Whats the best plug-in or codec for Windows Media player 9 to play all movies?

undyingforce5

CAGiversary!
i know squat about what i need to watch certain movie files...Divx, Xvid, DVD...and i m sure there are more

what do you guys use?

could you give me a link so i can use it too?

thanks

[quote name='Psydrogen']Google "Ace Mega Codecs". It's a pack that you can install that will enable practically every video file to play.[/QUOTE]

The video codecs are great, but beware of the audio ones. Some of them disable sound in games. Not sure how, but once I installed the codec pack (it might've been Nemo's codec pack), my sound went away in NOLF2.. uninstalled it and it came back.. it was weird.

Another one of those all-codec progs is K-Lite Codecs, I use it its basically classic window media player but plays everything.

[quote name='Psydrogen']Google "Ace Mega Codecs". It's a pack that you can install that will enable practically every video file to play.[/QUOTE]

im seeing some reviews that say that its difficult to install and others say that i shouldnt even bother...so you use this?

if so what kinds of problems do you have (if any)

thanks

The Ace Megacodec pack has too many self-conflicting codecs. Try the Combined Community Codec Pack or CCCP. It's robust but not bloated. It'll play just about everything. Also get the VLC media player since it will play virtually any media file on windows. If you're still adamant on using window's own media player, get the classic version aka Media Player Classic 6.4.whatever. and it's conveniently included in the CCCP.

Here's the links for all the stuff I mentioned:

VLC
CCCP and wikipedia page

[quote name='jaykrue']The Ace Megacodec pack has too many self-conflicting codecs. Try the Combined Community Codec Pack or CCCP. It's robust but not bloated. It'll play just about everything. Also get the VLC media player since it will play virtually any media file on windows. If you're still adamant on using window's own media player, get the classic version aka Media Player Classic 6.4.whatever. and it's conveniently included in the CCCP.

Here's the links for all the stuff I mentioned:

VLC
CCCP and wikipedia page[/QUOTE]

Thank You

bread's done
Back