What's the best deal for a 360 in Canada?

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!
By that I mean, am I better off buying a 20gig, 60 gig or an elite?

I'm not interested in XboxLive, and pretty much want it for single player games (RPGs mainly).

Also, anyone have suggestions on a place to get one? Are some better about warranties than others? Are there places I should avoid? (EB?)

Thanks for the advice....I have finally given up on the PS3.

If your not planning to go online and download a ton of stuff and money is the issue then go with the arcade. you get enough space on the memcard to save your games and you can always add a harddrive if you find the need later.

I believe that bestbuy was running a promo for a 20gig model at 199 but they always seem out of stock so that may be over. the 60 and 120 gig models now come with 2 games for the holiday season.

no store will give you more then a 7 day warranty on the system unless you are paying more for the service. microsoft covers you 1 year manufactures on the system and harddrive and 90 days on the controller/cables. 3 years on 3 red lights.

Check who is offering a better extended warranty if you want to go that route.

There's that deal with Microsoft and the New Xbox Experience now where you can buy an Arcade bundle and mail away for a refurb 20 gig hard drive for something like 20 or 30 bucks.

That way, you'd get a nice newer model 360 with HDMI for as cheap as possible, and still get a hard drive for storage.

The 20 gb at Best Buy is the best deal. Even if you don't go online there are still demos and trailers to download and it's the same price as an Arcade. The 20gb still has hdmi.

That's exactly what I was wondering about.

I thought some games were coming with an install, so I wondered whether I'd need a HD or not.

20 gbs seems like it would be enough, wouldn't it?

What about warranties?

[quote name='Nephlabobo']That's exactly what I was wondering about.

I thought some games were coming with an install, so I wondered whether I'd need a HD or not.

20 gbs seems like it would be enough, wouldn't it?

What about warranties?[/QUOTE]
The game installs are optional, so that really shouldn't be a factor, however it's stupid IMO to get a 360 w/o an HDD (unless you're replacing a dead 360 and already have an HDD). Online or offline, it's pretty much required... My Halo 3 game save is 4GB. :/ 20GB is enough for occasional use; chances are it won't be enough for the game installs and stuff, but it's decent enough that $100 for an extra 40GB is pretty pointless.

20 gigs is more than enough - so long as you delete and maintain your old stuff.

best buy you have 30 day return policy ... optional warranties at 2 - 3 years for like 70-100 bucks? microsoft covers you 90 days - 3 years for RROD only.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']20 gigs is more than enough - so long as you delete and maintain your old stuff.

best buy you have 30 day return policy ... optional warranties at 2 - 3 years for like 70-100 bucks? microsoft covers you 90 days - 3 years for RROD only.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it's one year for everything, three years for RROD... At least, my last three systems (only one of which was RROD) were covered well beyond 90 days.

the three year warranty may as well cover everything
just tell them it's giving you the RRoD when you call in and they will replace it for free

What magiic said is true. You're covered for 3 years from Microsoft Canada so don't bother with warranties. In 3 years we'll be seeing the next generation systems coming out anyway.

Grab a 20GB at Best Buy while you still can. Infinite Undiscovery hit $39.99 in the States btw so hold off until the price drop here.

the three year warranty may as well cover everything
just tell them it's giving you the RRoD when you call in and they will replace it for free

Off topic, but this is really racist:

lbp488.png

game fanatic - I just figured I'd make the post here cause I was specifically asking about Canada.

And I went to Best Buy today, and no dice. The manager even told me I was S.O.L. because they're not getting any more.

What a drag.

It took me a while. But the white thing that looks like hair is a turban and that brown triangle is a beard. He appears to be holding a grenade.

He's clearly upset about the LBP release date being pushed back due to the Qu'ran references.

That being said, much like the LBP issue, I think he should be entitled to his own opinion (and avatar).

Is it tasteful? That's another story. But that's also besides the point.

Back on topic, if I decide to get an Arcade, where can I get a HD for it?

And Rocky - I'm not so much upset the game is pushed back as I am for Sony caving to a fanatical religious group.

Particularly when they stood up to the Church of England in Manchester last year. It makes them come across as hypocrites.

And that's my last word on it.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']game fanatic - I just figured I'd make the post here cause I was specifically asking about Canada.

And I went to Best Buy today, and no dice. The manager even told me I was S.O.L. because they're not getting any more.

What a drag.[/quote]

That's why Canada has this section.

[quote name='Rocky071']He's clearly upset about the LBP release date being pushed back due to the Qu'ran references.

That being said, much like the LBP issue, I think he should be entitled to his own opinion (and avatar).

Is it tasteful? That's another story. But that's also besides the point.[/quote]

I don't know how strict moderation is in terms of maintaining what's written in their TOS, but:

[quote name='CAG TOS']
Language

You may not use the Site to make available content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You may not engage in any behavior that interferes with the operation of the Site or the enjoyment of the Site by other users.[/quote]

[quote name='Rocky071']He's clearly upset about the LBP release date being pushed back due to the Qu'ran references.

Is it tasteful? That's another story. But that's also besides the point.[/quote]

Wearing a turban and beard - okay.
Wearing a turban, beard, and grenade - not okay.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']I'm not interfering with anything. And this thread is supposed to help me find a 360, not criticise my avatar. :booty:[/quote]When it gets reported that it's offensive, it's time to remove it for being offensive.

Looks like someone else resolved the issue. Good.

$199 20gb is still the best deal, just go into a best buy and don't take no for an answer until they go into the back and check, i had to go through 3 "salesmen" before one finally went to the back and checked, and what do you know they had like 20+ back there.

also don't believe the online stock either, it said the stock was 0 at the store i went to (sunridge BB in calgary) and like i said they had 20+ so its wrong all the time.

bread's done
Back