Whats the cheapest price on AVP?

Nirvanaguy777

CAGiversary!
For those of you that dont know Im a huge Alien fan, (proud owner of the quadrility). Now AVP is considered a bad movie by most people but I LOVED it considering I have been reading alien vs predator comics for years and just seeing the few battles they had live was great. So whats the cheapest price now and how fast do you think this will drop to ten bucks, I give it 6 months.

I think $15.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City (Best Buy comes with a 32 Page booklet for a limited time)

Also, check this out if you are a BIG fan. Two busts, exclusive to BlockBuster stores only. Apparently it's $30, which seems like a fair price.
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=2418

avpblockbuster1.jpg

FYI, I've read rumors that there will some special edition / director's cut of AVP later this year. Basically, the version of the film they intended to release before someone at Fox apparently decided they should shoot for a PG-13 rating instead of R.

Is it worth waiting for? Hell if I know! :) But thought I'd mention it regardless.

Personally, I wouldn't buy AvP just because Paul W.S. Anderson was affiliated with it. That hack needs to lose his director's license because every video game-based project he touches recently has been complete junk.

I wasn't impressed. I watched the Alien Quadrilogy and both Predators before the movie and this movie is nowhere near the other ones. Alien Ressurection and Predator 2 (ugh) were better than AVP.

Just a heads up. Costco is selling both special editions (Predator and Predator 2) in a double pack for $16.99. I picked one up tonight in Sterling Heights MI, but it is YMMV as the special edition of Predator 2 has a release date of 1.25. Also there is a label on the box if you buy the set and AVP at the same time you save an addtional $5. Great deal if you dont have the special editions.

[quote name='hitmandls2']Just a heads up. Costco is selling both special editions (Predator and Predator 2) in a double pack for $16.99. I picked one up tonight in Sterling Heights MI, but it is YMMV as the special edition of Predator 2 has a release date of 1.25. Also there is a label on the box if you buy the set and AVP at the same time you save an addtional $5. Great deal if you dont have the special editions.[/quote]

Sadly I do.

[quote name='doubledown']I think $15.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City (Best Buy comes with a 32 Page booklet for a limited time)

Also, check this out if you are a BIG fan. Two busts, exclusive to BlockBuster stores only. Apparently it's $30, which seems like a fair price.

avpblockbuster1.jpg
[/quote]

Not a fan of busts or statues really.

Only limited to 25,000

I know many Blockbuster employees are already making plans to buy the box set. It's going to be tought to find one after the first day.

I saw the box set and held in my hands. The box is nice and measures about or the same size as the Lord Of The Rings Extended Box Set. The Bust are about 5 inches tall and ofcourse the collectible Blue Box.

[quote name='KAR10']Only limited to 25,000

I know many Blockbuster employees are already making plans to buy the box set. It's going to be tought to find one after the first day.

I saw the box set and held in my hands. The box is nice and measures about or the same size as the Lord Of The Rings Extended Box Set. The Bust are about 5 inches tall and ofcourse the collectible Blue Box.[/quote]

Hmmm maybe I will get it, I just hate buying dvds and then having a special edition released months later which is a better version than the first.

At first i didnt like this movie either, but then i realized i had to take it for what it was. This isnt a movie thats supposed to make you think or feel or anything fancy like the original Alien/Aliens and Predator. This is an action flick plain and simple designed to showcase these two aliens kicking the crap out of each other and humans dying in the process.

For that, i really liked it. Having said that i will wait for the special edition.

[quote name='unbongwah']FYI, I've read rumors that there will some special edition / director's cut of AVP later this year. Basically, the version of the film they intended to release before someone at Fox apparently decided they should shoot for a PG-13 rating instead of R.

Is it worth waiting for? Hell if I know! :) But thought I'd mention it regardless.[/quote]

I'll wait just to see if the rumor is true. Even if it's false, AVP will be found for cheap later in the year.

[quote name='boyward'][quote name='unbongwah']FYI, I've read rumors that there will some special edition / director's cut of AVP later this year. Basically, the version of the film they intended to release before someone at Fox apparently decided they should shoot for a PG-13 rating instead of R.

Is it worth waiting for? Hell if I know! :) But thought I'd mention it regardless.[/quote]

I'll wait just to see if the rumor is true. Even if it's false, AVP will be found for cheap later in the year.[/quote]

Exactly, so ill wait with you, final anwser.

