whats the deal with nintendo VIP points?

fluffy69

CAG Veteran
i have collected 1400 nintendo points and i was browsing the star-store (as it is called here in germany) and boy do they have shit! you can buy mp3 files of some games or get a nintendo wallpaper for your cellphone or even a crappy nintendo keychain. they used to have a zelda promo disc for the gamecub with some zelda games but that one is sold out.
anyways, i was wondering how cool it would be if you could change your vip points into wii points. that would be totally awesome! you could get a classic game from the virtual console and have a motivation to collect those points. that shouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish for nintendo, since you already can hook up your nintendo.com account to your wii.
what do you think of that?

They already announced they'll be doing that at some point.

Be glad you're not in the US, we can't even get crappy keychains.

[quote name='botticus']They already announced they'll be doing that at some point.

Be glad you're not in the US, we can't even get crappy keychains.[/QUOTE]

how dare you! Talking bad about desktop wallpaper and nsider info have you no shame!

The last thing I heard was that you'll be able to convert your VIP points to Wii points around fall.
However, the catch is at that point all your VIP points older than 12 months will be erased. On top all new VIP points will automatically be erased after 12 months.
The exchange rate will be 1:4, meaning 4 VIP points equal 1 Wii point.

[quote name='Scrubking']When the fuck are we in the US going to get these benefits?? Mother fucker![/quote]

Hopefully soon. I am thankful at least that we are not last like Europe and Austraila always seem to be for new launches, although Europe got some good Virtual Consoles games before us. Lucky.

[quote name='Scrubking']When the fuck are we in the US going to get these benefits?? Mother fucker![/quote]Yeah I mean sure Walpaper is nice but hell you offer me Walpaper or a free VC game and well guess what one I choose, lol. We need to go to get the message to reggie, Nintendo needs more ass kicking power, lol.

bread's done
Back