What's the stupidest game you've bought

AzianAsspicker

CAGiversary!
What's the stupidest game you bought and the amount u paid for it?
Red Faction- PC; paid 50 dollars for it cause i got it when it first came out :(

red faction and red faction 2 are great games, how is the pc version of 1? Oh, and to stay on topic, eternal ring.

hey snipegod, did you play halo on XBC recently? i played with a snipegod, jw if its the same person.

[quote name='Trakan']hey snipegod, did you play halo on XBC recently? i played with a snipegod, jw if its the same person.[/quote]

Hey stay on topic!

probably BMX XXX. I was lured into it by the $9.99 price tag not long after it was released, at EB. I am ashamed to have it next to my other games.

[quote name='zombieman']State of Emergency...The only game that I bought and returned the same day.[/quote]

that game was great

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='zombieman']State of Emergency...The only game that I bought and returned the same day.[/quote]

that game was great[/quote]

agreed... i love my 4.99 CC sale S.O.E.

[quote name='Trakan']hey snipegod, did you play halo on XBC recently? i played with a snipegod, jw if its the same person.[/quote]

It wasn't me. I don't even own Halo.

The online online games I play are on the PC, and they're Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Call of Duty.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker'][quote name='smalien1']Final Fantasy X for 14.99[/quote]

WHAT! that game is one of the bests for ps2!!![/quote]

How can something that is turn-based be the 'bests' for the PS2?

The crappiest game I have ever played by far was Ballz for the 3do system. One of the many crappy games released for that system - luckily this was in the days when return policies were much more lax, and I had no trouble returning it. More recently - I remember how excited I was when I got home with my brand new copy of Star Wars Episode I Obi Wan for XBox. Talk about a steaming pile! I also bought several PC games over the years from various bargain bins, and they almost always sucked.

oh, I change mine to Hide and Seek for the Atari 2600. Bought it for a dollar new after the system was on it's way out. Even at the age of 7, I thought this game was horrible. Consisted of one blob like person hiding behind a door or under a bed while another computer controlled blob like person tried to find you. Dear god.

I've luckily been very satisfied by every game I've purchased for my next gen systems.

As for the game that sounded the dumbest on paper, that's got to be Culdcept. We call it Nerd Monopoly. But damn if that isn't one of the greatest games ever created.

morrowind game of the year for xbox paided 30 bucks

the loading time take about 1 to 2 minutes and the whole story bored me out of my mind

I was quite happy with my $30 investment in Morrowind GOTY. It isn't the BEST game, but it has an assload of content to keep you, well, content, for a long time. Coincidental word usage aside, I thought Morrowind was great. Not quite the masterpiece of a living, breathing world that KOTOR was, but it was still GOOD. And a GOOD game you can play for 100 hours? Sign me up.

I used to buy shareware as a kid, (you know, before that intarweb thing,) because it was so damn cheap compared to full software.

I can't tell you how many worthless DOS titles I had.

Either Hexen for the 64 still have it complete...biggest waste of money, or evergrace back in january after the ps2 came out. Not alot of ps2 titles to be found and i wanted something else to play so i picked it up, you have to corroidnate magical armor...LAME!!

I bought Slave Zero for DC when it first came out. Worst decison ever. Thats what happens when you let the box art fool you lol

[quote name='Kaijufan']I picked up Enter the Matrix when it first came out for Gamecube. Worse $50 i ever spent.[/quote]

Heh, I preordered that stupid game to get the lame ass DVD of the making of the game, which consisted of about 6 minutes of an interview with the designers saying how great The Matrix is.

I bought Batman Forever for the SNES for around $10. That game is crap and I couldn't believe it had load times for a cartridge game.

$85 for Killer Instinct on the SNES. We slipped the clerk about $15 so we could get it a day early and it retailed around $70. It wasn't that it was such a bad game, but it was definitely stupid spending that much money on it. Thankfully, it was my dad's money and not my own.

[quote name='daddiebigbig']pac man world 2 $12 i wanted a new platfomer at the time.[/quote]

The Frogger Adventure title was also awful in similar frustrating ways. It makes you appreciate how much work goes into a Mario 64 or Jak & Daxter.

mario paint for the snes.

i also bought state of emergency for the xbox from the circuit city sale, and after five minutes that game sucked.

[quote name='levi333']Superman 64. I was actually pumped for its release...damn nintendo power. Paid the full 60 for it as soon as it came out.[/quote]

Everyone can stop posting, we have a winner.

Black Stone for XBox...I didn't buy it, THANK GOD! But I unfortunately played it...all I can say is damn

Fatal Rewind for the Genesis. Sounds like a better than Smash TV but since it was Psygnosis and the year was 1991 you know it was going to suck... unfortnately I was out of titles I was interested in for the Genesis. I didn't have it home for 3 hours before it went back.

Probably any Tomb Raider from 3 on. I kept thinking they would get better. I was wrong. However, I did NOT buy Angel of Darkness, so perhaps I have learned my lesson after all.

Stake: Fortune Fighters, if you've read my other rantings about the game than you already know, but that is the worst piece of crap, that you can buy. Controls, etc, etc, let's just say that there is not one single thing in the game that is good.

I gotta go with Legends of Wrestling for Cube. I'm a sucker for wrestling games...but this was just bad. Plus, create-a-wrestlers use like 32 blocks on your mem card!? WTF?

Hey You Pikachu for the N64. I think I paid $60 for it when I was younger soon after release.

[quote name='ryan838']probably turok for n64[/quote]
lmao... i remember paying 69.99 for it when it came out and remember buying it at BB along w/ N64 on the 1st week it came out.. also bought N64 for 200 i regret that now :(

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']WWF Attitude

I bought into the hype and put in $50 for one of the worst games I have ever played.[/quote]

same thing here, i used to love wrestling, and i got on the 64 i remember i took forever to come out.

I remember all the n64 WWF acclaim games took forever to come out. Man that frustrated me so much how they'd keep getting pushed further and further back, and then when they'd finally come out half the roster would no longer be with the company.

Hmm toss up between Kirby's Air-Ride and RAW 2
Neither are extremely terrible games, but both I spent the full montey on.

Only to realize that Kirby's Air Ride didn't live up to the Famitsu scores it got (It got Godly scores, and I figured I couldn't go wrong... how wrong I was), and that IGN was BSing (again!) on Raw. I should have seen the Raw thing coming but I had some extra money on my hands. Doh!

I've bought ALOT of crappy games in the past, but I try to never spend $50 on a crappy game. But since I'm pre-ordering more games now this might change, but most of the time I check into reviews before buying games, and try to get a good judgement on what im buying.

I enjoyed Raw 2. But on that note, I paid $50 plus shipping for Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain. I was very angry that night. They basically took the last Smackdown, crapped on it, and boxed it up.

Another bad purchase was Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast. Yet another bad wrestling purchase: Road to Wrestlemania on GBA. That one couldn't hold a candle to Fire Pro.

As for non-wrestling mistakes, that one goes to Quest 64. Just say no, kids.

I'll have to go with Attitude just because I got WCW Revenge for Christmas, and returned it and got Attitude, just because I played a lot of Revenge on my friend's copy before Christmas. I later learned how stupid this was after playing Attitude. God I wish I kept Revenge.

bread's done
Back