What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='mykevermin']Why is it a problem that the Final Fight Savefile is locked?[/QUOTE]

If you lose your ps3 (ylod, hhd failure, etc). The locked data prevents you from ever saving it to another location (data transfer and back up utility are okay).

Perfect example for me is Dragon Age. Had two different characters all played through, lost my ps3 to YLOD. I thought I would be okay since i backed up my data, but Sony sent me a new ps3. The locked saved data for Dragon Age was not transfered and is the reason I havent gotten the expansion (I want my super sweet gear and weapons!).

Its just annoying, that pretty much the reason.

Oh, I know that too well. I've got an entire PSN account I can't recover because of the DRM they use that renders everything on a HDD useless if the system married to it dies.

Thanks for the info on Final Fight guys, (I guess Capcom isn't getting any bucks for me on this one) if I really need to play Final Fight on a console I'll pick up the Classics Collection for under $10 at Amazon or someplace, might not be as many unlockables or trophies (woohoo :lol:) but I don't have any issues playing it when and how I want. And I already have Magic Sword on CCC Vol 2, so I'm good there.

As I said, I hope this isn't a start of a new trend from Capcom and others with this DRM enabled PSN games. :cry:

[quote name='mykevermin']Why is it a problem that the Final Fight Savefile is locked?[/QUOTE]
Do you mean in my case?

I just want one more chance at fixing my Phat system before I go ahead and send to Sony, so I don't want to play anything that has a locked save on my Slim for the time being since I wouldn't be able to regain the data once I put the HDD from the dead Phat into it.

[quote name='Halo05']Interesting note about Final Fight - You don't have to remain logged in to continue playing it. I was going through FF solo last night and got the "You've been disconnected from the Playstation Network" message. It paused gameplay for a couple seconds but didn't kick me out of the game or prevent me from earning trophies and the like.[/QUOTE]

PS3s are pretty much connected to the internet even if ur not signed in to PSN unless you have never configured your PS3 to connect to the internet. If your internet went down you probably would have been kicked out.

Locked saves are annoying but it's not that bad this time with a short game. It's too bad people out there copy saves instead of playing the full game or skip through the game instead of playing it.

Wait so if your PS3 dies you lose everything on your HDD... you can't get anything back unless you do a transfer first? Now I'm glad I have almost all my saves on usb stick, then again I'll probably never play most of the games again.

I was peeking into the JPN PSN store today to get that Resonance of Fate Tutorial video (look under End of Eternity) and saw some weird thing called Game Diggin well it seems to be two Japanese guys who dress up funny, but the cool thing is they go and do a segment on an old PS1 game and do a playthrough with one of the creators of the game (I d/l'ed Vol. 4.1 which profiled Shadow Tower by From Software creators of Demon's Souls)

Edit: There is 4 Volumes so far, all of them contain 4 parts (for different games I assume), except Vol. 1 which only has two parts, and as I noted below some of them are quite big, also the video is in 480p, so don't expect any HD quality video, there is actually some screen tearing on the video, but it is the content that matters to me more than the video quality.

While they are doing their playthrough with the creator there for commentary and tips on playing (all in Japanese, of course) they do a small segment about half way through and profile some of the other retro games on PSN. They included PC Genjin 2 aka Bonk 2, some 2D fighting game from the 90's by Hamster Co. and Dino Crisis 1.

Just thought I'd give a heads up for those who might want to see some of the stuff on the JPN PSN in "action". I'm going to go and d/l the rest of the videos even though they are quite big (around 300-700+ MB a piece) for me, I think they're worth it just to see some retro games like Shadow Tower in action (even though I'm not a big fan of the King's Field games)

Wished Sony America did something like this, this is a cool little segment, but then again they'd actually have to release some PS1 and other retro content though wouldn't they. :lol: oh yeah....:cry:

Anyway check it out if you think this might interest you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of the JPN Store, small update today. Saw
Battle Ace (PCE) - ¥600
Victory Run (PCE) - ¥600
After Burner Climax - ¥900

There were other things, but I hadn't had my coffee yet and can't remember.

[quote name='uncle5555']I was peeking into the JPN PSN store today to get that Resonance of Fate Tutorial video (look under End of Eternity) and saw some weird thing called Game Diggin well it seems to be two Japanese guys who dress up funny, but the cool thing is they go and do a segment on an old PS1 game and do a playthrough with one of the creators of the game (I d/l'ed Vol. 4.1 which profiled Shadow Tower by From Software creators of Demon's Souls)

Edit: There is 4 Volumes so far, all of them contain 4 parts (for different games I assume), except Vol. 1 which only has two parts, and as I noted below some of them are quite big, also the video is in 480p, so don't expect any HD quality video, there is actually some screen tearing on the video, but it is the content that matters to me more than the video quality.

While they are doing their playthrough with the creator there for commentary and tips on playing (all in Japanese, of course) they do a small segment about half way through and profile some of the other retro games on PSN. They included PC Genjin 2 aka Bonk 2, some 2D fighting game from the 90's by Hamster Co. and Dino Crisis 1.