Thanks for the CostCo post....Both Predator for $17 is a nice price. I may check it out come Tuesday.

I already have Predator SE 1, but for $5 I can probably sell it and make $5

I liked it for what it was too. I really would love for that Unrated Cut as well. I think just about everyone figured it was coming after seeing the movie. I like collectible things but I'll probably end up waiting or if I get talked into buying it, I'll just ebay it off once the new one comes out. 15.00 week one resell close to the new version you still make out alright.

If the costco predator 1/2 pack is indeed the newer, special editions, would anyone mind picking one up for me tuesday? I'd gladly pay the $17 + tax + shipping + some change for your work.

If anyone would be so kind, PM me or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

[quote name='Trakan']Nothing will ever be as good as the first predator. Nothing.[/quote]

The special edition predator dvd truely is great, I love the alien movies more of course but its great. You should check out the predator comics, those are awesome.

[quote name='unbongwah']FYI, I've read rumors that there will some special edition / director's cut of AVP later this year. Basically, the version of the film they intended to release before someone at Fox apparently decided they should shoot for a PG-13 rating instead of R.

That could be interesting. I waited on the LotR of curse and Hellboy. Was pleased with both. Got burned on Underworld since they did not announce it until after the other one was out. Anyone have any other info on a proposed 'R' rated version. If the difference is like King Arthur theater v. King Arthur dvd, it could be huge.

I read that the extra footage is not much more...at least the deleted scenes were kinda weak. I'm sure they will EVENTUALLY release another version, they always do.

The Grudge should have another release after this upcomming one
I, Robot has a 2-disc set in Region 3

I think AvP has a 2-disc release in another region also.....soooo, who knows.

[quote name='Stryffe2004'][quote name='unbongwah']FYI, I've read rumors that there will some special edition / director's cut of AVP later this year. Basically, the version of the film they intended to release before someone at Fox apparently decided they should shoot for a PG-13 rating instead of R.

That could be interesting. I waited on the LotR of curse and Hellboy. Was pleased with both. Got burned on Underworld since they did not announce it until after the other one was out. Anyone have any other info on a proposed 'R' rated version. If the difference is like King Arthur theater v. King Arthur dvd, it could be huge.[/quote]

I got burned on underworld as well, sadly the same goes for hellboy.

chalk another one up for being burned on Underworld. With Hellboy though I knew the extended edition was coming out when i purchased the new one. I just wanted to have both since i liked the movie. Dont get me wrong i liked Underworld, but the original release was kinda bones and the way they announced the two-disc version was very sketchy.

I don't know why many of you are complaining about the film!

Why did you go see it in the first place then? uh?

Many of you knew damn well who was the Director, Actors, Story, ect.. be fore seeing the film.

Is this the first time many of you going to double dip? I don't think so! Stop acting like such little boys and girls.

We all have been double dipping since we started collecting dvd's.

[quote name='KAR10']I don't know why many of you are complaining about the film!

Why did you go see it in the first place then? uh?

Many of you knew damn well who was the Director, Actors, Story, ect.. be fore seeing the film.

Is this the first time many of you going to double dip? I don't think so! Stop acting like such little boys and girls.

We all have been double dipping since we started collecting dvd's.[/quote]

Wow, I see you hang out on DVDtalk.com also.....the exact same post word for word

[quote name='sman113']At first i didnt like this movie either, but then i realized i had to take it for what it was. [/quote]

You could say the exact same thing about any number of "crappy" licensed games. Sure, there's some fun to be had there somewhere (if you look for it hard enough), but that doesn't excuse the fact that the overall product should have been much better to begin with. Here we had a lousy director (Paul W.S. Anderson) who made a lousy product (AvP), but you're going to continue to buy his shoddy products because you're willing to accept this level of quality as long as a popular license is attached to it. Lame/10

[quote name='doubledown']I think $15.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City (Best Buy comes with a 32 Page booklet for a limited time)

avpblockbuster1.jpg
[/quote]

I bet if they sold the bust as the main item, and tacked on the movie as an extra product that came bonus with the bust, they would sell more.

