PS+
Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+

SEGA Holiday Sale

Various discounts for Plus members

Our friends at SEGA are also bringing more great games to all of PSN at some truly great prices to celebrate the holidays as well. Just like the PSN Holiday Sale, all PSN gamers get to enjoy some price breaks here, but Plus members get the best deals on the following content:

Game - PSN Sale Price - Plus Sale Price
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Game Only) - $9.99 PSN - $6.99 PS+
SEGA HERITAGE COLLECTION (BUNDLE) - $19.99 PSN - $14.99 PS+
Sonic 4: Ep1 & 2 Full game Bundle - $14.99 PSN - $11.99 PS+
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $9.99 PSN - $7.49 PS+
Hell Yeah Full game - $9.99 PSN - $5.99 PS+
Hell Yeah - Pimp My Rabbit Pack - $1.99 PSN - $1.00 PS+
Hell Yeah - The Virtual Rabbit Mission - $2.99 PSN - $1.50 PS+
After Burner Climax - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Crazy Taxi - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Daytona USA - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Crush - PSP - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Sonic Rivals - PSP - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Sonic Rivals 2 - PSP - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+

That’s it for this week’s update, and remember that the above updates will be in effect once the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. See you next week for more on PlayStation Plus!

While we definitely want you to let us know your thoughts in the comments below, make sure you’re digging in to the PlayStation Community Forums in the Plus space where you’ll find great new information and perspectives from your fellow gamer. Enjoy the update, and see you in the comments.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/17/holiday-essentials-huge-discounts-on-40-must-have-games/

More information on the Holiday Essentials sale:
Here at PlayStation, we’re gearing up for the holiday season. In the spirit of giving, we’re giving you some great discounts on more than 40 titles over the next three weeks. Each week will highlight some of the best PS3, PS Vita and PSN games available in the PlayStation Store. Featuring trippy music/racing hybrid Dyad, PS Vita side-scrolling puzzler Escape Plan, sure-to-become-classics like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Rayman Origins, plus plenty more, we’ve got you covered. Starting today, you can save 30% — or up to 50% for PlayStation Plus members — on a variety of hot games, listed below. If the lineup below isn’t enough, we’ll be refreshing this list with a whole new batch next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31), so stay tuned.

All of these titles will be on sale for one week only — December 18th to December 24th — so head into the PlayStation Store before these discounts melt away. And don’t forget to check back on PSN next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31) for more great discounts on other Holiday Essentials games.

Here at PlayStation, we’re gearing up for the holiday season. In the spirit of giving, we’re giving you some great discounts on more than 40 titles over the next three weeks. Each week will highlight some of the best PS3, PS Vita and PSN games available in the PlayStation Store. Featuring trippy music/racing hybrid Dyad, PS Vita side-scrolling puzzler Escape Plan, sure-to-become-classics like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Rayman Origins, plus plenty more, we’ve got you covered. Starting today, you can save 30% — or up to 50% for PlayStation Plus members — on a variety of hot games, listed below. If the lineup below isn’t enough, we’ll be refreshing this list with a whole new batch next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31), so stay tuned.

All of these titles will be on sale for one week only — December 18th to December 24th — so head into the PlayStation Store before these discounts melt away. And don’t forget to check back on PSN next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31) for more great discounts on other Holiday Essentials games. [/QUOTE]

Let's hope they finally bring Deus Ex HR DLC on sale to the US PSN, it's been on sale 3 times on the UK PSN, which does me no good, I'd like to get it, but not at the price they want for it. **crosses fingers**

Oh and for those that care Metal Gear Rising Demo (over 3GB) on JPN PSN this week, and they had Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 (760Mb) on last week, (not sure if still available) but it's worth checking out

[quote name='uncle5555']
Oh and for those that care Metal Gear Rising Demo (over 3GB) on JPN PSN this week[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that region locked?

A friend said it wouldn't play on his US PS3 on either his normal US account nor his JP account.

[quote name='mguiddy']Wasn't that region locked?

A friend said it wouldn't play on his US PS3 on either his normal US account nor his JP account.[/QUOTE]

It is region locked. A Japanese PS3 is required to play it.
Guess Konami really wants us to buy the ZoE HD Collection. Ken's Rage 2 however it's not so I gotta download that.

