What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='Halo05']Good week for PSP stuff.

I might be down for Loco Roco 2 and Killzone Liberation.[/QUOTE]

Will probably pick up Killzone and Buzz! Any recommendations on MotorStorm or Jak & Daxter for the price?

Also, great deals on Patapon and LocoRoco, those are two of my favorites!

Hopefully the UMD versions of Jak and Daxter, and Motorstorm are about the same price at retail. I bought the Flower Soundtrack which has a weird way on how you get the tracks on your PS3 by downloading a game, installing it, then importing MP3 files to your music folder, but they are 256kbps DRM Free MP3s which is what I wanted.

Also I got Loco Roco 2 on UMD for 20 bucks a few weeks ago. WTF.

Meh, might dl some videos. Enter the obligatory complaining about why a particular PS1 classic is not available to add to someone's backlog earlier than planned.

[quote name='fizzywix']Will probably pick up Killzone and Buzz! Any recommendations on MotorStorm or Jak & Daxter for the price?

Also, great deals on Patapon and LocoRoco, those are two of my favorites![/QUOTE]

Motorstorm is great for that price. Nice graphics, and a good sense of speed. If you own a psp, and want a racer I'd go with the original Burnouts from a few years ago, and Motorstorm.

Damn, crappy week for a non-PSP owners. Oh, and those thinking about jumping on the Turtles: Reshelled game, heed my words, do NOT blind buy, try the demo out first.

[quote name='FroMann']Hopefully the UMD versions of Jak and Daxter, and Motorstorm are about the same price at retail.
[/QUOTE]

I saw the UMD of Motorstorm at Wal-mart for $20 today. No idea if it's a chain-wide drop but it might be worth checking out. I can't remember if they had J&D.

I read somewhere this week that there was some classic game coming to PSN that was $1... It was originally on the iPhone or somewhere like that. It was a shmup or something. Damn, I wish I would have saved that article..

If anyone knows, please let us know.

[quote name='beane316']I know the Wii posts on Mondays at noon EST...what time on Thursday does the PSN store usually update?[/QUOTE]

Random times, usually in the evenings. I usually see it around 10pm EST. It updates later if there's stuff you actually want, earlier if it is all garbage. With the release of Final Fight, I expect the update to occur exactly ten minutes after I give up waiting and decide to go to bed.

[quote name='Halo05']Random times, usually in the evenings. I usually see it around 10pm EST. It updates later if there's stuff you actually want, earlier if it is all garbage. With the release of Final Fight, I expect the update to occur exactly ten minutes after I give up waiting and decide to go to bed.[/QUOTE]

Well, since I have to close tonight, it should probably be ready for me. Awesome to get up early for nothing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's usually between 4-7 PM EST.[/QUOTE]

Last couple of weeks its been around 8-10 PM EST. =/ Like that one guy said. If its something good going to be up it seems to be way later.

I hope you're not going off of my post times for the times since I don't get a post up until I notice that there's an update and type it up, which could be a good 30-45 minutes later.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I hope you're not going off of my post times for the times since I don't get a post up until I notice that there's an update and type it up, which could be a good 30-45 minutes later.[/QUOTE]

I'm not. Sadly I sign on psn several times to see when its up since I have nothing better to do. :lol:

Sometimes the stuff is already there but it doesn't show up in the new releases until later. Like now, I bought the Zen table and the Magic Orbz addons by going to the Addons section. They don't show up in the New Release list though.

Right on time at 7 PM. ;) Road to the Show points are still #1 and NBA Unrivaled charted, so people seem to be willing to spend money on questionable stuff.

Deals
Wipeout HD - $9.99 - Expires: 4/22
Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Uno - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
TV Show King - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tank Battles - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Avatar - PSP - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Driver 76 - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy's EndWar - Escalation Pack - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy's HAWX - Russian Falcons Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Topatoi Bundle - $13.99 - Includes both episodes
Burnout Paradise - Complete Edition Bundle - $29.99 - Ends 3/31
Burnout Paradise - Complete Downloadable Content Bundle - $19.99 - Ends 3/31
Topatoi - $7.99 - Temporary Sale
Vempire - PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Eye of Indra Motion Comics Bundle - $2.49

The Tester
The Tester - Winner Interview - Free

Pulse
Pulse - 4/15 Edition - Free

Games
Final Fight: Double Impact - $9.99
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone - Subscribers Only

PS1 Classics
XS Junior League Dodgeball - $5.99 - 244 MB

Demos
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone
Skate 3

Add-ons
Grand Theft Auto IV - The Lost and Damned - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - The Ballad of Gay Tony - $19.99
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack - $2.99
Zen Pinball - Excalibur Table - $2.49
Hustle Kings - Crazy Tables Hex Crazy - Free
Pain - Fluffer Character - $0.99
Dante's Inferno - Devil Pack - $2.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Ultimate Warriors Pack 4 - Free
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - Quest Pack 4 - Free
Guitar Hero 5 - "Addicted" by Saving Abel - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects - $1.99\
Guitar Hero 5 - "There's No Other Way" by Blur - $1.99
Rock Band - The Used Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Blood On My Hands" by The Used - $1.99
Rock Band - "Born To Quit" by The Used - $1.99
Rock Band - "The Taste Of Ink" by The Used - $1.99
Rock Band - "Empty Walls" by Serj Tankian - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sky Is Over" by Serj Tankian - $1.99
Rock Band - "All Star" by Smash Mouth - $1.99

