Whats your Gamecube controller of choice?

levi333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (99%)
Mine would be the Wavebird for sure. I have 3 right now, and am getting a fourth. I of course use the platinum bird, let others use the plain grey. Ill keep a regular Nintendo brand controller around, just in case i need the rumble feature.

Do you guys prefer Nintendo brand, or another?

Wavebird all the way.
I had a 3rd party controller, but the rumble stopped working after 20 mintues and the c-stick went off center. I think it was an Interact Superpad.

WaveBird. I got 4 of those bad boys and haven't looked back. I had one 3rd party controller back in the days of the N64, and after about a month it just died. Haven't bought a 3rd party controller since.

I just ordered a WaveBird from CircuitCity.com on Saturday for $26 since I've heard so many great things about it. So, once I get my WaveBird, I'm sure I would agree with the WaveBird.

Wavebird ... pissed me off that they released a platinum one when I already had 2 wavebirds and 2 standards (one plat. one black).

The wavebird is fucking awesome, I swear I'm only on my second set of batteries, this is after over a year of fairly heavy use.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I swear I'm only on my second set of batteries, this is after over a year of fairly heavy use.[/quote]

I've had a MS wireless mouse since last christmas, and I changed the first batteries yesterday.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I swear I'm only on my second set of batteries, this is after over a year of fairly heavy use.[/quote]

I've had a MS wireless mouse since last christmas, and I changed the first batteries yesterday.[/quote]

The charger part of my mx700 base stopped working, so right now I have to swap between 2 sets up rechargables every few weeks. It sucks but it also works well enough that I haven't replaced it yet. If I do I may go with an mx510, but I've had my 700 for so long (almost 2 years now) that I don't know if I could live with a corded mouse again.

EDIT: Then again, this mother fucker is damn sexy.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The charger part of my mx700 base stopped working, so right now I have to swap between 2 sets up rechargables every few weeks. It sucks but it also works well enough that I haven't replaced it yet. If I do I may go with an mx510, but I've had my 700 for so long (almost 2 years now) that I don't know if I could live with a corded mouse again.[/quote]

Have you seen the new Laser mice from Logitech? They look pretty nice.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The charger part of my mx700 base stopped working, so right now I have to swap between 2 sets up rechargables every few weeks. It sucks but it also works well enough that I haven't replaced it yet. If I do I may go with an mx510, but I've had my 700 for so long (almost 2 years now) that I don't know if I could live with a corded mouse again.[/quote]

Have you seen the new Laser mice from Logitech? They look pretty nice.[/quote]

Ha, I edited my post while you were posting.

Wavebird rocks, I have three of those that I break out for all multiplayer games. The only thing that bugs me is that they only come in two colors. Nintendo always goes buck wild releasing things in different colors, but with Wavebird (in which case it's common for people to own three or four) they get all frugal and just give you two choices. Anyway I just switch the battery covers between a platinum and the grey one so they are distinguishable.

For one-player games I usually just use the normal black one that came with the gamecube. I don't wanna expend the batteries (even though I still haven't had to replace my Wavebird originals) and I sit pretty close to a screen anyway. But whenever I bring the GameCube into the living room, it's WaveBird all the way. My parents thought it was so cool when they first saw it. They were all prepared to dodge a bunch of cords on the floor, then they were confused when they didn't find any.

Got one Wavebird that I love. Gonna be getting a new one since my son always needs to use it when we are playing Mario Party.

I haven't gotten around to buying a wavebird yet, but I do have a pelican wireless. While it was cheap, the sensitivity was poor and you can barely feel the rumble. The only time I use it is when I play games that don't require quick movements like Animal Crossing.

I used to have 3, yes, 3 normal black ones between my brother and I. My two broke, he went to college. So now one of them is a back-up. I use my trusty purple/black all the time, because I feel restricted with the Wavebird I have. The battery case just gives me no room to relax, and I need comfort while playing, which is a shame, but my friend doesn't have any problem with it, so he uses it. I also have another back-up, I'm pretty sure, and the DK Bongos, which are the only ones I've used for the passed 2 days. Ha.

poll nothing it's not like enough people use anything BUT the wavebird.:D I agree aswell, the only thing better would be an official wave bird with vibration.

depends on the game. 90% of the time Wavebird all the way.
But for the time where I'm playing for long periods of intence gaming (F-Zero GX) my Nyko AirFlow Controller takes the place of the Wavebird.

gc_ascii.jpg

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=75&products_id=2518&

This rules when it comes to Animal Crossing or Phantasy Star Online.

If only it were easier and cheaper to get it . :x

Ha, that keyboard controller looks neat, when I played animal crossing all the time, that would have been perfect for writing letters and such.

I love my wavebird in most cases, but a few games the rumble is really handy, gotta go to my orignal black. Things like fishing in Animal Crossing and when you're talking to Psycho Mantis in MGS: Twin Snakes, it's kinda lame w/o a rumble.

I use my corded Spice Orange Nintendo brand controller. I also have a black one, which is OK, but lacks the orangeness of my other controller. I never bothered with a Wavebird - I'm practically blind, and need to be close to the screen to play anyway.

bread's done
Back