Whats The Best Deal For Trading In Games Right Now?

Oxy_Gen

CAG Veteran
Got a bunch of PS2 gmaes I don't play anymore that I would like to trade in...which place is offering the best deal right now?

So far I've seen Gamestop is offering $10 for every three games you trade in...but this must be a crappy deal if they offer me $2 for every game.

What about EB and Gamerush?

If you are looking to Zelda Twilight Princess, NASCAR 06, NBA Live 06, or Rainbow Six 3 Lockdown, EB Games may give you $10 to $12.50 per qualifing title.

Wherehouse.com does have some pretty good trade in deals...offering around $7.50 for each game.

Is the instore trade in credit the same?

In my experience, you'll get a lot more money selling your games on Ebay than trading them in. It cuts out the middle-man. Of course, it's more work, but I've got more time than money.

Ebay is your best bet. Otherwise I do what I'm doing and wait for another 2 for $10 deal or some deal without an exclusion list, or at least a very minor one.

Ebay is the best. If you can't do Ebay, then take your pickings:

GameStop-Trade 3 games get an extra $10. Best for old games on the POX list at EB
EB-Trade 3/4/5 titles (varies for game) and get Madden 2006, Nintendogs, Zelda, Nascar, NCAA Football (might be dead), and there might be some other games.
GameRush-If you have newer games, trade them here since you get an extra 25%.

[quote name='aaa']Ebay is the best. If you can't do Ebay, then take your pickings:

GameStop-Trade 3 games get an extra $10. Best for old games on the POX list at EB
EB-Trade 3/4/5 titles (varies for game) and get Madden 2006, Nintendogs, Zelda, Nascar, NCAA Football (might be dead), and there might be some other games.
GameRush-If you have newer games, trade them here since you get an extra 25%.[/QUOTE]

NCAA 2006 and Madden 2006 deals are good at EB through this weekend...

[quote name='birdman']go to blockbuster, they give you at least $5 per game.
I traded in Mechassult got $5 for it[/QUOTE]

No they don't... they gave me $2.50 for Hitman 2 and $2.75 for LotR: The Two Towers (both PS2).

What video game store takes in games without manual and/or box? Gamecrazy?

All game stores give store credit right? Mmm crap...

[quote name='Oxy_Gen']What video game store takes in games without manual and/or box? Gamecrazy?

All game stores give store credit right? Mmm crap...[/QUOTE]

I think EB gives cash but in that case it is even less (20-30% less maybe, or is it 50%?) than the store credit would be. And since they have crappy trade-in prices to begin with you are definitely better off going to ebay if you want cash.

So, if I were to HYPOTHETICALLY steal five GBA games from someone and trade them in, would I get Zelda Twilight Princess for free? :lol:

I'm not stealing games, but I do have lots of Pokemon games that I don't want now.

[quote name='Blade']So, if I were to HYPOTHETICALLY steal five GBA games from someone and trade them in, would I get Zelda Twilight Princess for free? :lol:

I'm not stealing games, but I do have lots of Pokemon games that I don't want now.[/QUOTE]

HYPOTHETICALLY, I don't think they take GBA games for any of the trade-in deals except for the Nintendogs one.

So would they HYPOTHETICALLY take trade-ins on shitty PSX games that I got at a lawn sale for a few bucks?

[quote name='Blade']So would they HYPOTHETICALLY take trade-ins on shitty PSX games that I got at a lawn sale for a few bucks?[/QUOTE]

HYPOTHETICALLY, only PS2, Xbox, or GC games. :D Sorry...

I have the worst experience selling games and dvds on Ebay. I don't get it. My feedback is good. I sold 4 dvds yesterday, and they only got one bid at 0.01 each, and I had the lowest shipping rate of $2.50. I'm gonna try out Wherehouse. At least, I wont be giving away my stuff for free.

[quote name='beetlegum']I have the worst experience selling games and dvds on Ebay. I don't get it. My feedback is good. I sold 4 dvds yesterday, and they only got one bid at 0.01 each, and I had the lowest shipping rate of $2.50. I'm gonna try out Wherehouse. At least, I wont be giving away my stuff for free.[/QUOTE]

That's what your gonna get, could be movies lot of people have or they are not looking for. Think lots of people just go around n bid on things that are gonna go for really cheap.

Before you sell on eBay, you should check the going prices. Obviously, some things on eBay go for almost nothing. It's all on the popularity of the item. Maybe the DVDs you had weren't in demand...

[quote name='Blade']So, if I were to HYPOTHETICALLY steal five GBA games from someone and trade them in, would I get Zelda Twilight Princess for free? :lol:

I'm not stealing games, but I do have lots of Pokemon games that I don't want now.[/QUOTE]

If you want Zelda cheap, do what I did. Get it for $25. Buy any three, non POX, $6.99 at BlockBuster for $14 (B2G1) then go to BB with two of the $5 coupons and get Bad boy Miami takedown for $5 (after coupon) and Starsky & Hutch for $5 (after coupon) $14 + $5 + $5 = $24.
Not sure about this but you can get any $9.99 along with this trade-in dealy. That's what happened to me. (got metroid Prime for free):D :D :D

pop311, why don't you post your receipt so we can see what happened to give you a free MP game . . . something is wrong with that but good for you!

To the OP . . . honestly, make a quick list of your games and we will give you solid advice to maximize your value.

Some games may pop at FYE/Wherehouse (free Astroboy got me $20!), some could go to EB to get $12.50 credit toward Nascar 05 (which you could switch to another game), some might be best getting the $3.33 bonus at GS. A few may be worth ebaying.

Give us a quickie list and we will advise!

[quote name='Kaboobi']GameCrazy has a +20% coupon in their advo if you trade in 3 or more non sports games.[/QUOTE]

wha whaa? Is this in their current flyer they have on the counters? Anyone else confirm this?

I have a whole stack of PSP games i wont be needing anymore that might make their way here if this is true...

[quote name='pop311']If you want Zelda cheap, do what I did. Get it for $25. Buy any three, non POX, $6.99 at BlockBuster for $14 (B2G1) then go to BB with two of the $5 coupons and get Bad boy Miami takedown for $5 (after coupon) and Starsky & Hutch for $5 (after coupon) $14 + $5 + $5 = $24.
Not sure about this but you can get any $9.99 along with this trade-in dealy. That's what happened to me. (got metroid Prime for free):D :D :D[/QUOTE]

You are a genius. And yes, the Red Sox rock.

I will try this poste-haste.

[quote name='schultzed']pop311, why don't you post your receipt so we can see what happened to give you a free MP game . . . something is wrong with that but good for you!

To the OP . . . honestly, make a quick list of your games and we will give you solid advice to maximize your value.

Some games may pop at FYE/Wherehouse (free Astroboy got me $20!), some could go to EB to get $12.50 credit toward Nascar 05 (which you could switch to another game), some might be best getting the $3.33 bonus at GS. A few may be worth ebaying.

Give us a quickie list and we will advise![/QUOTE]

How do I scan and put my receipt in this post?

bread's done
Back