What's the easiest and cheapest, OTA antenna to build? Verizon or TWC for internet?

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I am thinking about canceling cable tv in April because of TWC's price changes, and considering that I don't watch that much tv in the first place. I will probably be buying a roku box and connect it to my tv via HDMI for 720p. I want to build a OTA antenna so that I can still receive the network channels, since the ones I bought(and returned) from a store are horrible. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of antenna to build? I was thinking about building the coat hanger antenna, but that seems like too much work, and I can't really seem to find coat hangers anywhere around the house or to purchase.

Also, TWC is also raising the prices of Cable internet from $44.99 to $46.99. Should I cancel that as well and open Verizon's 7.1mb dsl plan? Would this still allow me to stream Netflix HD over wireless? Thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol at the paperclip antenna.

Do a search here and you'll find a thread with a nice homemade antenna. It's made from a 2x4 and some coat hangers fastened down in something that resembles a helix pattern. Reportedly gets +80% signal strength. Me and my dad are going to try and make a few of these once we wrangle up the little piece you need to hook it up to a TV. I'm sure Radio Shack has them.

metal picture frame wire got all the digital channels available for Atlanta when i was down there. good strength and a crystal clear picture.
Also half the time if you dont have cable, the cable wire running into the house is left live nd works as a decent antenna

bread's done
Back