Whats up with my HDTV?

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I hope this is the right section. Anyway, today i turned my HDTV and it was on a black screen since the input it was on was off. But it looked like a starry night sky. I thought it was some kind of background. Then i turned my xbox 360 on and the speckles were still there. I would hit the menu button to pop the menu up and some of the speckles would go away, some would pop up in other spots. Obviously it was a tv error of some sort. So i decided to turn my tv off and back on and now they are gone. Im just curious if anyone has ran into this kind of thing before? Im hoping it was just a freak thing and not a sign that my tv might be dying. Ive only had it a few years. Sorry i should have taken pics.

From a quick google of "samsung lcd speckles" looks like you could have an issue. A couple of hits say speckles caused by a bad Digital Main board that needs replaced.

Yeah it did the same thing today. Turned it on and specks, then i turned it off and back on and they were gone. Damn. I wonder how much that would cost to be repaired. Thanks for the help.

How old is it? Still under warranty?

Normally, extended warranties are total bullshit, but I'd say an LCD TV is one of the very few products where it's actually a good idea to spend a little extra. Amazon sells pretty good 3 or 5 year warranties a hell of a lot cheaper than the competition (like Crotchfield). I have a licensed Samsung repair shop not too far away, so it would just be a car trip rather than mailing in a massive TV directly to Samsung.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']How old is it? Still under warranty?

Normally, extended warranties are total bullshit, but I'd say an LCD TV is one of the very few products where it's actually a good idea to spend a little extra. Amazon sells pretty good 3 or 5 year warranties a hell of a lot cheaper than the competition (like Crotchfield). I have a licensed Samsung repair shop not too far away, so it would just be a car trip rather than mailing in a massive TV directly to Samsung.[/QUOTE]

Or you can get a warranty at Squaretrade.com. Very cheap warranties. I currently have a warranty with them for my Xbox 360.

bread's done
Back