What's the best price for a new PSP??

Anywhere that does NOT require you to buy a bundle. :x

I know Sam Goody (where I prebought mine) is selling the system only, along with Media Play,Blockbuster, Kmart, bestbuy, target, toys r us, compusa all selling the SYSTEM ONLY for 249.99.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Chris in Cali']$245.99 with GGC @ BB?[/quote]

Can't use it on hardware.[/quote]

Oh, man, that would have been a steal at that price too.

Sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but is there a chance these things will be hard to find? I see the BB is opening at 8:00AM to sell them, and pretty much every store has them advertised. It seems like there is plenty to go around, but I'm just guessing.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there is NO chance that it will be hard to find. It looks like they will meet their target of a 1 million AT launch, and Shipment number 2 is going to be right behind it, maybe even arriving as early as launch day.

i hear that there might not be this shortage that everyone is expecting (i mean lets face it its not the next playstation) but the demand for it is really high.. pretty much everyone on this board is looking to purchase one.. and imagine all the gamers want one of these.. they are that cool.. i suggest getting their early (if they open at 8...get there at 6 if not earlier) and then if you really want one and have some friends.. go tell them to go to other stores... i bet they'll limit how many you can buy (i mean who can afford more than one).. but if you really want the best chance to get one.. wake up at 6 AM and drive around town and see if lines are forming.. or start your own.. you'll be glad you did.

Do what i do , you have to have a friend or a relative who works at one of the thousands of stores that sell them, just tell him to hold you one for a few minutes , to hide it under the counter or w/e

But dont worry people these will not sell out so quick, as long as you are there by the time BB opens you will grab one, i use BB because i know they will have many

If you have a meijer in your area apply for the meijer CC, if you are approved they give a slip for 10% off your 1st purchase, and on monday MAR.28, there is a 15% off deal if you use your meijer CC ,AND lately their has been a 20% off your purchase with a meijer CC coupon(replaces the 10%off) that is good untill april.So you can get 10%-35% off your PSP. :wink:

dude this will sell..i mean if sony had to hold a psp handbag fashion show(NY Post Sun March 21) than it will hit its target audience....Its just not a good marketing ploy if sony wants to compare to an IPOD...again if you can get your hands on sunday's post than read it there for anyone in the east coast?

[quote name='ViPeR']Where can i get the best price or deal for a PSP?[/quote]

Free at EBGames.

Bundle Price: $300.00

Simply Trade in 24 games not on the POX list and receive 8 of the sony published games listed at $39.99.

Then, exchange all 8 for $320 store credit.
Use that to get your PSP.

At an average of $5 per Non-POX games... you'd probably only spend about $120.

[quote name='basketkase543']What is the exact street date for the psp?[/quote]

thursday. but most stores have them hiding in the back already. my target has like 23432094382 of them so i don't think there's gonna be any shortage going on... but i'm not really looking forward to being behind that register when that stream of gamers flows in through the doors. can't imagine what that's like for gamestop/ebgames employees.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ViPeR']Where can i get the best price or deal for a PSP?[/quote]

Free at EBGames.

Simply Trade in 24 games not on the POX list and receive 8 of the sony published games listed at $39.99.

At an average of $5 per Non-POX games... you'd probably only spend about $120.[/quote]

I guess then using your example, it wouldn't exactly be free would it? :p

[quote name='Renzokuken']If you have a Gamerush, buy a bunch of cheap games then trade :D.[/quote]

definately. i got 4 launch games paid in full with CA tax for under 100 bucks out of pocket. saved me around 80 big ones.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ViPeR']Where can i get the best price or deal for a PSP?[/quote]

Free at EBGames.

At an average of $5 per Non-POX games... you'd probably only spend about $120.[/quote]

i would be free if you just happened to have 24 games not on the POX list.

I guess then using your example, it wouldn't exactly be free would it? :p[/quote]

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ViPeR']Where can i get the best price or deal for a PSP?[/quote]

Free at EBGames.

I guess then using your example, it wouldn't exactly be free would it? :p[/quote]

all depends on how many nonPOX games you'd have to buy to total 24.

no its not free...
but could be close to it.

Not trying to crash the party, but I can't understand why anyone would pay 250 for a portable launch system. Of course not to mention most of the launch PS2's had problems and the fact that this is Sony's first crack at portable systems. Also, there is no killer app for it yet.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Not trying to crash the party, but I can't understand why anyone would pay 250 for a portable launch system. Of course not to mention most of the launch PS2's had problems and the fact that this is Sony's first crack at portable systems. Also, there is no killer app for it yet.[/quote]

those are all excellent points, in fact, you may as well want to wait for a price drop if all you are doing is playing games on it.

I plan on using it to watch movies mostly, but also to listen to music as an MP3 player.

I will say this, ive been playing it for the past few hours(it is charging up now), i dont really like the speakers(but i have good headphones, so that isnt really an issue) and i really dont like that the screen is exposed(there is no flip top cover like a laptop, or the nitnendo ds)

but overall, i have to say the PSP is a big success. fave games are need for speed and lumines.

I was able to order it for essentially 225$ after a BB coupon and they didn't axe the order or anything. It should arrive on Tuesday along with RR that ended up being ~33$.

bread's done
Back