What's the best bet for returning two 360 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
If people think this is immoral let me know-maybe I'll just pass on this. I'm not trying to rip anyone off!

Among a (LOT) of other games I picked up Oblivion Game of the Year Edition and Bioshock for the 360 during a B2G1 free deal. I've since decided I'd rather have any multiplatform games on the Playstation 3 or PC (since my newest 360 is still crazy loud). So I'd REALLY like to be able to return/exchange those for games on other platforms (or the Playstation 3 equivalents, when available).

How should I go about doing that, and do you think that would be immoral? I mean they still sell those games, so I don't THINK it is, but I'm open to suggestions/comments :)

It is without a doubt fraud if you return it to a store you didn't buy it from. You can decide for yourself whether it is immoral or not.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What about Toy's Is Us though?[/quote]

No recept no return.

Honestly, I don't suggest doing this, but only Wal-Mart and Target don't require receipts, and it's a limited amount, and only twice a year.

Walmart without a doubt, I've returned 5 Forza/Frenzy sets in the last 2 months for store credit and had no problems but some people say you have 3 returns without receipt a year but I haven't had that issue. Immoral? I can say that about a ton of things, game prices,return policies,taxes and etc... but like Mr Unoriginal said you have to decide for yourself, do I think it's wrong...Nope!

Target doesnt do no receipt return on electronics. Walmart stop doing it for items over $50. As someone who been here since 2004, you should know this question has been ask countless times.

[quote name='Cheapoly']Walmart without a doubt, I've returned 5 Forza/Frenzy sets in the last 2 months for store credit and had no problems but some people say you have 3 returns without receipt a year but I haven't had that issue. Immoral? I can say that about a ton of things, game prices,return policies,taxes and etc... but like Mr Unoriginal said you have to decide for yourself, do I think it's wrong...Nope![/quote]

we dont need people like this encouraging this kind of behavior

ban

Like I said, I'm not trying to rip anyone off, I can do Toy's R Us if they'd allow it, I'm just not sure what's possible. If they'd allow it, I could swap Oblivion for the Playstation version, and Bioshock for something else.

Loud or not I would take the 360 version over the PS3 version of Oblivion any day of the week. Bioshock on 360 is no different then the PC version from what I have seen thus far so what would the point of returning this stuff be? If you own a PS3 keep the good games for the 360 then go out and buy Uncharted & Heavenly Sword for PS3 but maybe thats just me as I refuse to buy multiplatform games for any system that doesn't have the 360 name on it as I am a gamerscore whore.

Its fraud. If you dont think fraud is immoral then you are sociopathic. If you are going to be immoral, at least have the integrity to know it.

Return fraud is return fraud. Unless you return those games to the store or site you bought them from, it's not only immoral but illegal. I'm a reformed return frauder myself. There's no game/cd/dvd or any other thing I could buy with the ill gotten credit worth it if I'm risking fines/jail time for it.

here it goes again.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/pv5zWaTEVkI[/media]

stick to the games and move on. or move on by re-selling or trading the game. i wont repeat what everyone had said already.

[quote name='horrido']Its fraud. If you dont think fraud is immoral then you are sociopathic. If you are going to be immoral, at least have the integrity to know it.[/QUOTE]

Huh, is this in response to me?

[quote name='FreshTekRadio']Loud or not I would take the 360 version over the PS3 version of Oblivion any day of the week.[/quote]

Why? It looks and runs worse, and the system's loud, which bothers me at least. I'd rather have the Playstation or PC verison.

Bioshock on 360 is no different then the PC version from what I have seen thus far

From what I've read at least the PC version looks and runs much better, though I've only played the demo for that one, and not the 360 version.

[quote name='phear3d']here it goes again.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pv5zWaTEVkI

stick to the games and move on. or move on by re-selling or trading the game. i wont repeat what everyone had said already.[/QUOTE]

Okay...but no one's actually addressed the issue yet, at least in terms of Toy's R Us. My original plan was just to trade them in at Gamestop as "used", but then I realized I shouldn't have to get ripped off like that on new games.

Eh too me there were more hiccups in gameplay on the PS3 version then the 360 although the PS3 has slightly quicker load times but the graphical difference is barely noticeable. As for Bioshock if you have built up a supreme PC gaming rig for playing Crysis on then the PC version will be awesome otherwise it is the same game but with mouse & keyboard support. Do what you want obviously as I am not trying to nitpick and instead am offering you my opinion on these titles and there differences as one of us has a job reviewing games and the other one is you lol.

