whats the online game where you can actually make money?

I think you're talking about Second Life, the MMO where players can design their own items, buy their own real estate, and set up their own shops to make game-money, which can be exchanged (or bought) for real money

I downloaded it, just to see what it was like, and instantly knew the game wasn't my cup of tea. Creating anything useful or cool requires money invested into the game, and even if you wanted to make a shop or something, the market seems to be VERY competetive. Socially, its not that much better, since there's already slang and cliques forming that you'll have to learn about (i barely understood what people were talking about) and the game has attracted some pretty strange crowds (when i was looking for new clothes, the first place i looked ended up having nothing but S&M gear... yeah...)

Also, personally, the game looked like shit on my computer. Still, it might be worth a look. After all, it is free:

www.secondlife.com

Wealthwars sounds kinda interesting. Just signed up for it

EDIT. GAH! They don't allow FireFox to be used in the "war field" bastards. And it gives you a link to a forum thread about why and said thread "no longer exists"

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']I think you're talking about Second Life, the MMO where players can design their own items, buy their own real estate, and set up their own shops to make game-money, which can be exchanged (or bought) for real money

I downloaded it, just to see what it was like, and instantly knew the game wasn't my cup of tea. Creating anything useful or cool requires money invested into the game, and even if you wanted to make a shop or something, the market seems to be VERY competetive. Socially, its not that much better, since there's already slang and cliques forming that you'll have to learn about (i barely understood what people were talking about) and the game has attracted some pretty strange crowds (when i was looking for new clothes, the first place i looked ended up having nothing but S&M gear... yeah...)

Also, personally, the game looked like shit on my computer. Still, it might be worth a look. After all, it is free:

www.secondlife.com[/QUOTE]

The fact there is a damn furry right on the front page turns me off instantly.

09.jpg

It also explains the S&M store, and the strange crowds.

Reading their website freaks me out though... it's like a game for people who just want to live at their computer.

Perhaps are you speaking about selling ingame items for online cash?

I use to sell items in UO years ago, and just read on Gamespot there was a huge bust on people duping gold. So I'm assuming money can still be made in that game, but I don't know how much.

The first year or so I was able to sell items in Diablo 2 when the "Grandfather" was going for a legit $200 in cash over eBay.

I think Everquest doesn't permit selling items for cash, and WOW It's bannable.

The online items for cash thing has been going downhill last I checked.

[quote name='Roufuss']The fact there is a damn furry right on the front page turns me off instantly.

09.jpg

It also explains the S&M store, and the strange crowds.

Reading their website freaks me out though... it's like a game for people who just want to live at their computer.[/QUOTE]

It could be worse. I've occasionally worked with the former King of the Furries, Mark Merlino. His company does wiring for networks and telephony, among other things. He's good at his work but is a personality that requires a lot of management for lack of a better word.
http://www.lantanaltd.com/business.html

You talking about gold farming? Which is in MMOs you create an account and work on getting a lot of gold and expensive items then sell the account on ebay?

bread's done
Back