What's the best Paper Mario 2 deal??

ViPeR

CAGiversary!
What's the best paper mario 2 deal out there other than the EB preorder w/ free guide?

EBGames has it where you buy the game and the game guide, you get a $15 voucher, which takes care of the cost of the game guide, so you get game + guide for essentially $50.

[quote name='ViPeR']hmm 40 for just the game or 50 for the game and the guide :?[/quote] Be sure to figure tax into it. Depending on where you live, EBgames is more likely to charge you tax than Outpost. For me that would make it more like $40 for the game vs. $56 for the game plus guide (and I couldn't imagine the guide being worth $16)

If you want other gamecube games, then wait for the TRU Buy 2 get one free sale starting allegedly on Oct 17. That's what I'm planning, comes out to $33 a piece for 3 $50 games.

[quote name='ViPeR']The tru deal sounds better but what other good $50 gc games are there?[/quote]

Donkey Konga, if you are into that sort of thing, and Tales of Symphonia, if you haven't picked it up yet. Pikmin 2 might also make a good choice.

[quote name='ViPeR']The tru deal sounds better but what other good $50 gc games are there?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing. I already picked up Donkey Konga.

Too bad all the good games for GC come out next month. Oh well I'll get 3 anyways. I tihnk that's what I did last time, and return some to walmart. Ha... Wal mart always says no then I convince them, it's wierd.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Too bad all the good games for GC come out next month. Oh well I'll get 3 anyways. I tihnk that's what I did last time, and return some to walmart. Ha... Wal mart always says no then I convince them, it's wierd.[/quote]

Hey kids, just say "No" to scams.

Just hold on to them for the maximum amount of days they give you to return it (just don't open them)? That's what I did last year. I bought 3 games (Freedom Fighters, F-Zero, kept SSX3) that I knew wouldn't be coming down in price anytime soon. Then, like a month later got the games I was wanting. Ended up with SSX3, True Crime and XIII.

XIII wasn't worth it though, after beating it I traded it to EB for around $25. Should've taken it to GameRush, but back then I didn't know GR gave good credit.

This time I'd like to pick up Mario Golf and 2 other games. If not, I'll just get it at Best Buy.

When is the tru buy2get1 deal start anyway? Is it different datees for different platforms? I all confused from all these topics now :?

If you want some games that come out next month in the Toys R Us deal do this:

Get games that are $50, including your free one... Preferably something you'll keep as your free game. Keep the two you paid for in the package... Toys R Us is suppose to take games back if they're unopened up to 45 days after purchase. So, if the game you want comes out within that time period, just bring one of the games in the package in and trade it in for the new game.

I really can't decide what to get... I was hoping this year you'd be able to mix match Xbox and GameCube games. I want:

Donkey Konga
Star Wars Battlefront
Need for Speed Underground 2 (Using the wait to trade in thing)
Mario Power Tennis (Using the wait to trade in thing)

I also wouldn't mind getting Mortal Kombat: Deception and Pikmin 2, but I can wait till those are $20 to pick them up.

[quote name='davidmt']outpost.com has it for 34.99 but the shipping is high (6.77).[/quote]

Print the Outpost page and take it to Circuit City. Most CC stores will price-match websites.

[quote name='Cashed']If you want some games that come out next month in the Toys R Us deal do this:

Get games that are $50, including your free one... Preferably something you'll keep as your free game. Keep the two you paid for in the package... Toys R Us is suppose to take games back if they're unopened up to 45 days after purchase. So, if the game you want comes out within that time period, just bring one of the games in the package in and trade it in for the new game.

I really can't decide what to get... I was hoping this year you'd be able to mix match Xbox and GameCube games. I want:

Donkey Konga
Star Wars Battlefront
Need for Speed Underground 2 (Using the wait to trade in thing)
Mario Power Tennis (Using the wait to trade in thing)

I also wouldn't mind getting Mortal Kombat: Deception and Pikmin 2, but I can wait till those are $20 to pick them up.[/quote]

That? That's almost unarguably morally wrong, and not even remotely fair to the store. Don't listen to the ass . Don't rip off the store.

A one post newbie making that post? I've got the feeling that it's probably another CAG that's afraid of getting a bad reputation with their main account...

I'm gonna get it from Outpost because I'm out here in the middle of nowhere (unless somebody either here or one of my friends is willing to drive me out to Fry's in Sacramento). Figure $42~ is a good enough deal for me. But that's only because I'm here in college and we're not allowed to have cars (UC Davis likes to treat freshmen like shit).

