What's up with Amazon?

zsciaeount

CAGiversary!
After handily winning the best online retailer for CAGs, I've noticed that over the past month, the quality of the daily values offered by Amazon have really started to slide.

I mean, yesterday, the offered Wii "deals" that were no better than prices found at B&M. And today's "deal" is a $100 gift set. The games and accessories offered are of decreasing quality as well. I mean, a good deal on We Cheer is not a good deal at all.

Anyone else wondering why Amazon's normally awesome deals are nowehere to be found?

They have some of the best prices around on a lot of games and blu-rays, as well as other household items. I'm not sure what you're expecting exactly. Not every day can be a black friday type deal.

They can't have awesome deals all the time; they have a business to run (they need to earn some money). If they don't turn a profit, then they close their doors and we would never get any future deals.

Not every deal a business has is gonna be great. Many of them are marketing ploys to get people to bite on something at a price that is still good for business. Amazon has amazing deals all the time, nonetheless.

[quote name='mtxbass1']They have some of the best prices around on a lot of games and blu-rays, as well as other household items. I'm not sure what you're expecting exactly. Not every day can be a black friday type deal.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Their basic prices and discounts are usually enough of a deal- especially since they offer free shipping and no tax.

I think the quality of the games and accessories is a problem with the industry, and not a problem with Amazon. You don't need a 50$ pack of plastic accessories to play the Wii, its not Amazon's fault that companies produce a lot of crap in order to get people to buy it. They are just offering deals on what companies put out.

Amazon has good deals routinely and with the fact that games almost never go on sale at B&M stores these days they are pretty much the only place to get a good deal on a new video game unless you are willing to wait for price drops or used games.

[quote name='zsciaeount']After handily winning the best online retailer for CAGs, I've noticed that over the past month, the quality of the daily values offered by Amazon have really started to slide.

I mean, yesterday, the offered Wii "deals" that were no better than prices found at B&M. And today's "deal" is a $100 gift set. The games and accessories offered are of decreasing quality as well. I mean, a good deal on We Cheer is not a good deal at all.

Anyone else wondering why Amazon's normally awesome deals are nowehere to be found?[/quote]

LOL, yeah so the Deals of the Day and Gold Box are usually more miss than hit, but what else is new? They'll throw about 8 or 9 crap or "meh" mediocre "deals" up for every one standout, but hey at least they're offering daily deals and giving us that 1 in 10 golden deal. They certainly don't have to be giving us any deals of the day or gold box specials, and let's be honest - these are mostly for them to clear out excess inventory, and they ARE a business - so profits are paramount.

But I just received my Luminous Arc 2 DotD from last week, came perfectly and lovingly packaged along with the outer case, bonus disc and the big art book. All perfect and minty fresh. And that, just a couple of weeks after the Persona 4 DOTD that came complete with the big book as well.

For me, amazon can do no very little wrong. Sure, the 30 day proce protection guarantee going bye-bye sucks, but overall they have the best every day prices on games, definitely the best every day prices on new releases whether it be games, blurays, graphic novels, books etc., and free shipping and no sales tax.

I just ordered my parents an open box but mint 52" high end LCD off of their warehousedeals.com ($1400), it's being white glove delivered for free today, and I got it for $200 under amazon's price on the TV ($1600), which was better by $100 over the next closest competitor, Costco ($1700). And Costco would have charged me sales tax and shipping. Newegg was about $150 ($1750) more than amazon. Same TV at any other brick and mortar retailer is at least $1900 before taxes, believe me I checked them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
seinfeld.jpg
+
today_peanuts.jpg
= this thread

Best deal so far was Bleach: Dark Souls for $9.21. Everything else has been subpar to horrid. And maybe Luminous Arc 2 isnt too bad for $26.

[quote name='Squarehard']Best deal so far was Bleach: Dark Souls for $9.21. Everything else has been subpar to horrid. And maybe Luminous Arc 2 isnt too bad for $26.[/QUOTE]

figure in dumping the art book for 10+ knocks the game under 15

but i really do not look for major deals on Amazon until Novement

i got prime Dec 29 and never used it yet : (

bread's done
Back