What's the best way to become prepared to run for government?

GameDude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
When I'm retired, hopefully around 40-45, I'd like to, perhaps, run for a public office. What's the best way to "learn the ropes?"

Calling Punqsux... Calling Punqsux.... :D

Seriously though, start by volunteering. You can't expect to walk in a political field and just take over. Even Arnold couldn't do that. He was active in the party for years before his run for the governorship.

Also, never, ever, ever, EVER get involved with anything that has to do with children. It's political suicide.

[quote name='punqsux']wow youre on a roll tonight gamedude.

someone give me reason to lock this up.[/QUOTE]
Looks like GameDude has the ass-licking part down.

Is that enough?

You're always so professional.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Looks like GameDude has the ass-licking part down.

Is that enough?[/QUOTE]
technically not until he posts pix of said ass-licking

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Of what? :?[/QUOTE]

My ability to tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

[quote name='GameDude']You're always so professional.[/QUOTE]
i dont know if you know what my job here is, but its to maintain the boards and keep topics under control. your topics have a STRONG history of becomming flamefests and eventully locked (as recent as 10 mins ago even) im just trying to speed up the process so i dont have to wait around to lock this.

[quote name='punqsux']i dont know if you know what my job here is, but its to maintain the boards and keep topics under control. your topics have a STRONG history of becomming flamefests and eventully locked (as recent as 10 mins ago even) im just trying to speed up the process so i dont have to wait around to lock this.[/QUOTE]

But the thing is I don't start the conflicts...I don't know why I have such a bad rep.

I could post a very nasty DLF pic. Would that suffice?

[quote name='punqsux']i dont know if you know what my job here is, but its to maintain the boards and keep topics under control. your topics have a STRONG history of becomming flamefests and eventully locked (as recent as 10 mins ago even) im just trying to speed up the process so i dont have to wait around to lock this.[/QUOTE]

"It's what I do." would have been much more succinct.

[quote name='Zman310']I could post a very nasty DLF pic. Would that suffice?[/QUOTE]

dude, I have no idea of who you are. what do you have against me?

i swear, most of you are like mindless sheep picking on the one guy that's different.

Punq, just tell me what atrocities I have to commit to get this topic locked, and I'll do it. Do I have to mutilate a hooker and post the pictures here for all to see? DONE.

How pathetic is it that you people are spending your time trying to get some stupid thread locked on the internet? Very. WOW, lots of other things you could be doing.

[quote name='GameDude']dude, I have no idea of who you are. what do you have against me?

i swear, most of you are like mindless sheep picking on the one guy that's different.[/QUOTE]

Your simile isn't so good. Sheep aren't really known to pick on people. Consider a speech-writer for your political career.

As the "Mister Nice Guy" of CAG I think we should give Gamedude a break. He actually asked a good question. It's not his fault if eeryone else makes this an OTT.

At least I tried to give an answer.

[quote name='GameDude']dude, I have no idea of who you are. what do you have against me?

i swear, most of you are like mindless sheep picking on the one guy that's different.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I've got nothing against you, I'm just messing around. At this point, I think this thread is already too far gone to be saved.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']As the "Mister Nice Guy" of CAG I think we should give Gamedude a break. He actually asked a good question. It's not his fault if eeryone else makes this an OTT.[/QUOTE]

Which question? The one about whores or this current one?

[quote name='jmcc']Your simile isn't so good. Sheep aren't really known to pick on people. Consider a speech-writer for your political career.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of that as I was writing it. I'm actually a fairly decent writer.

[quote name='GameDude']But the thing is I don't start the conflicts...I don't know why I have such a bad rep.[/QUOTE]
calling 98% of women whores creates both conflict and bad reputation, youve made many stupid generalizations like this in the past as well, pretend to be the victim all you like, look at me, im playing the worlds smallest violin.

[quote name='punqsux']calling 98% of women whores creates both conflict and bad reputation, youve made many stupid generalizations like this in the past as well, pretend to be the victim all you like, look at me, im playing the worlds smallest violin.[/QUOTE]

not 98% of women...98% of hot women.

[quote name='punqsux']calling 98% of women whores creates both conflict and bad reputation, youve made many stupid generalizations like this in the past as well, pretend to be the victim all you like, look at me, im playing the worlds smallest violin.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

If that is his opinion then so be it........ what are you people..... a bunch of pinko commie bastards?

[quote name='delahappy']If that is his opinion then so be it........ what are you people..... a bunch of pinko commie bastards?[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, I'm waving my Soviet flag right now while writing a love letter to Castro.

[quote name='evilmregg']As a matter of fact, I'm waving my Soviet flag right now while writing a love letter to Castro.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea who this guy is either!

[quote name='delahappy']If that is his opinion then so be it........ what are you people..... a bunch of pinko commie bastards?[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit! They've found out! Abort! Abort!

i dont know what my political alliance has to do with this (not a joke) mr. dude has every right to any opinion he wants, ive already stated my job here is to keep things under control, and a topic on this board about how women are whores is not under control, its just sexist.

[quote name='delahappy']then move to china and you'll have bigger concerns than what game dude types on tha intarweb....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like which style of food to eat. I'd go with Szechuan, since I like spice.

edit: also, their crazy moon-man language and writing.

[quote name='delahappy']then move to china and you'll have bigger concerns than what game dude types on tha intarweb....[/QUOTE]

You'd better be careful what you say. Me and my 1,306,313,812 new Chinese best friends will totally take you down.

[quote name='evilmregg']As a matter of fact, I'm waving my Soviet flag right now while writing a love letter to Castro.[/QUOTE]
tell fidel i said hello ^^

Hey Punq, weren't you the only guy in once of your classes to raise your hand when asked if you were a femenist? I don't know why I remember that.

I just oticed this thread has nearly as many posts as views. Lets race and see who wins!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey Punq, weren't you the only guy in once of your classes to raise your hand when asked if you were a femenist? I don't know why I remember that.

I just oticed this thread has nearly as many posts as views. Lets race and see who wins![/QUOTE]

I went out with a girl a short while back who said she was against feminism. My response was that it was pretty ironic, then, that I'm pro-feminism. Huh. Go fig.

[quote name='delahappy']wow those were some stupid jokes[/QUOTE]

What's that I hear? Why, it's the mating call of the North American Humorless Troll.

[quote name='evilmregg']What's that I hear? Why, it's the mating call of the North American Humorless Troll.[/QUOTE]

dela, is by far, one of the funniest people I've ever talked to.

funny how the person monitoring the forums here is contributing to the off topic discussion. Not much of a lead by example guy are ya?

[quote name='delahappy']funny how the person monitoring the forums here is contributing to the off topic discussion. Not much of a lead by example guy are ya?[/QUOTE]

you new here or something?

sometimes the community as a whole needs to vent out things. see the "whiney little bitch" ott, that took place when a whole bunch of shit was goin on here, and it hit over 500 posts in under 3 hours.

i think this thread is just that at the moment. though not as insane.

bread's done
Back