Just thought I'd give a heads up for those who might want to see some of the stuff on the JPN PSN in "action". I'm going to go and d/l the rest of the videos even though they are quite big (around 300-700+ MB a piece) for me, I think they're worth it just to see some retro games like Shadow Tower in action (even though I'm not a big fan of the King's Field games)

Wished Sony America did something like this, this is a cool little segment, but then again they'd actually have to release some PS1 and other retro content though wouldn't they. :lol: oh yeah....:cry:

Anyway check it out if you think this might interest you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they came out a long time ago. I posted prob nearly a year ago about them. very fun to watch even without understanding anything.

Battle Ace is interesting because it's a SuperGrafx game. Not that I didn't expect the PS3 to be able to emulate it, I just figured that given the PC Engine's monstrously long lifecycle in Japan that there'd be tons of more well known/liked games that would come out first. Bring on the SuperGrafx port of Ghouls N' Ghosts.

For those of you that thought to yourselves, "nah, we'd never have another XS game released for PSN", you were wrong.

XS Moto.

We wait yet another week for Dark Forces...

Great price on R&C Quest for Booty...but I already have. :(

I really want the UC2 Siege DLC, but I'm waiting on my buddies to get it.

Deals
Tom Clancy's HAWK - European Assault Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Tom Clancy's HAWK - US Eagles Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Petz Dogz Family - PSP - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Petz Hamsterz Bunch - PSP - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Petz Saddle Club - PSP - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - $7.49 - Expires: 4/29
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 - Expires: 4/29
Uno - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
TV Show King - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tank Battles - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Burnout Paradise - Complete Edition Bundle - $29.99 - Temporary Sale
Burnout Paradise - Complete Downloadable Content Bundle - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Topatoi - $7.99 - Temporary Sale
Vempire - PSP - $2.99 - Temporary Sale

Games
After Burner Climax - $9.99
Hyperballoid HD - $4.99
Puzzle Chronicles - $9.99
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - $9.99

PS1 Classics
XS Moto - $5.99 - 59 MB

Demos
Lost Planet 2

Add-ons
Buzz! Quiz World - The '00 Quiz - $5.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Siege Expansion Pack - $5.99
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone Track - $7.99
Guitar Hero 5 - Phoenix Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Everything Is Everything" by Phoenix - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Lisztomania" by Phoenix - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "1901" by Phoenix - $1.99
Rock Band - Coheed & Cambria Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "The Broken" by Coheed & Cambria - $1.99
Rock Band - "Guns of Summer" by Coheed & Cambria - $1.99
Rock Band - "Here We Are Juggernaut" by Coheed & Cambria - $1.99
Rock Band - "American Music" by The Violent Femmes - $1.99
Rock Band - "Peek-a-Boo" by Siouxsie & The Banshees - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sun Hits the Sky" by Supergrass - $1.99
Rock Band - "Australia" by The Shins - $1.99
Rock Band - "Code Monkey" by Jonathan Coulton - $1.99
Rock Band - "Drunken Lullabies (Live)" by Flogging Molly - $1.99
Rock Band - "Even Rats" by The Slip - $1.99
Rock Band - "For the Love of God (Live)" by Steve Vai - $1.99

Game Videos
MLB 10: The Show Opening Day Trailer
ModNation Racers UFG Tutorial: Mod Creation
ModNation Racers UFG Tutorial: Kart Creation
ModNation Racers UFG Tutorial: Track Creation
3D Dot Game Heroes: Promo Trailer #2 Most Interesting Hero In 3D
Lost Planet 2 Developer Diary: Story
Red Dead Redemption: Gentlemen And Vagabonds
Red Dead Redemption: Lawmen
Red Dead Redemption: The Women
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Debut Trailer
Tecmo Bowl Throwback Trailer

Themes
Modnation Racers (2)

Premium Themes
American Flags - $1.49
American Flags PSP 1 - $1.99
American Flags PSP 2 - $1.99
Tentakill - $1.49
Underwater Disco - $1.49
Atlanta Hawks - $1.99
Atlanta Hawks PSP - $1.49
Boston Celtics - $1.99
Boston Celtics PSP - $1.49
Charlotte Bobcats - $1.99
Charlotte Bobcats PSP - $1.49
Chicago Bulls - $1.99
Chicago Bulls PSP - $1.49
Cleveland Cavaliers - $1.99
Cleveland Cavaliers PSP - $1.49
Dallas Mavericks - $1.99
Dallas Mavericks PSP - $1.49
Denver Nuggets - $1.99
Denver Nuggets PSP - $1.49
Los Angeles Lakers - $1.99
Los Angeles Lakers PSP - $1.49
Miami Heat - $1.99
Miami Heat PSP - $1.49
Milwaukee Bucks - $1.99
Milwaukee Bucks PSP - $1.49
Oklahoma City Thunder - $1.99
Oklahoma City Thunder PSP - $1.49
Orlando Magic - $1.99
Orlando Magic PSP - $1.49
Phoenix Suns - $1.99
Phoenix Suns PSP - $1.49
Portland Trailblazers - $1.99
Portland Trailblazers PSP - $1.49
San Antonio Spurs - $1.99
San Antonio Spurs PSP - $1.49
Utah Jazz - $1.99
Utah Jazz PSP - $1.49