Deals
5-in-1 Arcade Hits - PSP/PS3/Vita - $0.99
After Burner Climax - $4.99
Alien Breed Trilogy - $9.19 -
Includes Impact, Assault, and Descent
Alien Breed: Impact - $3.99
Alien Breed 2: Assault - $3.99
Alien Breed 3: Descent - $3.99
Armageddon Riders - $6.49
Auditorium HD - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Blimp: The Flying Adventures - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99
Blue Toad Murder Files - Episodes 2-6 Upgrade - $4.99
Caterpillar - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49
Catherine - $27.99
ClaDun x2 - PSP/Vita - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Counter Strike Global Offensive - $10.49 - Move Compatible
Crazy Taxi - $4.99
Crush - PSP/Vita - $4.99
Daytona USA - $4.99
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dokuro - Vita - $9.99
Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl - PSP/PS3 - $1.49
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - Vita - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dyad - $10.49
Escape Plan - Vita - $10.49
Galcon Labs - PS3/PSP - $1.49
Gold Fever - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49
Gungnir - PSP - $14.99
Hamsterball - $4.99
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - $9.99
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - Pimp My Rabbit Pack - $1.99
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - The Virtual Rabbit Mission - $2.99
Hexyz Force - PSP/Vita - $7.49
Hyperballoid HD - $2.99
I Am Alive - $10.49
The Impossible Game - PS3/PSP - $0.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $2.49
Knights in the Nightmare - PSP/Vita - $7.49
LittleBigPlanet - Vita - $24.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - $13.99 - Move Compatible
LocoRoco - PSP/Vita - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lumines Electronic Symphony - Vita - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $6.99
Magic Orbz - $4.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $4.99
MiniSquadron - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99
NHL 13 - $41.99
Odin Sphere - $4.99
One Epic Game - PSP/PS3/Vita - $0.99
Panda Craze - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49
Pure Chess Festive Bundle - $10.49 -
Full Game + Park & Temple DLC
Pure Chess Festive Bundle - Vita - $10.49 -
Rayman Origins - $13.99
Rayman Origins - Vita - $20.99
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99
Retro/Grade - $6.99 - Guitar Controller Compatible
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Riviera: The Promised Land - PSP/Vita - $4.99
Rocks N' Rockets - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49
Sega Genesis Collection - PSP - $9.99
Sega Heritage Collection Bundle - $19.99 -
Includes Sonic Adventure 2 w/DLC & Theme, Jet Set Radio, and Nights Into Dreams
Shapo - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49
Sky Fighter - $4.99
Smash Cars - $7.49
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I & II Bundle - $14.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - $9.99
Sonic Rivals - PSP/Vita - $6.99
Sonic Rivals 2 - PSP/Vita - $6.99
Sports Champions 2/Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest Bundle - $29.99 - 10.3 GB - Move Required
Stick Man Rescue - PSP/PS3/Vita - $1.49
Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49
Susume Tactics! - PSP - $2.49
Two Worlds II Velvet Game of the Year Edition - $9.99
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - $9.99
Wakeboarding HD w/Dynamic Theme - $4.99
Worms - $3.25
Worms 2: Armageddon - $5.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Battle Pack - $1.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Forts Pack - $1.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Mayhem Pack - $1.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Puzzle Pack - $1.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - Time Attack - $1.99
Worms: Battle Islands - PSP/Vita - $6.19
Worms Crazy Golf - $2.49
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $5.99
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Customization Pack - $1.99
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Multiplayer Pack - $1.99
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Single-Player Pack - $1.99
Worms Revolution - $10.49
Worms Revolution - Funfair Pack - $3.49
Worms Revolution - Mars Pack - $3.49
Worms Revolution - Medieval Tales Pack - $3.49
Yggdra Union - PSP/Vita - $4.99
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - PSP/Vita - $19.99
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack Bundle - $12.99 -
Full Game + Soundtrack