I rented AVP to see what the extended beginning was all about.....its about a minute long has a guy running from a predator, when it corners him an alien shows up behind him....all scene in predator vision........not worth the 3 bucks to rent.

bought mine at BB and pricematched with CC. Saved a $1. The cover looks really nice and if you aere curious you have both dvd covers on 1 dvd. The widescreen has the predator on the slip case cover and the actual dvd cover has the alien. The book that came with it is just a sample and it is an interesting read to bad it cuts off each section.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='sman113']At first i didnt like this movie either, but then i realized i had to take it for what it was. [/quote]

You could say the exact same thing about any number of "crappy" licensed games. Sure, there's some fun to be had there somewhere (if you look for it hard enough), but that doesn't excuse the fact that the overall product should have been much better to begin with. Here we had a lousy director (Paul W.S. Anderson) who made a lousy product (AvP), but you're going to continue to buy his shoddy products because you're willing to accept this level of quality as long as a popular license is attached to it. Lame/10[/quote]

This was a movie about two alien species hunting each other based on a comic book. Neither alien species speaks. How much story did you actually want?

I wanted to see Predators hunting Aliens, and this did it for me. i paid by $6 and was happy. I am not goign to buy the movie on DVD unless there is something extra thrown in. But did expect a love story? a retrospective about Predator and Alien cultures?

[quote name='sman113']This was a movie about two alien species hunting each other based on a comic book. How much story did you actually want?

I wanted to see Predators hunting Aliens, and this did it for me. But did expect a love story? a retrospective about Predator and Alien cultures?[/quote]

Where did I say anything about the story? I said AvP was an overall lousy movie made by a lousy director (Paul W.S. Anderson) who doesn't deserve the privilege of making anything based on a video game ever again. By supporting his shoddy products by paying to see his film, you're continuing the ugly cycle of lousy video game-licensed movies and supporting Paul W.S. Anderson's film career. Both of these must stop.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='sman113']This was a movie about two alien species hunting each other based on a comic book. How much story did you actually want?

I wanted to see Predators hunting Aliens, and this did it for me. But did expect a love story? a retrospective about Predator and Alien cultures?[/quote]

Where did I say anything about the story? I said AvP was an overall lousy movie made by a lousy director (Paul W.S. Anderson) who doesn't deserve the privilege of making anything based on a video game ever again. By supporting his shoddy products by paying to see his film, you're continuing the ugly cycle of lousy video game-licensed movies and supporting Paul W.S. Anderson's film career. Both of these must stop.[/quote]

Oh yes....he will stop making movies....sheesh. Please get off your soap-box, just let these movies be. Some may LOVE AvP, some may HATE it. Just leave it at that. I may actually buy this now just to piss you off

[quote name='sman113'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='sman113']At first i didnt like this movie either, but then i realized i had to take it for what it was. [/quote]

You could say the exact same thing about any number of "crappy" licensed games. Sure, there's some fun to be had there somewhere (if you look for it hard enough), but that doesn't excuse the fact that the overall product should have been much better to begin with. Here we had a lousy director (Paul W.S. Anderson) who made a lousy product (AvP), but you're going to continue to buy his shoddy products because you're willing to accept this level of quality as long as a popular license is attached to it. Lame/10[/quote]

This was a movie about two alien species hunting each other based on a comic book. Neither alien species speaks. How much story did you actually want?

I wanted to see Predators hunting Aliens, and this did it for me. i paid by $6 and was happy. I am not goign to buy the movie on DVD unless there is something extra thrown in. But did expect a love story? a retrospective about Predator and Alien cultures?[/quote]

The only reason they made this movie was to make money.. With absolutely no concern for anything else.. They intentionally made a bad movie because they saw no reason to actually try to bring anything good to it.. they don't care the slightest bit about alienating or pissing off fans.. They could've gotten better scripts and directors easily but they simply don't care.. The name was enough for it to sell.. There is no R rated version.. There never was gonna be an R version.. they decidied from the start to make it PG 13 so it'd be accessable to more people and make them more money. I'm very glad I know better and look at reviews of FOX movies before going out to see them now!

I didnt think the movie was so horrible, aliens fought predators, one human survived, decent fight scenes....then again im to alien/predator what an otaku is to anime.....then again im also an otaku of sorts....hu wait I lost my place.

bread's done
Back