Whats with my PS3 games, GIANT POLYS THAT'S WHAT !!!!!

johnnyRingo

CAGiversary!
Alright CAG's help me out. When playing Fallout 3 or Resident Evil 5, these huge polygonns fly out of my character. Now hold your horses and finish read'n. YES TO ALL THESE SOLUTIONS, Format HDD, clean out dust in unit, restore HDD. A local shop that does repairs here in San Antonio said it might be the motherboard. Has anyone else come across this predicament.

To quote Rob Halford ( You don't know what it's like ) any hoo it went bye bye consoles on it's way to Laredo Tx. It was still under warranty, quick tip to all CAGs if you buy a console at Best Buy with a credit card they can pull up a duplicate recipt.

Just out of curiosity, which model was it? I have one of the original 60GB models and the thing is a rock. I'd trust it to babysit my children, the thing is so reliable.

Sounds like your graphics card is getting artifacts. This is usually due to overheating or a bad GPU.

I would try to move the PS3 to a cooler area (hopefully you didn't put it in a enclosed cabinet) and use one of those compressed dusters to spray out the air intakes and exhausts.

I actually had this same exact problem with my previous one. I had been putting off sending it back and luckily checked when my warranty was up. Got the service call in during the last month of my warranty. :bouncy:

I've always wondered about the reliability on those. It always seemed to me that the less hardware in the box, the harder other components would have to work.

bread's done
Back