Games
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $19.99 - 6.6 GB
DmC Devil May Cry - $59.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme
Dogfight 1942 - $9.99 - 2.7 GB - Move Compatible
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan - $14.99 - 2.2 GB - Move Compatible
Karateka - $9.99 - 893 MB
Knytt Underground - $14.99 - 1.5 GB - Cross Buy
Labyrinth Legends - $9.99 - 305 MB
LEGO Lord of the Rings - $49.99 - 7.8 GB
Metro: Last Light - $59.99 - 5.3 GB - Pre-order with LE Ranger Pack & Homefront
Zombie Driver HD - $9.99 - 1 GB

PS2 Classics
Bully - $9.99 - 4.3 GB
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix - $9.99 - 8 GB
Red Dead Revolver - $9.99 - 2.2 GB

Minis
Hotel Mogul - PS3/PSP/Vita - $2.99 - 19.8 MB

Demos
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 - 1.1 GB
Dogfight 1942 - 2.7 GB
Fuel Overdose - 162 MB
Karateka - 893 MB
Sound Shapes - 584 MB
The Unfinished Swan - 1.5 GB
When Vikings Attack! - 660 MB
Zombie Driver HD - 1 GB

Add-ons
Angry Birds Trilogy - Anger Management Pack - $4.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Christmas Mini Set - $7.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Christmas Mini Set 2 - $7.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Lil' SantasDead or Alive 5 - $2.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Lil' Santas 2 - $2.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Santa's Naughty Girls - $2.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Santa's Naughty Girls 2 - $2.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Santa's Nice Girls - $2.99
Dead or Alive 5 - Santa's Nice Girls 2 - $2.99
Guardians of Middle Earth - Bert - $1.99
Guardians of Middle Earth - Bilbo - $1.99
Guardians of Middle Earth - Great Goblin - $1.99
Guardians of Middle Earth - Thorin - $1.99
Jeopardy! - New Clues Pack - $4.99
Just Dance 4 - "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd featuring Astro - $2.99
Just Dance 4 - "Heavy Cross" by Gossip - $2.99
Just Dance 4 - "One Direction" by One Thing - $2.99
Just Dance 4 - "Hit The Lights" by Selena Gomez and the Scene - $2.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Cross-Control Level Kit - $4.99 - Vita Required
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Marvel Heroes Costume Pack - $5.99 - Includes the five costumes below - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Black Bolt Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Black Widow Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Iron Fist Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Nova Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Star-Lord Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Winter Seasonal Creator Kit - Free
Rock Band 3 - Elton John Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Global Warfighter Shortcut Pack - $19.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Assaulter Shortcut Pack - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Demolitions Shortcut Pack - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Heavy Gunner Shortcut Pack - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Point Man Shortcut Pack - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Sniper Shortcut Pack - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Spec Ops Shortcut Pack - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Zero Dark Thirty - $9.99
MotorStorm RC - Rare Supermini Frosty - $0.49 - Cross Buy
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Ultimate Speed Pack - $9.99
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Bad Dudes Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Classic Pack Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Fun Pack Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Heroes Pack Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Super Pack Costumes - $14.99 - Cross Buy
Rage - The Scorchers - $4.99
Rock Band 3 - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" by Elton John - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "The Bitch is Back" by Elton John - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "All Bodies" by Between the Buried and Me - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Fight the Rain" by Scratching the Itch - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Fur Elise (Beethoven)" by Magnefora - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - "So High" by Lee-Leet - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Sweet Rain" by Weeping Buddhas - $1.99
Rocksmith - Foo Fighters Song Pack - $11.99 - Includes the five songs below
Rocksmith - "Best of You" by Foo Fighters - $2.99
Rocksmith - "My Hero" by Foo Fighters - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Times Like These" by Foo Fighters - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Walk" by Foo Fighters - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Wheels" by Foo Fighters - $2.99
Sleeping Dogs - Zodia Tournament Pack - $4.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Neudorf Outpost - $4.99
Wheel of Fortune - The Puzzle Pack - $3.49

Videos
Absolute Supercars Trailer
Deadpool Trailer
Developer Diary The Vehicles of Dust 514
F1 Race Stars Launch Trailer
F1 Race Stars Parody Ad 1 - KERS
F1 Race Stars Parody Ad 2 - Bottle Rocket
Fuel Overdose Action Trailer
Jetpack Joyride Launch Trailer
Metro: Last Light Survivors The Preacher
Need for Speed Most Wanted Launch Trailer
Papo & Yo Developer Diary 2 Music and Sound
Sound Shapes DLC 1 Trailer
Sound Shapes Level Editor Trailer

