What's the rarest game you own?

In terms of print run/us availability my rarest is probably my copy of Rainbow Six Takedown for PC.

In terms of monetary value, probably my Fallout 3 GOTY CE guide.

My rarest is probably Chrono Trigger for SNES.  

I do have a lot of collector's edition of games though, some of which may be worth more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many to show but these are my favorites
1301971821.jpg

1285314389.jpg

I briefly owned the Neo Geo Freak version of Metal Slug 3, and it made me never want to delve into Neo Geo collecting again. My head hurts just thinking back to it.

Long story short: SNK Playmore was court ordered to issue a statement that NGF was a licensed manufacturer of Metal Slug 3 (and several other titles), but the collector community refuses to acknowledge their version as anything more than a bootleg. Ugh.

A sealed GTA Trilogy for Xbox probably, either that or a couple of sealed Atari Lynx games.

I also own a Sega CDX that I found at goodwill.

Not much for rarity, but I do own a first print of Xenoblade (NTSC). Wish I kept it sealed since I only played it once (really opened for the Club Nintendo Code because it boosted me to Platinum that year). That was before I knew it was going to be rare. Also own a sealed copy of Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC. 

I have a game called Gregory's horror show for the ps2. It was never released in the u.s. So it goes for over $100 on eBay though it can be imported for much less. Also the uk version is in English and runs at 60hz

Off the top of my head, Conkers Bad Fur Day. Although I would have to do some research,  so many games rise and fall in price. I have a Dead Space 2 CE that was pretty expensive at the time I got it, not so much anymore.  Same for the Wind Waker HD CE.

All my games are black label as well, that's a rarity IMO. 

Mine is probably my complete copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story including Punching Puppet Ghaleon in the box. I also have sealed copies of Shadow Hearts 1, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Wind Waker for GameCube, and some other stuff that goes for around the $100 range.

Not much for rarity, but I do own a first print of Xenoblade (NTSC). Wish I kept it sealed since I only played it once (really opened for the Club Nintendo Code because it boosted me to Platinum that year). That was before I knew it was going to be rare. Also own a sealed copy of Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC.
How much would you say an original first print of Xenoblade Chronicles SEALED goes for? I only ask because I still have my unopened. Hell, I still have the receipt for it too!

Rarest? I have 100's of game but not sure I have anything that you'd call rare persay. There is one however that does bought it recently its Retro City Rampage DX for the PS4. Only 2000 copies printed up. Heard about it on the psn blog grabbed it up for like 25; wish i had grabbed more copies. Its selling for over 100 now. on ebay sold out quickly

got the digital copy so the sealed copy i got is sitting nicely on my little shelf away from my collection

should have bought at least 2-3 or even 4 more copies

Rarest? I have 100's of game but not sure I have anything that you'd call rare persay. There is one however that does bought it recently its Retro City Rampage DX for the PS4. Only 2000 copies printed up. Heard about it on the psn blog grabbed it up for like 25; wish i had grabbed more copies. Its selling for over 100 now. on ebay sold out quickly

got the digital copy so the sealed copy i got is sitting nicely on my little shelf away from my collection

should have bought at least 2-3 or even 4 more copies
I almost bought 20 of those simply because I wanted to be able to say I owned 1% of the entire print run. I didn't, though, and I now regret it. I did buy multiples just significantly less than 20.

I'm not as hardcore as some other cag here. I for skyrom ce, fallout 3 and Vegas ce that I like, and fire emblem GameCube CIB . I still haven't beat that game on GameCube

site that sold it was fangamer.com its an online store that sells videogame related merch. I heard about it through sonys playstation blog. 

Glad i didn't hesitate that much. Still i wish i had ordered more copies even though i hate when companies purposely limit stock to create artificial demand. Even when they were releasing this they were already proclaiming rarest ps4 game ever. 

wasn't sure if it would actually go up or i'd be stock with worthless copies. 

site artificial ld it was fangamer.com its an online store that sells videogame related merch. I heard about it through sonys playstation blog.