Videos
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe Trailer
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake Trailer
ModNation Racers – BTS: Mod Studio
ModNation Racers – BTS: Kart Studio
ModNation Racers – BTS: The Story
Anarchy: Rush Hour Trailer
2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa Official Trailer
Army Of Two: Fortieth Day Chapters Of Deceit Developer Diary Network Trailer
Need For Speed: Shift Exotic Racing Series Trailer

Themes
Patchwork Heroes - Free - PSP Only

Premium Themes
South Park Anime - $1.99
South Park Anime PSP - $1.99
Megaman 10 2 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Sushi - $1.99

Wallpaper
Patchwork Heroes

PSP Games
Mimana Iyar Chronicle - $34.99 - 443 MB

PSP Minis
Monopoly - $4.99 - 67 MB
Telegraph Sudoku & Kakuro - $2.99 - 11 MB
Sheep Defense - $1.99 - 6 MB - PSP Only
Sweet Reversi - $1.99 - 8 MB - PSP Only
Tonzurakko - $1.99 - 6 MB - PSP Only

PSP Add-ons
Buzz! Quiz World - National Geographic Kids Quiz - $3.99
LittleBigPlanet - Temples Costumes - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Temples Theme Pack - $2.99

Junior League Dodgeball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to sell 10 copies max.

PSN is just losing out on my money. In the past week I have bought Star Ocean 2 and FF9 PS1 copies because I am sick of waiting.

In the video store, Danger Coast season1:episode 1 is also free (whatever the hell it is), along with V episode 5 thats been up for a lil bit now. Wonder why they chose that episode and not the premiere to get people into it?!?!

It says just Tuesday and the switch happens on May 4, so I'm guessing that we'll have two updates in less than a week to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatez']hmmm... well this sucks. it appears that final fight isn't shareable... :([/QUOTE]
I'm not interested in sharing, but how can this be?

Apparently it requires an active PSN connection to launch. I sorta wish I had known that before I bought it. Yeah, I have internet today but if some shit goes down and I don't have it in the future, I'm out of Final Fight and Magic Sword until I get it back.

EDIT - And I guess that connection has to be the account that purchased it. I should try and play it through my Japanese account and see what happens.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Shoot1up's an Xbox Live Indie Game, not an XBLA game. Big difference.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, don't have a 360... I stand corrected.

Is the game any good?

I'm definitely excited about Shoot1UP.
Indie to PSN would be a first.

---

Can anyone tell me of the Final Fight save is locked please?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It says just Tuesday and the switch happens on May 4, so I'm guessing that we'll have two updates in less than a week to start.[/QUOTE]

Or go 11 days without one.

[quote name='dallow']

Can anyone tell me of the Final Fight save is locked please?[/QUOTE]

yes it is locked damn you capcom

[quote name='FroMann']If you don't own WipEout HD, BUY IT NOW![/QUOTE]

For those who'd prefer to try it out first there is a demo version on the HK PSN 1gb d/l (it is the full game, that needs an unlock code that has to be purchased from the HK store)

This way they can make their minds up by actually playing it first, I played it was kinda meh about it, but I thought it was nice looking, but just not for me.

[quote name='fatez']hmmm... well this sucks. it appears that final fight isn't shareable... :([/QUOTE]

Anybody know why this is? A new trend to lock down on Gamesharing? Would be interested why they locked this particular game down and if this is going to be happening in the future or not. (if it is, they better expect less purchases from me as I like to split the cost with my nephew on some of the games we buy) :cry:

Edit: Thanks for explaining Halo, and that sucks big time, I won't purchase any games that require a persistent internet connection...EVER. I just finished Mercs 2 recently, and if I had to connect to their servers every time to play I'd never have gotten to play it since it always crashes the game, it should be an optional thing to do, not mandatory, and I do know you can change the setting in the options, or just disconnect your internet connection.

Shame on Capcom for this new trend that I believe isn't something we needed. Wonder how long before they patch it to remove that feature?

Yeah let us know if it works being logged into your different profiles or not. Would be curious how it logs you when you play it, by IP or a key store on your US account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']Ugh, Capcom always does this.[/QUOTE]

Like I posted in another thread, they've only ever unlocked saves a small handful of times, and then only because of complaints and then via the game update feature. I think it's a stupid thing to do that since there is no way to back up your save data.

logging into a different account wont allow you to play final fight, it has to be on the same account that purchased the game. so far it only works on 1 device at a time, any other attempts will result in a 24 hour lock out.

Interesting note about Final Fight - You don't have to remain logged in to continue playing it. I was going through FF solo last night and got the "You've been disconnected from the Playstation Network" message. It paused gameplay for a couple seconds but didn't kick me out of the game or prevent me from earning trophies and the like.

Still pissed about the whole situation. On 360 I'd have to deal with the shitty gamepad because I can't remap the controls to make them work on a joystick, on PS3 I have to be connected to the internet for at least the beginning of the game. It's more disappointing than anything, the collection obviously had a lot of love poured into it with all the different filters and challenges. I just wish that love had extended to some basic things like customizable controls and less DRM crap.

bread's done
Back