Premium Themes
Abstract - $1.99
Beach Life - $1.99
Big Name BMX - $1.99
Blue Cozy Fireplace - $2.99 - Dynamic
Christmas Cuties 2 - $1.99
Christmas Wishes - $2.99 - Dynamic
Claus of War 2 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Cozy Fireplace - $2.99 - Dynamic
Cozy Fireplace 2 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dark Christmas - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dead Kittie Beautiful Decay - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dead Kitty Deirdre - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dead Kittie Gnawing Nora - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dead Kittie Lilacs In The Forest - $2.99 - Dynamic
Lunarcy - $2.99 - Dynamic
Snowboarding Stars - $1.99

Wallpaper
Armageddon Riders
Derrick the Deathfin
Jetpack Joyride
Machinarium (6)
Planets Under Attack (2)

Music
Papo & Yo Original Soundtrack - $4.25
Zombie Driver HD Original Soundtrack - $4.99

Apps
Pulse Elite Manager

Vita Games
Burn the Rope - $3.99 - 31.5 MB
Knytt Underground - $14.99 - 1.5 GB - Cross Buy
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - $14.99 - 1.4 GB
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 - 1.4 GB

Vita Demos
Sound Shapes - 537 MB
When Vikings Attack - 573 MB

Vita Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Heroes Costume Pack - $5.99 - Includes the five costumes below - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Black Bolt Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Black Widow Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Iron Fist Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Nova Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Star-Lord Costume - $1.99 - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Timesaver Unlock Pack - $2.99
MotorStorm RC - Rare Supermini Frosty - $0.49 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Bad Dudes Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Classic Pack Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Fun Pack Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Heroes Pack Costumes - $4.99 - Cross Buy
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Super Pack Costumes - $14.99 - Cross Buy
------------------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
After Burner Climax - $2.50
Catherine - $19.59
Counter Strike Global Offensive - $7.34 - Move Compatible
Crazy Taxi - $2.50
Crush - PSP/Vita - $2.50
Daytona USA - $2.50
Dyad - $7.34
Escape Plan - Vita - $7.34
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - $5.99
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - Pimp My Rabbit Pack - $1.00
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - The Virtual Rabbit Mission - $1.50
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - 2.00
I Am Alive - $7.34
LittleBigPlanet - Vita - $17.49
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $4.89
NHL 13 - $29.39
Papo & Yo Original Soundtrack - $3.40
Pure Chess Festive Bundle - $6.29 -
Pure Chess Festive Bundle - Vita - $6.39 -
Rayman Origins - $9.79
Rayman Origins - Vita - $14.69
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79
Retro/Grade - $4.89 - Guitar Controller Compatible
Sega Heritage Collection Bundle - $14.99 -
Includes Sonic Adventure 2 w/DLC & Theme, Jet Set Radio, and Nights Into Dreams
Smart As... - Vita - $20.24
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I & II Bundle - $11.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II - $7.49
Sonic Rivals - PSP/Vita - $4.89
Sonic Rivals 2 - PSP/Vita - $4.89
Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34
Two Worlds II Velvet Game of the Year Edition - $5.00
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - $6.99

Games
Anomaly Warzone Earth - 599 MB

Full Game Trials
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 6.6 GB

Expiring Next Week for PS+:

Deals
Catherine - $19.59
Counter Strike Global Offensive - $7.34 - Move Compatible
Dyad - $7.34
Escape Plan - Vita - $7.34
I Am Alive - $7.34
LittleBigPlanet - Vita - $17.49
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $4.89
NHL 13 - $29.39
Rayman Origins - $9.79
Rayman Origins - Vita - $14.69
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79
Retro/Grade - $4.89 - Guitar Controller Compatible
Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34

Games
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita

Last edited by a moderator:
The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Retro City Rampage - PS3/Vita

Yep, that's it for what they'd tell us about next week. Don't expect much and enjoy the holidays.

[quote name='mguiddy']Wasn't that region locked?