[quote name='horrido']Its fraud. If you dont think fraud is immoral then you are sociopathic. If you are going to be immoral, at least have the integrity to know it.[/QUOTE]

amusingly enough, then what is our democratic government other than immoral? They screw people over everyday and that isn't being talked about!

I don't think it is immoral personally, at best you are screwing with an insurance company, and the company will probably resell it so I really think there is no downside here, so IF you were to do it, then wally world would be your heaven. If you are a good person, you have two options... you can ebay them or trade them in for credit at your local gamestop/ebgames/gamecrazy and get screwed again (like the gov't was fruckin with ya).

Your choice, choose wisely... you will still be burning in hell with me OP!

if you paid via credit card at TRU it should be possible to get a copy of your reciept if you call corporate or talk to a manager.

I get that people don't like this type of thing but where is the harm? If the guy was trying to return a game that was just an empty case with no disc I could see the outrage but he is returning a game that Walmart or whoever can resell.

[quote name='sociopharm02']I get that people don't like this type of thing but where is the harm? If the guy was trying to return a game that was just an empty case with no disc I could see the outrage but he is returning a game that Walmart or whoever can resell.[/quote] so lets say you buy Beowulf for instance. it is now $19.99 as retail. some may still sell them for full price at $59.99. you bought your copy at BB but you found out that TRU has it for $59.99 still. yes they still sell the game, but $40 more than what you pay for. so you're saying that it's ok to return it to them, without a receipt, earning you $40 in cash or maybe in gift cards or whatever, because they can still sell them? tell me thats not wrong.

And for all those who are saying return fraud is return fraud I hope you don't download any music / movies / or games through limewire or something else. Or if you find money on the side of the road, do you turn it in to the proper authorities.

Anyways to the topic at hand. If you're returning it to the store you bought it at then I wouldn't consider it fraud. Yet it's up to your judgement on what you want to do with it. Walmart / Target take back no reciept returns.

It also messes up their inventory. Stores buy as many games as they think they can sell. If 50 people return games to bestbuy they bought at TRU those games won't sell and bestbuy will be stuck with em

Toys R Us is horrible with exchanges. 6 years ago I got a PS2 game as a gift which they claim they got from TRU. I read reviews and they said the Gamecube version was better. I wanted to exchange it for the same game on Gamecube and they wouldn't allow it. This was before gift receipts with every purchase.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Toys R Us is horrible with exchanges. 6 years ago I got a PS2 game as a gift which they claim they got from TRU. I read reviews and they said the Gamecube version was better. I wanted to exchange it for the same game on Gamecube and they wouldn't allow it. This was before gift receipts with every purchase.[/quote]

How is that TRU's fault though? They had no proof it was bought there.

To everyone screaming "fraud," where did he say he was going to try and exchange it where he didn't buy it? If he just wants to exchange a 360 version for a PS3 version, and his 360 version is still sealed, where exactly is the loss here? They get a good CS rep, he gets to play his game on the system he likes, everyone wins.

To the OP, if a store wants to help you out, there's absolutely nothing "immoral" in simply trading sealed copies, so long as their sticker price is the same. With customer service like it is these days, though, I wouldn't count on them bothering with you. Your best bet is to find someone online who has the PS3 version and want the 360 one, and is willing to trade.

[quote name='phear3d']so lets say you buy Beowulf for instance. it is now $19.99 as retail. some may still sell them for full price at $59.99. you bought your copy at BB but you found out that TRU has it for $59.99 still. yes they still sell the game, but $40 more than what you pay for. so you're saying that it's ok to return it to them, without a receipt, earning you $40 in cash or maybe in gift cards or whatever, because they can still sell them? tell me thats not wrong.[/QUote

It is not any more wrong then a store continuing to sell a 19.99 game for 59.99. Major retail stores should be aware of price drops in games and if they decide not to lower the price than aren't they taking advantage of the general public by hoping to sell a game at a higher price than it is going for at most other locations. We are not talking about some mom and pop shop that routinely sell games for a higher price but rather a major corporation. If stores like Walmart, Toys R Us, etc would keep current on game prices than this would be a much smaller issue. Taking advantage of a corporation that is trying to take advantage of you I just don't see the harm in it. I personally don't do this on a regular basis, but I have returned gifts to a store without a receipt and I still sleep just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back