Whats the best Wiimote Charger?

That's a good one.

Personally, I think that you are off better getting rechargeable batteries (Eneloop is a great choice) since they are more flexible and it's easy to have a spare set charged and ready to go.

[quote name='ejamer']That's a good one.

Personally, I think that you are off better getting rechargeable batteries (Eneloop is a great choice) since they are more flexible and it's easy to have a spare set charged and ready to go.[/QUOTE]

Yes what this person said.

Get rechargeables and keep some extras charged.

I have the Energizer induction pad and it does a great job. The only thing I don't like is that ordering additional batteries is $13 from the website. :(

[quote name='evildeadjedi']...

Anyone who uses rechargables, what kind of charger do you have?

...[/QUOTE]

I use Rayovac Hybrid NiMH rechargeable batteries because they were available for a great introductory price. My impressions after 2 years of regular use are very good, although the prices seem to have jumped from when I bought them.

Most people seem to find that Eneloop are better - but the difference isn't enough to be an issue for me, so I'd recommend whichever you can find on sale.

Eneloops are the easiest and quickest solution. Pricey, but they don't lose charge over time, look nice (matching colors with the Wii), and can be used in other devices. You can get them cheaper online (Amazon) than stores would charge, and occasionally there are sales on the kits that include chargers and so on.

This is a nice one. I noticed that at my Best Buy, they were on clearance at $17. I've been wanting something like this for a while, and never saw them drop below $25, even on places like Amazon. It looks nice and works well, and will always ensure you've got a good charge. So you could try looking at your local BB to see if they are on sale - mine has a ton left. I might get another.

I came in here to post Eneloops, glad to see they're covered.

I originally thought about buying a proprietary charger, but why would you realistically want something that only works with Wiimotes? Unless you can think of a good reason, ditch a Wii specific charger and get rechargeable batteries that work with anything.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I came in here to post Eneloops, glad to see they're covered.

I originally thought about buying a proprietary charger, but why would you realistically want something that only works with Wiimotes? Unless you can think of a good reason, ditch a Wii specific charger and get rechargeable batteries that work with anything.[/QUOTE]

So that kids/family members can't steal the batteries for other devices and then you can't find them. ;)

Also, not having to remove the batteries to charge them is a plus if you have young kids and/or you're good at losing such things.

[quote name='UncleBob']So that kids/family members can't steal the batteries for other devices and then you can't find them. ;)

Also, not having to remove the batteries to charge them is a plus if you have young kids and/or you're good at losing such things.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

Another incentive for me to not use a proprietary one was the rechargeable covers were all white.

I've been using the same set of eneloops for my Wii/360 controllers since 2006 and they are still going strong! The only drawback to using regular rechargables is you have to pull the jackets back to swap the batteries out. Not a big deal, considering how (un)often I play my Wii.

[quote name='Hush']I've been using the same set of eneloops for my Wii/360 controllers since 2006 and they are still going strong! The only drawback to using regular rechargables is you have to pull the jackets back to swap the batteries out. Not a big deal, considering how (un)often I play my Wii.[/QUOTE]

Are you just using a regular charger or one of those "smart" ones?

bread's done
Back