A friend said it wouldn't play on his US PS3 on either his normal US account nor his JP account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='StrangeInStereo']It is region locked. A Japanese PS3 is required to play it.
Guess Konami really wants us to buy the ZoE HD Collection. Ken's Rage 2 however it's not so I gotta download that.[/QUOTE]

Hmm did not know that until you two mentioned it, bummer. I was going to mess with system settings, but then said fuck it and deleted the damned thing. :lol:

Oh and FotNS Ken's Rage 2 is everything that the first wasn't faster, better combos, everything's awesome except one thing, needs more gore, but that's only because I'm a purist with that series and if they can show it in the the 80's anime (albeit slightly censored) they could do it here as well. Will be getting it to finally play as Rei like I should have been able to (less clunkier) in the first game.

Fans of the series should be happy to have a game of this quality coming out.

Deals
Duke Nukem Forever - $13.99 - Ends 12/30
Galaga Legions DX - $6.99 - Ends 12/30
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation - Vita - $12.49 - Ends 12/30
Journey - $10.49 - Ends 12/30
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $10.49 - Ends 12/30
Mafia II - $13.99 - Ends 12/30
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD - $10.49 - Ends 12/30
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Vita - $24.49 - Ends 12/30
Mortal Kombat - $20.99 - Ends 12/30
Papo & Yo - $10.49 - Ends 12/30
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - $10.49 - Ends 12/30
Retro City Rampage - PS3/Vita - $9.99 - Ends 12/30
Simpsons The Arcade Game - $6.99 - Ends 12/30
Starhawk - $27.99 - Ends 12/30
Unit 13 - Vita - $24.99 - Ends 12/30

Games
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition - $11.99 - Full Game + All DLC
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD - $9.99 - 1.2 GB

Demos
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD - 1.2 GB

Add-ons
F1 Race Stars - Canada Track - $4.99
F1 Race Stars - China Track - $4.99
F1 Race Stars - India Track - $4.99
MotorStorm RC - Double Expansion Value Pack - $3.99 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Value Pack - $0.99 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Vehicle Value Pack - $0.99 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Special Vehicle Value Pack - $2.79 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Veteran Vehicle Value Pack - $1.99 - Cross Buy

Premium Themes
NBA Dynasty Boston Celtics - $2.99 - Dynamic
NBA Dynasty Bulls - $2.99 - Dynamic
NBA Dynasty Detroit Pistons - $2.99 - Dynamic
NBA Dynasty LA Lakers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NBA Dynasty Miami Heat - $2.99 - Dynamic
NBA Dynasty Philadelphia 76ers - $2.99 - Dynamic
NBA Dynasty Spurs - $2.99 - Dynamic

Vita Games
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition - $11.99 - Full Game + All DLC

Vita Add-ons
MotorStorm RC - Double Expansion Value Pack - $3.99 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Elite Vehicle Value Pack - $0.99 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Mischief Vehicle Value Pack - $0.99 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Special Vehicle Value Pack - $2.79 - Cross Buy
MotorStorm RC - Veteran Vehicle Value Pack - $1.99 - Cross Buy

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Duke Nukem Forever - $9.79 - Ends 12/30
Galaga Legions DX - $4.89 - Ends 12/30
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation - Vita - $8.74 - Ends 12/30
Journey - $7.34 - Ends 12/30
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.34 - Ends 12/30
Mafia II - $9.79 - Ends 12/30
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD - $7.34 - Ends 12/30
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Vita - $17.14 - Ends 12/30
Mortal Kombat - $14.69 - Ends 12/30
Papo & Yo - $7.34 - Ends 12/30
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - $7.34 - Ends 12/30
Simpsons The Arcade Game - $4.89 - Ends 12/30
Starhawk - $19.59- Ends 12/30
Unit 13 - Vita - $17.49 - Ends 12/30

Games
Retro City Rampage - PS3/Vita - 69 MB

Wish I hadn't spent $15 on RCR at launch, I still haven't finished it. Oh well.

MGS Vita is tempting to have installed on the go for $17. If I hadn't bought it at that price from Gamefly I'd be more interested, though.

Rats, missed Retro/Grade and Rayman Origins. I wish this PSN update occurred on Tuesday like it usually does.

In for Hell Yeah!, Journey, Quest for Booty, and Papo & Yo. I wonder why they only had Snake Eater on sale and not the whole collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was on sale for the past week. You missed it.[/QUOTE]

it ended

bread's done
Back