Applications
MBL.TV - Free

PSP Games
Uno - $7.99 - 29 MB

PSP Minis
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess! - $4.99 - 101 MB
Hysteria Project - $1.99 - 83 MB
Homerun Hitters - $1.99 - 7.02 MB - PSP Only
Shogi - $1.99 - 10 MB - PSP Only
Charge! Tank Squad! - $1.99 - 7 MB - PSP Only

PSP Add-ons
The Eye of Judgment Legends - Card Expansion Pack Volume 2 - $1.99

[quote name='mtxbass1']For those of you that thought to yourselves, "nah, we'd never have another XS game released for PSN", you were wrong.

XS Moto.

We wait yet another week for Dark Forces...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they broke the 100 PSOne Classics mark with a hunk of junk title nobody was interested in in 2000, let alone 2010.

[quote name='gunm']If you liked the old point-and-click adventure games on PC, sure.[/QUOTE]

Never played any, but that shouldn't matter. Or are you saying this hasn't aged well and needs to rely on nostalgia?

Haven't played any of the Monkey Island games before the SE of Secret on XBLA and enjoyed it a lot. If you're into adventure games and can handle it being difficult, from what I've heard, it should be a lot of fun.

Are you buying PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe now that it's hitting the magical $9.99 price point that you complained it should've been in the first place?

That's a shame since you were so angry about it at the time. It makes the PS3 version completely unappealing now.

Also, What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? (formerly Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!) is back in the store under its new name and is now $7.99.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Never played any, but that shouldn't matter. Or are you saying this hasn't aged well and needs to rely on nostalgia?[/QUOTE]

Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate strongly insists you purchase it.

The game holds up very, very well. The new HD presentation should make it more palatable for the new generation. If you're looking for a funny game that will make you think, this is a great one.

monkey island is be buggy as hell for me. froze up on me three time already and I've been playing for maybe an hour.....very pissed!!! The screen just goes black and all I can do is hit pause to bring up that menu.

Revenge of the Wounded Dragons isn't bad I picked it up last night decent 720p graphics coupled with some straightforward side scrolling butt kicking, reminds me of BRUCE LEE for the GBA a little with all the punching,kicking and wall jumping, and ledge grabbing. Worth 4.99 for me.

[quote name='apocrypha']Revenge of the Wounded Dragons isn't bad I picked it up last night decent 720p graphics coupled with some straightforward side scrolling butt kicking, reminds me of BRUCE LEE for the GBA a little with all the punching,kicking and wall jumping, and ledge grabbing. Worth 4.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

It's very much worth the $4.99. FINALLY I have something to spend my hundreds of PSN dollars on...

[quote name='apocrypha']Revenge of the Wounded Dragons isn't bad I picked it up last night decent 720p graphics coupled with some straightforward side scrolling butt kicking, reminds me of BRUCE LEE for the GBA a little with all the punching,kicking and wall jumping, and ledge grabbing. Worth 4.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

It's very much worth the $4.99. FINALLY I have something to spend my hundreds of PSN dollars on...

[quote name='shadowkast']monkey island is be buggy as hell for me. froze up on me three time already and I've been playing for maybe an hour.....very pissed!!! The screen just goes black and all I can do is hit pause to bring up that menu.[/QUOTE]

Just finished the game last night. I encountered two bugs - one where I moved to another screen and the cloud background loaded, but nothing else. I had to quit to the main menu and load to get back in. The other was a brief stutter where the game seemed to pause between each movement. It only lasted for a few seconds, thankfully.

How does it compare to Invincible Tiger? Also is there online play or just local?

Sinistar
I have only played the demo of Invincible Tiger on the 360 it grabbed me but I am feeling Wounded Dragons more , it only has local co-op with online leaderboards as I found out last night when I went to play online

[quote name='thelonepig']Just finished the game last night. I encountered two bugs - one where I moved to another screen and the cloud background loaded, but nothing else. I had to quit to the main menu and load to get back in. The other was a brief stutter where the game seemed to pause between each movement. It only lasted for a few seconds, thankfully.[/QUOTE]
yeah, got the cloud screen three times....gave up for a few days. Played about an hour last night and got the black screen again......getting annoying:bomb:

Loving the UC2 DLC.. got to be the best DLC yet. If anyone wants to play co-op please hit me up.

MGO_Count

I want to play with people I know rather than people who has no teamwork instincts..

900MB and change, I think?

I can confirm when I get home this evening, but I'm thinking it was around 924-925MB.

And not only that, it hasn't held up over time. Ick.

[quote name='mykevermin']900MB and change, I think?

I can confirm when I get home this evening, but I'm thinking it was around 924-925MB.

And not only that, it hasn't held up over time. Ick.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to need a 16 gig stick soon! I never played Grandia the first time around, it's one of those games I always kind of wanted to check out. Sorry to hear that it's aged poorly.

bread's done
Back