Glad i didn't hesitate that much. Still i wish i had ordered more copies even though i hate when companies purposely limit stock to create artificial demand. Even when they were releasing this they were already proclaiming rarest ps4 game ever.

wasn't sure if it would actually go up or i'd be stock with worthless copies.
kind of hypocrite, you hate when companies limit stock to create a artifical demand yet you want more copies
to support the artifical demand and profit off of. Its not like you wanted a backup copy incase the game breaks.

I never said I wanted to profit persay. Just that i wish i had ordered more copies. Also there's nothing inherently wrong with investing in more copies for the future. Its not like I'm a buyer who buys them just to sell them at markup later for obscene prices. And even if it was that's not necessarily wrong either. Having a video game collection requires alot of investment of money and time; if i did do that the money would only be going back into my hobby which I enjoy

If anything I probably put in more money into this hobby than I should. Nothing wrong in recuperating even a tiny bit of whats put in. Stop acting like everything should be pure and untainted by financial gain.

Stop pretending if you could go back in time in invest in say google,apple,microsoft,whatever you wouldn't do so because your in it for the love of computing or some crap If you could go back in time and grab suikoden 2, earthbound,etc you wouldn't grab extra copies for sale. :-({|= Stop implying your above financial motivations that you wouldnt do so. You may think lotteries are a scam to suck money out of people but trust me if you had a winning ticket you'd cash it all the same.

I have a digital copy and one physical copy i bought of RCR. Never said I wanted multiple copies to resell. However if i did there's nothing wrong with that either. You can be a collector as well as an investor. You may hate walmarts low employee wages but still shop there.

Pretty sure you do things that are hypocritical and at times at odds with things you feel strongly about.

Used to own Mega Man Legends 2, though not really rare, just valuable.  Also had Jade Cocoon which was not really rare or common.  I borrowed Tron Bonne from a friend for a spell if that counts for anything.
it doesn't!

Of games that I actually own right now, probably say Calling for Wii, Guardian Heroes for Saturn, and most recently Rascal Racers for PS1 (though I'm not keeping that turd).  Also I already played through another copy of it, but I'm keeping Kirby's Return to Dream Land sealed.  Not rare at all by most standards, but for a 1st party Nintendo title it is relatively uncommon.

Also I have a relatively rare PS1 controller, the SCPH-1180, the first Sony handheld analog controller.  Bought that when it first came out, wish I would of saved the box.

Rarest games I used to own were the StarFox Super Weekend competition cart and Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge. Sold both of them on eBay a few years back for $1500.

Also I have a relatively rare PS1 controller, the SCPH-1180, the first Sony handheld analog controller. Bought that when it first came out, wish I would of saved the box.
I still have the japanese SCPH-1150 with its box. Better than the US version since it did have vibration built in.

Used to own Mega Man Legends 2, though not really rare, just valuable. Also had Jade Cocoon which was not really rare or common. I borrowed Tron Bonne from a friend for a spell if that counts for anything.
it doesn't!

Of games that I actually own right now, probably say Calling for Wii, Guardian Heroes for Saturn, and most recently Rascal Racers for PS1 (though I'm not keeping that turd). Also I already played through another copy of it, but I'm keeping Kirby's Return to Dream Land sealed. Not rare at all by most standards, but for a 1st party Nintendo title it is relatively uncommon.

Also I have a relatively rare PS1 controller, the SCPH-1180, the first Sony handheld analog controller. Bought that when it first came out, wish I would of saved the box.
I have tons of uncommon/valuable domestic PS1 games but I swear to god, every week I find out about another PS1 game and I don't know where to draw the line as to whether I should get it or not. I usually don't bother if the active value is below $30... but should probably raise that.

Burning Rangers for Sega Saturn

.hack//Quarantine (which I'm actually looking to sell/trade if anyone's interested!)

I also have official Gamecube Component cables, found them for $3 at Gamestop years ago.

The rarest one I ever owned was Pokemon Box for Gamecube, I sold it about 8 years ago now... still miss it :(

bread's done
Back