Whats the Best wireless or wire mouse for PC Gaming?

Logitech MX-518 is what I have. Best mouse ever. I was in need of a mouse because I broke my $10 Microsoft lasermouse. This thing is perfect for FPS, theres even an instant sensativity switcher on the mouse, you can change the sensativity anytime.

I heart my MX518.

Even compared to logitechs new line of gaming mice (G5/G7) this thing kicks their asses.

It still has TWO side buttons unlike the new ones which have only one.

The Logitech G5 and this is coming from a serious CS:S player. It will blow the MX518 out the water with 2000dpi and you can add weights to make it heavier or lighter. It has three settings but I changed mine to 2000, 1600 and 800 dpi. I mostly go between 2000 and 1600 dpi for 2000 for shooting and 1600 for sniping. You will not need another mouse for a long time after this one.

From what I heard, the G5 and G6 are the better ones for gaming because you can switch sensitivity on the fly when playing games (mostly FPS I think). I personally use the MX 1000 (came with MX 3100) and it's a great mouse, but I don't play any FPS online, so I can't say how well this mouse is for FPS.

Either the MX510 and MX518 with a fUnc mousepad with Hyperglide mouse skates.

I played CS for over 3 years and was involved in CAL-O, CAL-IM and CAL-M, that mouse will slide like butter/ice on a fUnc with Hyperglides on the mouse feet.

[quote name='Over easy']From what I heard, the G5 and G6 are the better ones for gaming because you can switch sensitivity on the fly when playing games (mostly FPS I think). I personally use the MX 1000 (came with MX 3100) and it's a great mouse, but I don't play any FPS online, so I can't say how well this mouse is for FPS.[/QUOTE]

MX518 has on the fly sensitivity adjustment also.

I'm sorry but the minimal difference between 2000 and 1600dpi is NOT worth losing the extra side button for the G5 over the MX518.

I'm also using a func1030--this thing moves like buttah.

thank you to all that replied

the mx518 is the mouse i will most likely go with.

ign points out 1 factor:

"My second gripe is that there isn't a "quick switch" option. Personally, I'd like to use only two settings, one high-speed and one low-speed. It would be nice if you could assign one button to flip between your settings, which in my case would cause it to switch back and forth. Instead, I need to use both buttons to toggle between two settings. This is the part that might be fixable via software, and I hope it is"

has this been fixed with a driver or software update????

also the lowest price i found this for was $40 bucks...can i get it any cheaper somewhere else?

thanks

I'm not an extreme gamer so I don't like getting expensive mice so my ranking in a server can go from 412 to 396. It just doesn't matter to me.

I picked up a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for $15 and I love it.

[quote name='headpiece747']The Logitech G5 and this is coming from a serious CS:S player. It will blow the MX518 out the water with 2000dpi and you can add weights to make it heavier or lighter. It has three settings but I changed mine to 2000, 1600 and 800 dpi. I mostly go between 2000 and 1600 dpi for 2000 for shooting and 1600 for sniping. You will not need another mouse for a long time after this one.[/QUOTE]

My G5 does not blow my MX518 out of the water. Heck, I can't even tell the difference between the two in terms of smoothness and accuracy. The only advantage the G5 has over the 518 is the weight adjustment. But like someone said already, it's not really worth losing a side button for and with a higher price tag at the same time.

bread's done
Back