What's the best Guitar Hero guitar?

ma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know I'm late to the party, but I think it's time to pick up Guitar Hero. What's my best bet for getting a decent guitar these days? I've read several places that the wireless one that comes with 3 is unreliable. While I would love to stumble across a cheap GH2 bundle, that's probably not going to happen. Wal-Mart is selling a wired GH3 bundle, maybe that's the way to go?

I think the wireless Kramer packed in with Aerosmith worked just fine (no lag). I have the original red SG bundled with GH1, and two white SG's packed with GH3 Legends [Target exclusive]. So yeah, all 5 GH titles (all completed on medium) and 4 GH guitars.

IMO, GH1 had the best track list, then progressively gotten worse. I mean, so many Aerosmith hits were missing from the latest release; were they saving up for Aerosmith 2?

Last edited by a moderator:
From personal experience, the GH1 guitar (black w/cord) has endured a thrashing on the first, second, 80's, and Rock Band since 2005 and still functions quite well. The tilt-detection on it has been starting to fail over the past year, but I attribute that more to wear-and-tear than anything else...

I haven't used the GH2 guitar (red w/cord) too much, as I save it for others to use in multiplayer sessions. From my time with it, the tilt-detection is much more forgiving than the GH1 guitar ever was. I've actually triggered 'Star Power' with it accidentally a few times, so it may be your best bet for just starting out if you can find one...

The stand-alone guitar sold separately around when the 80's edition was released (white cordless) seemed to handle okay the few times I've messed with it at a friend's house. The lack of a cord is a plus, and while it felt slightly sluggish with input, it wasn't anything that hampered the experience...

I have yet to try out the black wireless from GH3 or Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, the Target-exclusive white/orange corded sold with GH3, or whatever's in the Wal-Mart bundle, so hopefully someone else can cover those. Hope that helps though!

IMO the red guitar that came with GH2 and the black wireless one from GH3 are both much better than the one that came with GH1 (I have all three). The fret buttons are much sturdier and yet also easier to trigger.

bread's done
Back