[quote name='Cashed']If you want some games that come out next month in the Toys R Us deal do this:

Get games that are $50, including your free one... Preferably something you'll keep as your free game. Keep the two you paid for in the package... Toys R Us is suppose to take games back if they're unopened up to 45 days after purchase. So, if the game you want comes out within that time period, just bring one of the games in the package in and trade it in for the new game.[/quote]
My buddy did something similar to this last year only he took the games back at xmas time with out the recipt to another store. I don't agree with this practice myself but some people have lower moral obligations and don't see a problem. The better idea would be to post the games on the trade boards and wait til you get offered something else you would want for the sealed games.

I don't see how it's ripping the store off, you buy a $50 game, take it in for a different $50 and they can resell the game you took in for $50.

And no, I don't have another username here. I just recently started visiting the main page for deals and found out there were forums today.

[quote name='Cashed']I don't see how it's ripping the store off, you buy a $50 game, take it in for a different $50 and they can resell the game you took in for $50.

And no, I don't have another username here. I just recently started visiting the main page for deals and found out there were forums today.[/quote]

Taken from another topic - this one...

[quote name='sying'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']i dont see anything wrong with getting gift receipts for a game you dont want in the buy 2 get 1 deal. for one, i think its quite fine because alot of us work hard to earn the money to do this. If toys r us is gonna offer the deal, and im gonna work my butt off to earn 100 bucks, then i should walk away happy, thats how i see it.[/quote]

We'll since you put it that way, since you have worked hard for your money, I guess its fine to blatantly abuse, and defraud a company. This sale is done for two reasons from a buisness perspective. One to move existing stock QUICKLY and to gain goodwill and market presence in anticipation for the Holiday season (Nov and Dec). You are abusing both goals. First you are returning a older game for a newer game. Albiet that they are the same value, but how would you like it if you had to sell a returned Van Helsing or a Catwoman and lose a stock item of GTA:SA or a Time Crisis. A double whammy, you have to resell a crappy game and you lose a good selling title. Not to mention you (2nd point) will be risking stockout for San Andreas for little Tommy boy who wants this game for Christmas. I will not be supprised if people like you ruin this promotionfor us next year. There is a special place in hell for you people.[/quote]

That's how I feel about it, but I'm not quite eloquent enough to express it myself. You're forcing the store to include games in the sale that wouldn't have been otherwise, and that's going to hurt their bottom line no matter how you feel about it.

Hey now your going to far. I worked for BB and i didnt like it when people came in and tried to take advantage of the store but then again i didnt like ripping a customer off. Its for the best interest of both parties but the business always wants to make the customer happy.
I dont think you have the right to tell anyone there is a spot for them in hell. That is just wrong and its better that he switch games at TRU where technically your allowed to return then to go to walmart and rip a store off for money they didnt get. One time we had a target game returned to BB and there was a huge target return sticker on the back...i laughed at it but didnt care because we sold the game and life went on...
Last year i did the buy2get1 and i didnt know what to buy for the second batch of games i bought. I ended up buying 2 copies of blitz pro so that i could play with a friend online. Then my friend comes over and he plays my blitz...we hated it. He refused to buy it from me so i went to TRU with his copy and asked them if there was anything i could do about it. Customer Service wasnt to sure but they called the person in charge of the video game section and he said its fine to do it...i was extremely happy with the way he handled it and the reason i still go to TRU is because of that.

I just picked this up today at Media Play. Has anyone else noticed on the paper mario packaging it says "Best Seller"......wishful thinking by Nintendo to preprint that on their game.

i agree just get it at GR because thats where i picked up today. only 29.99 when you trade in any other game. really good deal!! hopefully the GR by you has that deal going.

I picked up Paper Mario at Target for $16.50 . . . 67% off with a Windwaker raincheck.

YMMV . . . Target has to be out of WW, the game has to still be $49.99 in their system, and you need a hassle-free clerk to push the buttons.

I got my copy for $44.99 after GGC at Best Buy. I also got double Reward Zone points with the purchase as all entertainment purchases this week count for double Reward Zone points. Not that great of a deal but I had $50 in gift cards to use.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I just picked this up today at Media Play. Has anyone else noticed on the paper mario packaging it says "Best Seller"......wishful thinking by Nintendo to preprint that on their game.[/quote]

Maybe they base it on preorders? It could happen.

bread's done
Back