What's more profitable? Individual or as a lot

yoyo1316

CAGiversary!
I'm parting ways with my gaming collection, would it be better to sell them as a lot or individually?

I will be selling the first wave of my collection.

Here is the list
Original gameboy, atomic purple gameboy, target brand gameboy advance, Nintendo gameboy advance edition, gameboy micro, all pokemons from gameboy color, gameboy advance and some DS ( some has guides and CIB) and other gameboy/DS games

individual, but if you give the buyer a choice to buy more than one item for a discount that might work as well, but i guess you can't really do that on ebay or any other place that auctions off items

Individual is much more profitable, because a lot of people just need one title to complete their collections and they don't want to deal with buying multiple titles then reselling them in order to recoup funds. However if you want to sell fast bundling games by series is also good. Also its always best to sell off the most expensive, rare games first individually then bundle the lots of things that don't sell so well individually together.

For systems like these, individual is going to be way more profitable because people who are collecting them, may have some of the other ones, and it will probably draw them away from the lot and not get them to bid up. Not to mention that you will get a lot of crappy reseller bids on it, so the bidding might actually end up low because resellers aren't going to hurt their own profit margins by that much.

The games and such, it depends on the games really, since it's rather hit and miss with some of the games on handhelds. Might be a good idea to research the ones that are lower value and then bundle them into a group together, and then the more expensive stuff, sell them separately.

Its also much more profitable to sell all your stuff during the holidays, since the holidays are close you will want to start selling about next month.

[quote name='SaraAB']Its also much more profitable to sell all your stuff during the holidays, since the holidays are close you will want to start selling about next month.[/QUOTE]

That's very true, especially for collector type stuff, the prices generally goes up by 25% at the least.

Sometimes the items stay the same year round if there is a steady market for the item however its usually best to sell during the holidays. There are things that will sell year round for about the same as well though.

If you have an item that you think would make a good Christmas gift then its best to hold it for the holidays.

I have watched prices and I have seen games shoot up more than 50% during the holidays vs prices in the summer time. For the games market you have a lot of buyers coming in and buying games that don't usually buy games, they only buy games during the holidays which leads to more auction traffic and higher prices.

bread's done
Back