What's the deal with ribbit king?

eldad9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Gamestop claim to have it in stock, but according to EB the release was delayed until monday. BB and CC have never heard of it. The official site hasn't been updated for the launch, the third wallpaper design is still missing, and DVDempire.com claim to have exactly one in stock for $47.49!

This is a very confusing launch for what is arguably the second most highly-anticipated game this month.

D00d!

It's golf with frogs!

I mean, d00d!

You get to hit the frogs with golf clubs. And watch 'em fly.

Can you think of any game that could possibly be better?

You are all terrible people. Look, maybe I'm not explaining it right, but there's this frog, see? and you get to launch it into the air at 100 MPH. You get to do this to a frog. Over and over again.

What's not to like?

[quote name='eldad9']You are all terrible people. Look, maybe I'm not explaining it right, but there's this frog, see? and you get to launch it into the air at 100 MPH. You get to do this to a frog. Over and over again.

What's not to like?[/quote]

What's not to like? You have to lauch a frog over and over again for no apparant reason. This game is pretty bad. 5 minutes of the demo version told me it's not even worth $5.

I don't want to abuse frogs! That's cruel and horrible.

The fun part is that the frogs in the game don't get hurt - in fact, you're probably helping them save the kingdom or whatever.

Just for you, then:

I'm workin' in the flea market so early
I've been workin' here since my mama was a baby (???)
Just because the rhythm is slow
That don't mean that you can't flow

In the rain or in the snow
Got the got the funky flow
All you ever need is to be nice and friendly

Remember, strike it rich, the key is love
Save everybody from way up above

I can sell a bottle cap like this

I never dreamed it would be like this
I am the number one ruler of the seven seas

The skunk over here will bring you luck
The pump over here comes with a truck

Oh yes, I had a lot a lot of fun
I made a lot of bucks and now I'm on the run

Got the funky funky flow

Ha ha, let me tell you something that I never tell you before
Listen this!

I have never sold everything, everything
You have never sold everything, everything
Money money money is all you need

[quote name='eldad9']Just for you, then:

I'm workin' in the flea market so early
I've been workin' here since my mama was a baby (???)
Just because the rhythm is slow
That don't mean that you can't flow

Remember, strike it rich, the key is love
Save everybody from way up above

I never dreamed it would be like this
I am the number one ruler of the seven seas

The skunk over here will bring you luck
The pump over here comes with a truck

Oh yes, I had a lot a lot of fun
I made a lot of bucks and now I'm on the run

Got the funky funky flow

Ha ha, let me tell you something that I never tell you before
Listen this!

I have never sold everything, everything
You have never sold everything, everything
Money money money is all you need[/quote]

You just made my day! :D

[quote name='eldad9']I don't want to abuse frogs! That's cruel and horrible.

The fun part is that the frogs in the game don't get hurt - in fact, you're probably helping them save the kingdom or whatever.[/quote]

Sure, and Super Monkey Ball's monkey's are digging it everytime you drop them into the abyss.

SMB is essentially the same game as the old Psygnosis' Rollaway on the PSone. The primary difference is the monkey torture aspect to make a good game great.

From what I understand, you don't actually hit the frogs in this game. You just aim near them and try to scare them so they jump real far. I could be wrong - I haven't played it yet.

It looks really goofy, like the game creators were on acid when they made it or some other hallucinagen, I might rent it just to see.

The frogs are on a teeter totter launch pad, you slam it with a sledge hammer or other devices (depending on the char you use), said frog launches. And at this point the game takes over completely. Youre froggy can land a-ok, or a snake can come out of no where, eat it.. spit it out, then your frog lands in a spider web (launching it once again) and having your frog which you thought was a good 50+ yards out end up at a whopping 15 yards, cause the snake messed it all up, but wait.. your eaten, and launched and beaten frog spies a fly, and leaps for it for a quick 40 points and a few extra gainer yards. It's actually a complex game, and requires a huge amount of scouting, courses are nice, graphics are alright (but get the job done), control it very nice (thought camera could have used work), chars are funny, and music and sound effects are great. Mind you this is all from my playing the demo as well. easily worth the 20.00 tag,

How can you people not want to play a frolf game?

Yeah, it's probably goofy and stupid, but that's fine- I'll throw my support behind absurd games!

It is indeed available, I saw it at my local TRU last night.

Has anyone bought and played the actual released version (not just the demo)? IGN trashed the game, but it still looks interesting, especially for 20$, so I'd like to get some second opinions.

$14.90 at Fry's.

my gf took it off the shelfs cause it looked like animal crossing... i took it off because of the price tag. but passed it up after the back cover said FROLF... it does sound interesting now thou.

The demo was fun for about 10 min. . . . I'd buy it for $5 . . . very, very trippy it must be Japanese in design . . . the frogs keep going through the course . . . swimming in water jumping at frogs but it seems random not skill based.

I think you'd be much better off with Mario Golf or Hot Shots 3 . . .

I posted this in the deal thread so I'll post it here too.

There's no strategy involved, not because it's a simple game (which it is) but because it's impossible to control where your frog is going. Once I spent a good couple minutes, on one single shot, waiting for my frog to stop hitting those "obstacles."

bread's done
Back